Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,878

4 members and 1,874 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,158
Threads: 248,598
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Brayden0924
  • 06-07-2018, 12:25 AM
    dakski
    Solana - Our Scaleless Sunglow Motley Corn
    Long story short, I have been wanting a scaleless corn for some time. About 8 months ago, I convinced Katie to let me get one more snake. She caved and I decided I wanted something different, a challenge, and we ended up with Behira, our now 2 year old female Ghost BCI. I have no regrets. She's an amazing snake! I adore her. However, I have room in my Boaphile 5 floor condo for one more animal to fit into a 3X2' enclosure. I got back to thinking about another corn.

Katie said okay, as long as it was an animal worth getting and being our last (out of room and leeway from Katie - Behira was supposed to be the last).

Yesterday, I found that amazing animal. Today, I officially paid for her, although because of logistics and scheduling, I probably won't receive her until the end of June.

Meet Solana (Katie named her and it means Sun in Spanish).

She's 3 months old now and is a Scaleless Sunglow Motley Corn, likely the first for sale in the US.

[IMG]https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...om/bCt7E4F.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...om/J1QtmQ6.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...om/ixWdWx2.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...om/0scszvs.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...om/2rCplcD.jpg[/IMG]

https://www.facebook.com/19402588730...263778/?type=3

And some macro shots

[IMG]https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...om/sHmW78t.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...om/0LGUj8A.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...om/U7iJc5p.png[/IMG]
  • 06-07-2018, 05:05 AM
    67temp
    Re: Solana - Our Scaleless Sunglow Motley Corn
    Congradulations on finally getting the scaleless that you wanted! I saw her posted by Don and she is stunning.
  • 06-07-2018, 09:03 AM
    EDR
    Her colors are real vibrant. Explains the name. Cool pick up enjoy. Please update now and then on her cause I don't see older scaleless corns enough. Also to all the people who don't like scaleless just try to look at them as land eels.:P
  • 06-07-2018, 09:12 AM
    C.Marie
    Very nice pick up , can not wait to see her with some size, and don't forget to post pictures of her shed that be neat to see.
  • 06-07-2018, 09:23 AM
    richardhind1972
    Great new pick up, amazing colour
    , be interesting to watch her develop on the thread, cool how there's still a few scales around the nose mouth and nostrils, suppose still for some protection

Sent from my TA-1024 using Tapatalk
  • 06-07-2018, 10:32 AM
    dakski
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 67temp View Post
    Congradulations on finally getting the scaleless that you wanted! I saw her posted by Don and she is stunning.

As soon as I saw her, showed her to Katie, and found out she is chill and tame already, I couldn't let her get away. She looks incredible and supposedly has a personality to match.

Quote:

Originally Posted by EDR View Post
    Her colors are real vibrant. Explains the name. Cool pick up enjoy. Please update now and then on her cause I don't see older scaleless corns enough. Also to all the people who don't like scaleless just try to look at them as land eels.:P

Land Eels, love it! Luckily, I love to take pics and post, so you all will watch her grow!

Quote:

Originally Posted by C.Marie View Post
    Very nice pick up , can not wait to see her with some size, and don't forget to post pictures of her shed that be neat to see.

Yes, I will post many updates! Forgot about the shed; it's got to be really cool.

Quote:

Originally Posted by richardhind1972 View Post
    Great new pick up, amazing colour
    , be interesting to watch her develop on the thread, cool how there's still a few scales around the nose mouth and nostrils, suppose still for some protection

Agreed. They need some scales - mouth, belly, nose, etc. to protect the soft skin and the belly scales to allow movement. They move just like other corns because they do have belly scales. They would be helpless to move well without them.
  • 06-07-2018, 10:57 AM
    Sonny1318
    Incredible, congratulations and best of luck. Nice way to finish your collection......for now. Lmao, seriously way beautiful. Bet you can’t wait to get her.
  • 06-07-2018, 11:07 AM
    dakski
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonny1318 View Post
    Incredible, congratulations and best of luck. Nice way to finish your collection......for now. Lmao, seriously way beautiful. Bet you can’t wait to get her.

I cannot wait, but I need to. I am just glad I got her. I called immediately and put her on hold. Needless to say, other inquiries came in fast. I wasn't letting her get away.

Need to have time to devote to her and Katie has a friend staying with us today through the 19th. It's going to be crazy as I am still working. Don was happy to hold her for a few weeks. It's probably for the best.

Also need to:

1. Set up a 10G or so Quarantine Tank.

2. Get it dialed in.

3. Get F/T pinkies - nothing I have eats less than large/jumbo mice

4. Make sure I have tiny tiny hides and a small water bowl.

I want everything to be ready when she gets her. Not taking any risks.

Regarding the collection, it's complete.

I have every animal I've realistically wanted and it's a diverse collection.

0.1 - Albino Spider BP: Shayna - Have wanted an albino BP since I was a kid - and she is awesome.

0.1 - Ghost BCI: Behira - Amazing animal; beautiful and brave and docile.

1.0 - Hypo Lavender Corn: Figment - Beautiful, amazing temperament, and eats like a champ

0.0.1 - Northern Blue Tongue Skink: Frank - Awesome animal - amazing personality.

0.3 - Leopard Geckos, all different and beautiful morphs - Different personalities, but all fun and easy and pretty animals.

0.1 - SCALELESS Sunglow Motley Corn - Can't wait!!!!!!!!

Looks like a good collection to me!
  • 06-07-2018, 11:31 AM
    AnnieHeart
    You must be one very excited owner!!:)
  • 06-07-2018, 11:40 AM
    tttaylorrr
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh she's beautiful!!! congrats! what an amazing animal. i can't wait to watch her grow!!! :love:
  • 06-07-2018, 12:46 PM
    Sonny1318
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dakski View Post
    I cannot wait, but I need to. I am just glad I got her. I called immediately and put her on hold. Needless to say, other inquiries came in fast. I wasn't letting her get away.

Need to have time to devote to her and Katie has a friend staying with us today through the 19th. It's going to be crazy as I am still working. Don was happy to hold her for a few weeks. It's probably for the best.

Also need to:

1. Set up a 10G or so Quarantine Tank.

2. Get it dialed in.

3. Get F/T pinkies - nothing I have eats less than large/jumbo mice

I want everything to be ready when she gets her. Not taking any risks.

Regarding the collection, it's complete.

I have every animal I've realistically wanted and it's a diverse collection.

0.1 - Albino Spider BP: Shayna - Have wanted an albino BP since I was a kid - and she is awesome.

0.1 - Ghost BCI: Behira - Amazing animal; beautiful and brave and docile.

1.0 - Hypo Lavender Corn: Figment - Beautiful, amazing temperament, and eats like a champ

0.0.1 - Northern Blue Tongue Skink: Frank - Awesome animal - amazing personality.

0.3 - Leopard Geckos, all different and beautiful morphs - Different personalities, but all fun and easy and pretty animals.

0.1 - SCALELESS Sunglow Motley Corn - Can't wait!!!!!!!!

Looks like a good collection to me!

Looks like a Great collection for anybody, that’s one sweet collection you got going there. Three really gorgeous snakes, an Albino Spider, a Ghost Boa and a scaleless Sunglow Motley. Plus a Northern Blue Tounge Skink and Leopard Geckos. Sounds like a slice of Heaven to me! And it’s always great to be prepared, God speed can’t wait to see you post some pics of your lastest acquisition from your home.
  • 06-07-2018, 12:55 PM
    AbsoluteApril
    While I'm not a fan of these, I do understand it's one of your dream snakes and I'm really happy for you, it is super exciting to get something you've wanted for so long!
    Don is a great guy, I've bought corns from him in the past.

Quote:

Something cheap and easy and what i did for baby corns - get a toilet paper core, cut it in half lengthwise. Ta-da, instant tiny hide that is free and easily disposable when soiled.
    They'll outgrow tiny hides pretty fast so I wouldn't waste your money on buying some. Also for an easy small water bowl, I use ramekins.

Good luck with your new little one!
  • 06-07-2018, 01:46 PM
    Prognathodon
    Man, she’s BRIGHT!

I like April’s TP tube hide suggestion, there’s always more to be had until she outgrows them. :)

I think we have one enclosure that I’d be willing to put a baby corn in, and would probably still worry about escapes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
  • 06-07-2018, 03:55 PM
    mlededee
    Should have put a sunglasses needed warning in the title! She is stunning! :sunny:
  • 06-07-2018, 05:43 PM
    Stewart_Reptiles
    I don't envy people often but I do envy you right now, it's a gorgeous animal.
  • 06-07-2018, 05:53 PM
    Bogertophis
    Free & easy 'hides': I tend to use the cardboard rolls that paper towels are on, rather than the cardboard rolls from toilet paper...mostly because they say
    that there's a certain amount of water "spray" in the air from every time a toilet is flushed...so I consider those to be potentially contaminated. But yes,
    baby snakes LOVE hiding in cardboard tubes, especially if you pinch one end closed for their privacy. When they get dirty, toss & replace...EASY.

Your snake is gorgeous, though I have to admit that I prefer snakes with scales. Just old fashioned I guess?
  • 06-07-2018, 08:30 PM
    dakski
    Quote:

Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
    While I'm not a fan of these, I do understand it's one of your dream snakes and I'm really happy for you, it is super exciting to get something you've wanted for so long!
    Don is a great guy, I've bought corns from him in the past.

Something cheap and easy and what i did for baby corns - get a toilet paper core, cut it in half lengthwise. Ta-da, instant tiny hide that is free and easily disposable when soiled.
    They'll outgrow tiny hides pretty fast so I wouldn't waste your money on buying some. Also for an easy small water bowl, I use ramekins.

Good luck with your new little one!

Thank you! I had a great experience with Don. He's a class act.

I understand you hesitancy and respect that. I was fascinated with them because of the coloration/patterning, etc. However, I don't look at it differently than any other crazy morph. Albino BP's wouldn't make in the wild, but they are bred for captivity.

Then I held Vin Russo's male breeder at the White Plains NY expo. I was blown away. So unique and different.

I also like that the genes allow for/have scales for protection around the mouth and nose and belly scales for movement. Without the belly scales, I do not think it would fair to the animal. And, of course, for safety for a scaleless animal, as well as my protocol, I will feed F/T (which is all Solana knows from birth anyway).

Definitely a dream snake for me. My collection is complete.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prognathodon View Post
    Man, she’s BRIGHT!

I like April’s TP tube hide suggestion, there’s always more to be had until she outgrows them. :)

I think we have one enclosure that I’d be willing to put a baby corn in, and would probably still worry about escapes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah, I cannot wait to see her in person - shockingly bright.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlededee View Post
    Should have put a sunglasses needed warning in the title! She is stunning! :sunny:

LOL :). I'll know for next time!

She is amazing, and again, I cannot wait to see her in person!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    I don't envy people often but I do envy you right now, it's a gorgeous animal.

WOW Deborah! Thank you. For what it's worth, I envy you too. You have so many amazing snakes, and are apparently pretty bad aXX too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    Free & easy 'hides': I tend to use the cardboard rolls that paper towels are on, rather than the cardboard rolls from toilet paper...mostly because they say
    that there's a certain amount of water "spray" in the air from every time a toilet is flushed...so I consider those to be potentially contaminated. But yes,
    baby snakes LOVE hiding in cardboard tubes, especially if you pinch one end closed for their privacy. When they get dirty, toss & replace...EASY.

Your snake is gorgeous, though I have to admit that I prefer snakes with scales. Just old fashioned I guess?

Thank you! I thought about the old fashioned/natural end as well. When I haven't been crazy with any of my other animals. Cool Leopard Geckos morphs, but Frank the BTS is a normal (although an awesome example). Shayna (the BP) is an Albino Spider, but I have wanted in Albino BP since 1990 when they started breeding them for crazy money. Behira, the Ghost BCI, is beautiful, again, not a crazy or crazy expensive morph. And Figment, the hypo lavender corn, is also beautiful, but is an old morph and was cheap.

I just find something incredible about the scaleless and for my last snake, wanted something dramatic and different. Solana is supposed to have a great personality as well, so I think she will be a big hit here!
  • 06-07-2018, 08:32 PM
    dakski
    Another picture. Here is Solana with her brothers and sisters.

Her brother is also scaleless and motley and red, but has brown eyes, and supposedly, his color will not hold up as well.

[IMG]https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...om/bc5v39V.jpg[/IMG]
  • 06-07-2018, 08:45 PM
    AbsoluteApril
    Here's an adult sunglow motley girl I used to have (was also produced by Don), your baby looks like she'll be so bright in comparison:

https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...ivux3TE2nx.jpg

https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...idckElBw38.jpg

Good luck with your girl!
  • 06-09-2018, 07:30 PM
    Charis
    Congrats! I think I saw her on The Reptile Report. She is very well named!
  • 06-11-2018, 03:19 PM
    dakski
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Charis View Post
    Congrats! I think I saw her on The Reptile Report. She is very well named!

After you wrote this, I checked it out! Awesome. Front page that day! Pretty cool.
  • 06-11-2018, 03:38 PM
    dakski
    Solana's tank is setup. The tank I have is 21" Long X 12" Wide X11" high. It is tight! All acrylic with wire mesh at the top for lights/heat, etc. No way she's escaping this! I used to keep Figment in a 40 Gallon version until we got the Boaphile tanks. I also used that tank to Quarantine Behira for 3 months. The guys who makes them (http://reptile-enclosure.com), is in CT, where I live, and had the 14G model (the one in the picture below and measurements above) in stock. I drove down and picked it up.

I am using a 60W CHE on top for ambient/cool temps and a small UTH on the back left for belly heat.

Both are on dimmers to avoid them getting too hot and both are running off a Herpstat EZ2. I wanted a good thermostat that I can trust and has a safety shutoff, but I already have thermostats for the 3X2' Boaphile she will eventually go in. So I didn't want to go crazy and get a $400 thermostat.

I plan to keep her in here for 3 months minimum for quarantine and then move her, if big enough, into the 3X2 foot Boaphile. I assume she will need to be 25-40G (she's now 8G) to move into that, minimum. So, I'll keep here in this until it's time to move her. I have had good experience with corns in larger enclosures, as long as there are a lot of hides and water dishes, etc. I'll play that all by ear.

Note, I took the pictures while I was just starting to dial in the heat sources. I already have the CHE dialed in - 86F on the thermostat keeps it 78-79F below it and 75F on the cool side. Perfect. The UTH will keep the hot spot 84-86F.

Solana is due to come on the 6-28-18, as Katie didn't want me to set up the tank until her friend leaves (staying with us until the 19th and the next week is crazy). However, we were planning on getting another stand and cluttering the reptile area which she did not want to deal with, at least while having a guest. I have a table in there already where I keep my thermostat controls for the boaphile tanks, but it has two levels. I moved most of them to the lower level and had room to put this tank on top. In other words, no more clutter or space taken up.

Katie will either be really happy with this solution, or be really mad because she told me to wait. Either way, I wanted to make sure the thermostat worked and I could easily dial in the temps, etc. If I have to take it down until a little before Solana comes, so be it.

I'll advise on that. I'll also advise if she's happy and we can have Solana shipped sooner. Doubtful, but would be cool. She's ready to go.

Anyway, picture time.

Two notes: I quarantine in the same room as the other reptiles. However, I use different tongs, bowls, hides, etc. and always handle, clean, feed, touch the quarantine tank last and do not go back to the other tanks. I understand some people keep tanks for quarantine in other rooms, but I do not have the space for that. She will be in the finished basement with everyone else. Additionally, I bought her from Don Soderberg at South Mountain Reptiles, one of the top corn breeders in the world. I am assuming/hoping she's in good health. So, I know it's not a perfect quarantine, but I will stick to my rules and be careful, careful, careful.

Secondly, there is no way to place the probe for the CHE in the tank. Therefore, I have it secured to the wire mesh and placed under the CHE. Not the best solution, but between the dimmer and the thermostat (set to 86F and keeping it 78F below), it should work. For the record, the UTH heating probe is between the UTH and the tank.

[IMG]https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...om/9DvpZIy.jpg[/IMG]
  • 06-11-2018, 04:36 PM
    dakski
    Quick update:

Katie laughed at my lack of listening skills, but was pleased with the solution, tank setup, and placement of the tank.

Don is out Field Herping but plans to be back at the facility next week.

Solana is tentatively scheduled to ship 6-20-18 and to be received by us Thursday, 6-21-18. If that changes, I will advise, otherwise, I will be anxiously waiting, especially that Thursday morning!

I'll keep everyone up to date.

Additionally, the tank is totally dialed in now.

UTH - back left corner = 85F average (hottest is 86F and coolest is 83F).

Ambient temp = 77F

Cool side (right side and front left) = 75F.

We are ready for liftoff!
  • 06-14-2018, 12:09 PM
    dakski
    Okay, Solana is due to arrive one week from today (Thursday, 6-21-18). I am already sooooooooo excited. The tank is dialed in perfectly and I've run it for a few days and the thermostat is working great.

Now, we wait........................................

Oh, this is the worst part!

My Boaphile setup is full now, and my time devoted to the reptiles is at its max for me to still spend time with everyone. I like to take each animal out every 2-3 days. I enjoy spending time with them and I like docile animals that are used to being handled. No, I don't take them out everyday. Yes, I let the snakes digest 2 days before taking them out, etc.

So, all that equals no more animals for a long time. On one hand I am sad, but on the other, I am incredibly happy with the animals I have. They are all beautiful, healthy, and docile. I couldn't ask for more. I also feel my collection is complete. I have all the types of reptiles I want and all the morphs I want.

The point is, this is the last time I am getting up early to receive a new baby for a long, long, time. Makes me a little sad.

However, overall, I am ecstatic. Solana seems like an awesome snake and she will be a great addition to our family.

Can't wait! Can't wait!
  • 06-14-2018, 12:21 PM
    tttaylorrr
    Quote:

Now, we wait........................................

https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...41/298/448.jpg
  • 06-18-2018, 12:25 PM
    dakski
    Solana ships in two days and arrives early on Thursday morning!

It's getting sooooooooo close! So much excitement.

Alas, I must wait patiently!
  • 06-18-2018, 02:25 PM
    richardhind1972
    So exciting, my two new ones arnt being shipped till the 7th, everything ready for them now

• 06-18-2018, 03:43 PM
    dakski
    Quote:

So exciting, my two new ones arnt being shipped till the 7th, everything ready for them now

Nice! What are you getting?
  • 06-18-2018, 03:49 PM
    richardhind1972
    Hypo boas both 100%het for albino and 100% het for berry blood x, to make some sundragons and red dragons, can’t wait

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
  • 06-18-2018, 03:50 PM
    dakski
    Quote:

Hypo boas both 100%het for albino and 100% het for berry blood x, to make some sundragons and red dragons, can’t wait

Sweet!

You will have to post pictures......in your own thread :).

Good luck with the new ones!
  • 06-18-2018, 03:54 PM
    richardhind1972
    Solana - Our Scaleless Sunglow Motley Corn
    I will do when I eventually get them , can’t wait to see you progression thread on solana your new scaleless looks so cool

• 06-20-2018, 06:08 PM
    dakski
    Solana just shipped a little while ago.

I am picking her up at Fedex near my house in the morning. Due by 10:30AM, but I will be checking tracking from 9AM when they open. I do not want her sitting long.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED!

I will of course post, with pictures, once she arrives!

Cannot wait. She's going to be awesome!
  • 06-20-2018, 06:50 PM
    Team Slytherin
    I just realized I’ve creeped on this thread, but haven’t told you how STUNNING this animal is!! Seriously. You found a unicorn.
  • 06-20-2018, 08:36 PM
    dakski
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Team Slytherin View Post
    I just realized I’ve creeped on this thread, but haven’t told you how STUNNING this animal is!! Seriously. You found a unicorn.

Thank you Team Slytherin!

I think she is a unicorn! Her brother looks similar, but doesn't have the red factor gene prominent (although I believe he is het for it). He won't be quite as bright and doesn't have the red eyes. Don Soderberg at South Mountain Reptiles is keeping him.

Don said he bred the parents for three years and this is the first year he got a scaleless sunglow motley. He, obviously, got two, Solana, and her brother.

He believes she was the only one for sale in the world. Not even sure if any others exist right now. I imagine, with time, there will be more, but the timing was right for me to get her now.

I believe he said the odds of getting her were 1/32. She visually hits on 4 recessive traits! Sunglow, red factor, scaleless, and motley. WOW!

Additionally, she is totally docile and calm from out of the egg. I know 99% of corns calm down as they get a little bigger and realize you aren't going to eat them. However, Don says she's already a sweetheart and shows no signs of defensiveness. Figment was the same way when I got him at 9G - sweetie to this day.

I think she's amazing and cannot wait to see her in person tomorrow and watch her grow. I will keep everyone posted with updates and pictures (probably more than you all want :)).
  • 06-21-2018, 10:08 AM
    dakski
    She's here! I got the message from Fedex that she came in at 8AM, but the Fedex location doesn't open until 9AM. Needless to say, I was the first one there and through the door at 9AM!

Got her home and she is safe and sound and gorgeous. Don sent an autographed copy of his book as well (per my request). I could not have had a better experience with him and South Mountain Reptiles - review coming soon.

I have some pictures below without flash - didn't want to scare her. She is so rich and colorful. I though Katie's blue eyes were the end of me, but she may have competition :). Also, as advertised, a total sweetie. Very calm and deliberate in her actions. No tail rattling, hissing, etc. She let me pick her right up and curled around my fingers. She's tiny!

Hard to believe she's going to be Figment's size!

Without further ado, please welcome Solana to the family.

[IMG]https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...om/LgMwhlQ.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...om/LzPUrtI.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...om/rRRn4XX.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...om/aoo1sEj.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...om/mneYDJX.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...om/5GQBcqA.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...om/K82guPQ.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...om/x1UzjfO.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...om/iohAA5U.jpg[/IMG]
  • 06-21-2018, 11:12 AM
    richardhind1972
    I bet you didn't sleep much last night being super excited
    very nice indeed, man she's so tiny I love the yellow spots down her back, congratulations on that little stunner

• 06-21-2018, 12:11 PM
    tttaylorrr
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! welcome home, Solana!!! she us gorgeous, and sooo smol!!! congrats, congrats, congrats!
  • 06-21-2018, 01:43 PM
    dakski
    Quote:

I bet you didn't sleep much last night being super excited
    very nice indeed, man she's so tiny I love the yellow spots down her back, congratulations on that little stunner

Actually, I didn't feel well last night as was asleep by 10PM! However, I woke up at 4AM, 5AM, etc. When I got the email at 8AM that she had arrived, it was a long hour until they opened at 9AM.

Today is my 2nd anniversary with Katie and she was my present from Katie (I got to pick my present so Katie got to pick hers.....from the jewelry store - I guess opposites attract; she wanted diamonds, I wanted a scaleless corn). Katie and I had some cuddle time together and with the 5 pooches before she left for work and left to get Solana. That helped pass the time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tttaylorrr View Post
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! welcome home, Solana!!! she us gorgeous, and sooo smol!!! congrats, congrats, congrats!

Thank you Tttaylorrr! She is so amazing and beautiful. In person she blows my mind. Eye candy! Yes, tiny, tiny, tiny! Figment was that size too when I got him. About 9G. Look how he grew - she will get there too. She is even calmer than Figgy was at that size. Very chill and docile. She will be a great adult corn, just like her brother.
  • 06-21-2018, 01:50 PM
    dakski
    Solana has been exploring. She has been in all 3 hides and found her water bowl. She's currently curled up in her warm hide.

In case anyone doubts that these little guys and gals can get anywhere and out of anything, see below. Very important to have an escape proof tank!!!!!

[IMG]https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...om/SxRxBiC.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...om/L1cfLD2.jpg[/IMG]
  • 06-21-2018, 02:46 PM
    richardhind1972
    Congratulations on the anniversary there's a lot that don't make it that far

Wow that could of been an expensive escapee,so cute

• 06-21-2018, 02:54 PM
    Phillydubs
    B
    e
    a
    u
    t
    i
    f
    u
    l

i saw her first ;)!!!
  • 06-21-2018, 03:11 PM
    dakski
    Quote:

Yeah expensive and irreplaceable! She’s the only one!

Plus, I already love her. I am not losing her!
  • 06-21-2018, 05:27 PM
    dakski
    Quote:

Richardhind1972,

I forgot to say thank you for the kind wishes.

To be clear, it's been two years since we started dating, about a year since we moved in together, and 9 months to the day we got engaged.

We are doing great and going strong. I hope this relationship is my last and lasts a lifetime. Katie is a keeper and feels the same way about me. We are best friends and great partners.

I wish that for everyone. I am incredibly grateful to have her!
  • 06-21-2018, 05:28 PM
    tttaylorrr
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Phillydubs View Post
    B
    e
    a
    u
    t
    i
    f
    u
    l

i saw her first ;)!!!

HOW RUDE!!! i'm jelly!
  • 06-21-2018, 05:34 PM
    dakski
    Quote:

HOW RUDE!!! i'm jelly!

In his defense, Phillydubs asked if he could FaceTime with me when I opened the box.

No one else asked!

I am happy to keep posting pictures and share video etc. Solana is awesome. Katie is home in 20 minutes and is going to meet her for the first time! I can't wait!
  • 06-21-2018, 05:38 PM
    tttaylorrr
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Phillydubs View Post
    B
    e
    a
    u
    t
    i
    f
    u
    l

i saw her first ;)!!!

Quote:

HOW RUDE!!! i'm jelly!

Quote:

In his defense, Phillydubs asked if he could FaceTime with me when I opened the box.

No one else asked!

I am happy to keep posting pictures and share video etc. Solana is awesome. Katie is home in 20 minutes and is going to meet her for the first time! I can't wait!

Philly is the rude one then! trying to get some sneak peeks before the rest of us :P ;)
  • 06-21-2018, 06:40 PM
    dakski
    Katie adores her! She thinks she is teeny weeny, but adorable.

Of course, when we went to pick her up, she rattled her tail and went into striking position! TOTAL BLUFF! I picked her right up and she chilled out immediately. Thank G-D, Katie thought her bluff was adorable.

Katie wanted to meet her and hold her, and now I'll leave her alone for a bit and offer food Sunday night. Katie says she "loves" her! Awesome! We all thinks she's incredible. Katie held her for ten minutes and I said we don't want to over stress her, let's put her back. Took some convincing to get her back from Katie.

I couldn't be happier with either Solana, or Katie. What a great anniversary present!

[IMG]https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...om/Zjn3jfl.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...om/rMiubsn.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...om/Zu0mRL4.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...om/nueNuCf.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...om/i96nxe2.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...om/uNRbPIG.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...om/Kee8iiE.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...om/MuvttyF.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...om/17tVp8I.jpg[/IMG]
  • 06-22-2018, 06:08 AM
    C.Marie
    What a adorable wee little babe, great pictures :gj: thank you ever so much for sharing :D
  • 06-23-2018, 08:54 PM
    dakski
    I've left Solana alone since Thursday evening when she met Katie (today is Saturday). Tonight I was planning to do the same and just check temps. I will offer a tiny pinkie tomorrow to get her eating for us ((then plan on a slightly larger one next week - 7 days from now - and then normal size pinkie (for her size ) in two weeks)). After that I will feed closer to the Munson Chart and offer every 4-5 days for a while once I know she's happy and digesting well.

I lifted the cool hide (thinking she was in the warm hide) to check the temp with the temp gun, and there she was. She was chill as can be and just looked at me. No tail rattling, no striking pose bluffing, and no running away. I reached over and gently picked her up with no fan fare or objection from her. She is really settling in nicely and quickly. I held her for a minute and took two pictures (see below) and then put her right back.

I will offer food tomorrow as mentioned and then leave her alone for two full days to digest before beginning short handling sessions to get her used to me and Katie. Somehow I do not think that is going to take long.

By the way, I sent Katie a picture of Solana from today (she's spending tonight and tomorrow at a bachelorette party). I had asked her to leave her alone yesterday and let her settle in.

Her response: "Grrrrr. You told me not to touch her!" I think those two are going to get along great!

I'll continue to keep everyone up to date!

[IMG]https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...om/d0ZAYRQ.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...om/gIRw6Q5.jpg[/IMG]
  • 06-24-2018, 11:02 PM
    dakski
    I had ordered a bag of 2-3G pinkies for Solana, but Don said feed her tiny meals to start (first 2-3 feedings).

I went to my buddy at the local reptile shop (he's also a breeder of various reptiles) and got the smallest F/T pinkies he had (3 of them). I mean, hours old. I took the smallest one of those (even the smallest 2-3G pinkies looked too big for Solana right now at 8G) and offered it to her tonight.

I put it in front of her warm hide door ((where she had been ten minutes earlier - peaking out and looking for food (picture below)). I watched for ten minutes and nothing.

I walked away for five minutes, came back, and there was no sign of the pinkie!

I am pretty sure Solana just ate her first meal with us!!!!!

I am super excited!

She really seems to be settling in nicely and quickly.

Ten minutes before the lights went out and I offered food. "Feed me Dad!"

[IMG]https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...om/IElW48G.jpg[/IMG]