Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,046

0 members and 2,046 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,393
Threads: 248,764
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, bananas_momma
  • 06-24-2011, 10:50 AM
    J.Coils
    what other animals do you keep?
    in addition to bp's i keep cichlids(african and south american) and "monster" fish
  • 06-24-2011, 10:57 AM
    geckobabies
    Fun thread! I also have kept cichlids, saltwater fish, ferrets, rats, mice, dogs, cat and a bf or two =)
  • 06-24-2011, 11:02 AM
    gold217
    I plan on breeding ball pythons once I save up some $, and even renting a table at my local reptile show. And right now I'm looking into a Red Blood python, RTB, and a bearded dragon.
  • 06-24-2011, 11:07 AM
    J.Coils
    Re: what other animals do you keep?
    animals i've had..birds,dogs,a couple cats,rats,hamsters,two ferrets,a savanha monitor, frogs,iguana,anoles..sheesh..my parents were very supportive of my love for animals from a very early age.
  • 06-24-2011, 11:11 AM
    gold217
    Quote:

Originally Posted by J.Coils View Post
    animals i've had..birds,dogs,a couple cats,rats,hamsters,two ferrets,a savanha monitor, frogs,iguana,anoles..sheesh..my parents were very supportive of my love for animals from a very early age.

same here! Hermit crabs, birds, dog, long-tail lizard, snake, gerbils, frog, fish.
  • 06-24-2011, 11:13 AM
    Alexandra V
    I have cats, ferrets and a bird now, apart from my snakes and tarantulas (and I'm also babysitting a gold fish lol be she doesn't count). In the past I've had mice, dwarf hamsters, a rabbit, and a couple wild caught toads that I found in my backyard when I was about 5 :P
  • 06-24-2011, 11:14 AM
    Inknsteel
    I currently have one bp, a hypo/hog island boa, a dog, two cats, 9 fish and 2 rats... The rats were feeders that my bp refused. One was a male, one was a female, so I set them up together hoping to produce a little stockpile of feeders for the boa...
  • 06-24-2011, 11:17 AM
    Kinra
    Outside of reptiles I have a dog, a cat and a beta fish I keep in my office.

In terms of reptiles I have my BPs, a RTB and 2 crested geckos. My mom calls my apartment a zoo. :P

I want to get a blood python, KSB, carpet python, a leopard gecko or 2, a GTP and the list goes on. I'm addicted to reptiles. :P
  • 06-24-2011, 02:29 PM
    J.Coils
    aqautic turtles..i forgot to mention turtles
  • 06-24-2011, 02:33 PM
    Rhasputin
    I keep rats, mice, African soft furred rats, spiny mice, and quail. :D
    All for breeding! Well, the quail are breeding and laying yummy eggs. ;)

I also have 2 dogs, 3 cats, a fish tank with leaf fish and rainbow fish and a rhino pleco (to name some), a savanah monitor, and a short tailed opossum!
  • 06-24-2011, 03:44 PM
    CatandDiallo
    In addition to my ball and hognose, I have beta fish (have has multiple ones over the years), and a crazy kitty boy. He's HUGE, and it's not because he's fat. He's an 18 pound large, very long boy, but not fat! When ever I see other people's cats I think they're tiny, but then I remember my cat is just a beast. He keeps us laughing most of the time.
  • 06-25-2011, 01:34 AM
    Loki1108
    Heres me

Dogs, cats, bunnies, rats (not for snake food), hamsters, guinea pigs, uhh... aquatic frogs, turtles, fish... the bunnies we had 5 at once, with 3 guinea pigs, before that were the hamsters, 4 of them, after/ during the bunnies we had 4 rats...

Dad was fine with anything fuzzy :P but if it had scales and didn't swim... :colbert: pet we had longest was our Dalmatian, Jewel, who lived to be about 13 1/2.

oh and currently a Ball python, a maltese, and a mix breed Cat (siamese and grey tabby we're told, he's solid black...)
  • 08-14-2011, 03:05 PM
    AK907
    We currently keep various ball pythons, corn snakes, amazon tree boas, Candoia carinata-carinatas, a carpet python, a rose hair tarantula, both haired and hairless rats and a couple mice.

My wife wants a prairie dog, so we might be getting one of them soon. Been doing a lot of research lately on them.

Other than that we've have also kept at one point or another, cats, dogs, hamsters, gerbils, skinks, uromastyx, beardies, anoles, leos, cresteds, chinese water dragons, countless other snake species including a few hots and a plethora of fish (mostly South American cichlids, I miss our Oscars!).
  • 08-14-2011, 03:22 PM
    Cendalla
    I have a few...

Three foundation quarter horse mares (Cruz, Diamond, and Butters)
    One Blue and Gold Macaw (Asia) 0.1
    One Blue Headed Pionus 0.1
    One Bombay Cat (Jaco) 1.0
    One Beta Fish (Mr. Pygmy Puff Esq.) 1.0
    One Majave Ball Python (Zapp) 1.0
    One Pastel Lesser Ball Python ~picking up on the 5th~ (Maka) 0.1
    One Dumeril's Boa (Leela) 0.1
    One Avicularia Versicolor ~On its way here~ 0.0.1

Does the husband and kid count?

We are a Navy family and have to move a lot. My parents have about 20 acres and keep the horses for me with theirs. Bless them because I can't part with my girls.
  • 08-14-2011, 03:22 PM
    Munizfire
    Currently 2 female Shih-tzus and 1 female Persian cat.. all of them are lovely :D

Besides that, I have had a s***load of cats, a few birds, bunnies, 1 hermit crab, fishies, Guinea pigs... and I cant really remember anything else
  • 08-14-2011, 03:36 PM
    deto360
    I got my Rotti sasha my bps a few leos. 2 kids. I have had iguanas when I was a youngin and a few fish
  • 08-14-2011, 03:47 PM
    BoaFreak
    We have 15 balls and 8 lesser eggs incubating. 2 Boas, 3 bearded dragons, a rose breasted cockatoo, and a 4 pound yorkie.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  • 08-14-2011, 03:56 PM
    Michelle.C
    Heh, it's a bit of a zoo here. :D

2.6 Adult Rough Coat Collies (like Lassie)
    0.1 Tortie Cat (Rescue)
    12.40 Rats, number doesn't include young or new possible holdbacks. It is approximate.
    0.0.1 Maui Sunset Macaw

Invertebrates including Tarantulas, Halloween Crabs and a few species of Roaches.

1.2 Ball Pythons
    0.1 Coastal Tiger Jaguar Carpet Python
    0.1 Sumatran Blood Python
    0.1 Asian Blue Beauty Rat Snake
    0.1 Sunglow Bci
    1.0 Hog Island Boa
    1.0 Western Hognose
    0.0.1 Green Tree Python
    0.1 Pastel Bci
    1.0 Tiger Reticulated Python

0.0.3 Mangrove Monitors
    0.1 Argentine Black and White Tegu
    0.1 Citrus Bearded Dragon
    1.1 Raptor and Het.Raptor Leopard Geckos
  • 08-14-2011, 05:34 PM
    Homegrownscales
    Oh it's a zoo here!!!
    60 something balls. Babies and breeders
    30 something Tokay Geckos babies and breeders
    2.6 beardies and over 150 babies
    4.12 cresteds and 20 something babies
    1.1 grandis day geckos 4 babies
    4.10 leopard geckos 12 babies

1.1 bloody parrot fish they're giants!
    .1 jellybean parrot fish
    1.2 ferrets god bless their little hearts
    2 really big jerk cats
    1 am pittbull zeus mommys baby

A bizzillion rats, and mice to feed all the snakes
    And two giant insect keepers of crickets and roaches to feed everyone else.

see it's s zoo. I'm amazed sometimes I can keep up.

Check out what's new on my website... www.Homegrownscales.com
  • 08-14-2011, 05:48 PM
    deto360
    I forgot zues my beardie he is 1 of my 2 reptiles with a name
  • 08-14-2011, 07:24 PM
    Reznor
    I keep...

5.4 Crested Geckos
    1.0 Normal/Het Albino Ball Python
    2.3 Satanic Leaf Tail Geckos (Shared with mum)
    1.0 Red Tail Boa (Shared with mum)
    0.0.1 Gray's Tree Frog
    0.1 Cobalt Blue Tarantula (Shared with mum)
    1.0 Versicolor Tarantula (Shared with mum)
    0.1 Russian Dwarf Hamster
    0.1 Cat
    0.1 Blue and Gold Macaw (Mum's)
    1.1 Cockateals (Mum's)
    1.1 Blue Finches (Mum's)
    3.0 Beta Fish (Two are mum's, one is mine)
  • 08-14-2011, 08:31 PM
    Redneck_Crow
    I've got this guy. He's not snake food, he's a short tailed opossum.

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n...rMiriam003.jpg
    http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n...umscale005.jpg
  • 08-19-2011, 01:46 AM
    EverEvolvingExotics
    I have a cat, bearded dragon, ball pythons, a african dwarf frog, a betta, crested geckos...and that's it for now. I will have a green tree python pair one day. I came so close to getting a female at the San Diego show this last June...
  • 08-19-2011, 08:21 AM
    aldebono
    Right now I have in the city I live in...

1 hog island
    1 desert king snake
    13 ball pythons
    2 dogs
    1 horse
    1 Virginia Opossum
    5 crested geckos
    4 bearded dragons
    17 poison dart frogs...

1 betta!'

At home, add 3 more horses and 2 cows.
  • 08-19-2011, 10:23 AM
    Shadows Valkyrie
    I don't own these animals, they own me :P 2 Blue & Gold Macaws, Scootchie & Lady Byrd. 2 Ferrets, Mischief & Mayhem. 2 cats, Piggy & Bailey. 1 mutt, Maddie Mae. 2 fancy rats, Obi and Vader. 1 Lineolated Parrot, Monkey. 2 Ball Pythons, Onyxia & Sorcha. A dozen ASF's for breeding food... and slew of breeder mice, again for snake food... African Cichilds....I think I covered them all! LOL

In the past year I have re-homed an adult female Iguana, 4 Parrotlets, a Senegal Parrot, a Mulga Keet and a Bearded Dragon. I, like so many others, have come to find ball pythons are addicting! Had to make room for more :D I used to take in exotics as rescues. No longer doing so...at least I don't "intend" to ;)
  • 08-19-2011, 10:31 AM
    oliverstwist
    The snakes and then a breeding trio of hedgehogs, an African grey and a cat
  • 08-19-2011, 11:09 AM
    Sarin
    Right now just Ball Pythons, a Bredli Python, some Crested Geckos, a Rottweiler, and some Laying Hens!
  • 08-30-2011, 07:40 AM
    wytchling
    I live with my parents at the moment, and take care of most of their animals, so theirs + mine=

8.5 Dogs
    1.2 Cats
    1.1 Goats
    0.1 Horse (40 years old this year)
    0.0.1 Cichlid
    1.0 Normal Ball Python
    2.0 Guinea Pigs

It's a menagerie for sure. :D
  • 10-27-2011, 02:37 AM
    Melody
    wow where to start lol okay, i got dogs, cats, a ferret, sugar gliders, mice, rats, leopard geckos, snakes and a monitor... and thats not even naming the past animals :rofl:
  • 10-27-2011, 02:51 AM
    decensored
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Melody View Post
    wow where to start lol okay, i got dogs, cats, a ferret, sugar gliders, mice, rats, leopard geckos, snakes and a monitor... and thats not even naming the past animals :rofl:

sugar gliders are so cool - I wish I had the time and energy to invest in a sugar glider project!

I only have kitties. :(
  • 10-31-2011, 07:31 PM
    Jay_Bunny
    In addition to the ball pythons, corn snakes, boa, king snake, and leopard gecko I also have

2.2 Cats (Ramman, Liam, Tyran, and Miki)
    2.1 Ferrets (Damien, Kale, and Twitch)
    0.1 Cockatiel (Sydney)
    1.0 Dachshund (Bailey)
    A 10g fish tank stocked with 1 3-4 inch goldfish (Yea, he needs a bigger tank pronto!) and 3 platy fish
  • 11-08-2011, 12:49 PM
    Plissken
    besides the 6 snakes, I also have 4 sugar gliders and my Lab x :)
  • 11-08-2011, 01:14 PM
    Misfit
    I personally just have balls and then my pet snake is an albino burm who is determined to eat me, but I love him anyway. <3 Little jerk has tagged me more than any of my other snakes, and I have a ball that tries every time. ;]

In my -house- though (as I live with others) we have a Siamese, two German short hairs, and a screaming high percentage wolfamute. (Malamute wolf x)

I'm planning on getting a pair of Electus parrots, but.. the whole having two bird-crazy hunting dogs puts a damper on that. ;] Though I have had both a western tanager and a black-headed grosbeak in my possession at different times. I rehab wildlife. Have to smuggle them past the dogs... so I don't rehab many birds! lol
  • 11-08-2011, 01:31 PM
    satomi325
    3 ferrets,1 rat (who lives with my feeder breeders), 5 bps.
    Back at my parent's house, I have a dog.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
  • 11-09-2011, 12:42 PM
    youbeyouibei
    I have six ball pythons, an EVIL corn snake, a black Lab something mix that tries to adopt/tend to the feeder rat pups and a Dwarf Hotot rabbit that's a hoot and a half to watch run around his pen. Pretty tame around our house but it seems like a zoo at feeding time, lol!
  • 11-09-2011, 08:46 PM
    evan385
    I have over one hundred chickens, sixteen geese, twelve ducks, four goats, two guinea fowl, some pheasants, a very large turkey (until thanksgiving), four dogs, three cats, two large fish tanks, one green cheek conure, three breeding rats, three medium feeder rats, and fifteen week old rat pups.
  • 11-09-2011, 10:50 PM
    Valentine Pirate
    Aside from the three ball pythons I have a pair of crested geckos, two goldfish (shubunkin and sarasa comet), and two dwarf african clawed frogs. In the rest of the house there's also two dogs, a cat, another ball python, and a hobo spider in an old nut container named Kirkland. Hoping to add a Dumerils to my collection or a Brazilian rainbow boa, but I'm falling in love with RTBs, and bloods, and ATBs... Some of those fat tail projects are lookin cool... list goes (infinitely) on :D
  • 01-05-2012, 03:29 AM
    AnOceanSpirit
    Interesting thread! I actually logged in to start one or find one just like it! It's interesting to see that the trend to be attracted to "odd" animals is not just limited to the serpent sphere in this group.

Aside from my BP, I currently live with (I don't own them, they own me):

.1 Wolf/Husky mix (Honey)
    .1 Beagle mix (Daisy, who showed up on the doorstep and is looking for a home)
    3.1 Horses (2 rare Caspians, 1 Quarter Horse, and 1 Paso Fino)

In the past I have had:

Mice, rats, gerbils, rabbits, snakes, fish, turtles, horses, crawfish, parakeets, ducks, chickens, a tarantula, dogs, and cats.
  • 01-05-2012, 10:13 AM
    JulieInNJ
    Neat thread!

1.2 cats (Nugget, Munchkin and Six)
    1.1 dogs (Sullivan and Boo)
    0.0.1 African dwarf frog (Frogger)
    0.0.2 Goldfish (The Vicious Fishes)
    1.1 rats (Sunny and Gilbert)

And the most difficult animals to take care of...
    1.0 child (Gabriel)
    1.0 boyfriend (Ron)
  • 01-07-2012, 01:27 PM
    TrueDatxD
    how long do crafish live!? this pic was in may 09. btw i have a crayfish ;)

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/...eDatxD/jsd.jpg
  • 01-07-2012, 03:11 PM
    satomi325
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueDatxD View Post
    how long do crafish live!? this pic was in may 09. btw i have a crayfish ;)

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/...eDatxD/jsd.jpg

Mine only lived for a year. I got her as an adult. She layed eggs and stopped eating.
  • 01-07-2012, 03:24 PM
    nikitajane25
    We have a basset hound, a blood hound, we foster dogs every so often, we have 2 cats, 3 bps. I've had rabbits, sugar gliders, turtles, hedgehogs, birds, iguanas (one that disappeared for 2 years and was found in our basement when I was young. Still alive, still healthy lol), other small lizards, and I think that's it. Lol:rolleye2:
  • 01-07-2012, 03:25 PM
    nikitajane25
    Oh fish, and lobsters, and hamsters too. I wat a skunk...husband says no =[ lol
  • 01-07-2012, 03:40 PM
    bubblz
    :D I want a skunk too, but they're one of the few animals that are illegal in Nevada :rolleyes: go figure. With all of the other animals we can have with or with out permits I guess we have to have some restrictions. But other than Bps I have dogs and Tegus.
  • 04-12-2012, 04:42 AM
    eatgoodfood
    Oh lets see.... Ive had rabbits, ferrets, a green cheeked conure, sugar gliders, a boxer that had an unfortunately short life, grew up with cats and am getting a scottish fold girl in a week or two, cant wait for her to be old enough to come home. I also have kept more different species of fish than I can remember, both saltwater and fresh. Cant wait to have a house so I can have a huge built in Reef, moving fish tanks from apartment to apartment just became too much work and they never returned to their origional beauty.
  • 04-13-2012, 12:08 AM
    dpal666
    we keep a few too many to list but....
    http://ball-pythons.net/forums/showt...the-collection

there's also the 2 cats, 1 rat , 2 mice, and we just took in 2.2 RTB's fostering till rehoming
  • 04-20-2012, 12:16 PM
    Melody
    Well jeez lets see..ive had MANY cats and dogs, ferrets,hamsters, mice, rats, geckos, multiple monitors, sugar gliders, all kinds of snakes, a community of fresh water fish, frogs, toads, birds and i wont even get into all the wild collected animals ive had lol Oh and today ill be puicking up a fire belly newt! :D
  • 04-20-2012, 12:21 PM
    JRSCB16A2
    I've had a chinchilla, scorpions, spiders, hedgehog, squirrels, cats, rats, mice, hamsters, raccoon, and others I'm sure, currently I have a ferret and two BP's.
  • 04-20-2012, 01:37 PM
    JTrott
    I have

1.1 boas
    1.1 Dogs(Boxers)
    1.1.2 Map Turtles
    0.0.2 Common Snapping Turtles
    Too many rats to count(feeder breeders)
    2.6 Guinea pigs(wifes supplemental income, breeders)
    10.40 Leopard Geckos
    5.75 Ball pythons
    0.0.1 Blackthroat monitor
    1.1 Box Turtles
    5 Tarantualas(p. Striata, GBB, 1.1 Chaco, p. rufilata,)
    0.3 Fat Tail Gecko
    1.1 Bearded Dragons(24 eggs)

Probably more, but can't remember without seeing them.
  • 04-20-2012, 01:42 PM
    Trochu