» Site Navigation
2 members and 1,317 guests
Most users ever online was 54,199, 06-29-2026 at 02:43 AM.
» Today's Birthdays
» Stats
Members: 76,141
Threads: 249,276
Posts: 2,573,135
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
|
-
Getting a Beardie
Hey,
My girlfriend and I are getting a 3 month old bearded dragon tonight, (I think that is jeuvinile - mind the spelling)
I just wanted a little advice about the whole set up we should be using.
From what we have gathered, we have an infrared light, a UVA/UVB Light, a 30gallon.
Were going to get repticarpet, a hide, a water dish, a food dish, and Calcium / D3 Supplements.
How often should we feed and what?
She is 3 months old.
-
Go with newspaper
Dont forget the endless supply of feeders!!
-
How often should a 3 month bearded dragon be fed crickets, and how many?
-
We have a 1.2 trio of beardies 8 months old. Ours eat about 30-40 crickets each twice a day. We also give them finely chopped greens and squash. At 3 months I would offer crickets and let them eat as many as they want. They will probably eat 20-30. Remember to not feed them anything bigger than the space between their eyes.
-
Re: Getting a Beardie
Feed the right sizrd crickets
But feed as many as they'll eat in 15 minutes twice a day along with fresh greens available at all times.
Id guess probably 20 crickets a day. I recently started a dubia roach colony simply because we spend so much on feeders for them.
I was shocked how much they'll eat and how nuch care they are compared to snakes, so be prepared!
Thata just my opinion
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrinLowe
How often should a 3 month bearded dragon be fed crickets, and how many?
-
-
hahah yeah!
I'll sell you mine hahah
-
They are eating and pooping factories. Good luck enjoy them they develop a personality and are great companions
-
for the time being we've decided against getting a bearded dragon.
The price for the beardie is good, but we cannot afford everything else we need. I do feel alot of regret about this. We may in the future..
For the time being I want to focus more on getting my ball pythons in tubs.
-
Probably smart
Not saying they are super expensive because it could be worse.....
But I truly wasnt expecting this amount of work, the amount of food, or that much poop, and boy does their poop STINK TERRIBLY!!
They are fun little things to watch I'll admit
|