Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,027

1 members and 2,026 guests
Asmo,
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,394
Threads: 248,764
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, 316 Pythons

Pit bull Pics

Printable View

• 11-15-2009, 03:04 AM
    Soterios
    Re: Pit bull Pics
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Nazt View Post

The odds of being struck by lightning are 1 in 600,000 in the USA. Comparatively speaking you are 6 times more likely to be struck by lightning than you are to be killed by a dog of any breed. When you further break down the odds of being attacked and killed by a Pit Bull the odds are in your favor -approximately 1 in 145,000,000. That’s million folks. In contrast, you are 4 times more likely to be killed by a cow in the USA than any breed of dog, much less a Pit Bull.

While the numbers look nice, people don't invite lightning to live in their home. A percentage based on pitbull owners or a more individualized population would be better.

That said, I think pitbull puppies are pretty well the cutest things with four legs.
  • 11-15-2009, 03:06 AM
    Haydenphoto
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Soterios View Post
    While the numbers look nice, people don't invite lightning to live in their home. A percentage based on pitbull owners or a more individualized population would be better.

That said, I think pitbull puppies are pretty well the cutest things with four legs.

Ok not sure of the point your trying to make ? Show me some facts on what your saying ?

So what i think your saying it's the owners who are at fault ? Yes we invite the pits to are homes. Way to many peeps look at these dogs in the wrong way please please open your eyes it's not the dog. IT'S THE OWNERS !
  • 11-15-2009, 03:12 AM
    Soterios
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Haydenphoto View Post
    Ok not sure of the point your trying to make ? Show me some facts on what your saying ?

Read more clearly please. I have nothing against pit bulls. I was just pointing out that those statistics are skewed in favor of his topic (dogs)

Using that same statistical reasoning, I could say that the Egyptian Asp is safe to keep roaming around in your home because in the last 30 years it's only killed 12 americans. (I just made that up)

I was mostly saying "take every statistic with a grain of salt"
  • 11-15-2009, 05:04 AM
    SS4Luck
  • 11-28-2009, 10:16 PM
    Elleken
    These are our adopted pits. Annie is my baby girl and max is my girlfriends new dog. Both are the sweetest dogs ever. Neither would ever hurt anyone unless they were hurting us first.

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m...ogen/annie.jpg

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m...e/PIC-0035.jpg

Max
    http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m...inogen/max.jpg
  • 11-28-2009, 10:16 PM
    Elleken
    Max was very skinny when we got him. He has since put on some weight and looks so much healthier.
  • 12-15-2009, 05:58 PM
    DMTWI
  • 12-17-2009, 06:09 PM
    jgauger
  • 12-21-2009, 08:08 PM
    wafisherman
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Soterios View Post

Also, note that the comparison is showing Killed by Pit Bull VS Struck by Lightning. A better comparison would be:

Killed by Pit Bull Vs Killed by Lightning
    or
    Injured by lightgning vs injured by pit bull

Or better yet:

Number of humans or their pets injured or killed by lightning
    Vs
    Number of humans or their pets injured or killed by pit bull
  • 01-03-2010, 06:03 PM
    dc4teg
    i wish i could freaking upload my pics :(