Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,448

4 members and 1,444 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,223
Threads: 248,635
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, mizmenabee
  • 07-08-2009, 02:51 PM
    mxrider42
    Fox News 9:45 Friday Morning
    I was contacted by Fox News to do an interview in the morning on Pythons. They said they are looking for someone to just talk about why they love snakes and how the legislation will affect them if it is passed. Wish me luck. I am nervous, but I love to talk about snakes so it should be pretty easy. It is only a 4 minute interview. They want me to bring one or two of my snakes.
    I am open to any suggestions or pointers on what to say.
    Thanks
    Trey
  • 07-08-2009, 02:58 PM
    mainbutter
    Re: Fox News 9:45 Friday Morning
    Bring an albino, they are always crowd-pleasers.
  • 07-08-2009, 03:03 PM
    Freakie_frog
    bring or borrow a pied..
  • 07-08-2009, 03:05 PM
    tonkatoyman
    Bring babies, less intimidating or juvinials. Pieds, albinos, spiders. Something easy to see on camera
  • 07-08-2009, 03:22 PM
    panthercz
    Dress appropriately, don't look like a scumbag.
    *Know what you are talking about!*
    Point out that snakes are not viscous killers and not all pythons get huge like 99% of people think they do.
    Watch what you say because they will edit it and twist everything you say. They will also play it, so it is completely out of context any chance they get.
  • 07-08-2009, 03:22 PM
    twistedtails
    I think you should really hit on the fact that, snakes, if kept and respected properly are just as safe if not safer than other animals. Snakes don't escape because they are masters at it (well some are) they get out mostly due to poor husbandry. Snakes that are well fed will most likely be on the heat digesting not roaming to find more food. Good luck...Oh yeah, no pressure. If for some odd reason after your interview we aren't allowed to have snakes anymore, I don't think we will blame it ALL on you....j/k:rofl:
  • 07-08-2009, 03:24 PM
    tonkatoyman
    Quote:

Originally Posted by panthercz View Post
    Watch what you say because they will edit it and twist everything you say. They will also play it, so it is completely out of context any chance they get.

I would agree normally but this is Fox news, they try to see it straight up.:D
  • 07-08-2009, 03:25 PM
    twistedtails
    Quote:

Originally Posted by panthercz View Post
    Dress appropriately, don't look like a scumbag.
    *Know what you are talking about!*
    Point out that snakes are not viscous killers and not all pythons get huge like 99% of people think they do.

They can't edit a live interview, and trust me if they do there is always another news channel out there that would love to burn the reputation of there competitors for doing it.
  • 07-08-2009, 03:26 PM
    twistedtails
    Also Fox new's slogan is, "We report, you decide." They are a neutral station.
  • 07-08-2009, 03:27 PM
    tonkatoyman
    Quote:

Originally Posted by twistedtails View Post
    I think you should really hit on the fact that, snakes, if kept and respected properly are just as safe if not safer than other animals.

Absolutely, the snake that killed the child was no different than an improperly kept dog. And remember this is the only captive reptile associated death we have heard of in years!!!!!:salute: