Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,421

2 members and 2,419 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,395
Threads: 248,765
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Boons
  • 08-28-2008, 11:01 PM
    crusher
    Re: POLL: Have you been bit by a BP?
    no but my bci seems very intent on doing the deed herself
  • 09-03-2008, 11:42 AM
    Gage
    i was bit once because i was careless when feeding, he didnt want the mouse and he came up and grabbed my finger, though i wasnt sure why he didnt want this mouse and he wanted the other, unthawed more the once at the store maybe?
  • 09-08-2008, 12:59 PM
    jorgasm
    I haven't been bit by any of my snakes but... to be honest... I'd rather get the initial bite out of the way so that I don't have that ""Oh my goodness my snakey-poo might bite me tonight." I'd rather get that first one over with to shake that fear.
  • 09-08-2008, 10:33 PM
    calypso616
    I was gonna answer no to this a few days ago and wont u know it i was picking out my BP at the store and i was handling one that i really wanted and as hes curled in my hand he just blindy struck at the air right next to my arm. I saw it and looked at my husband, then looked at another customer, with this amazed look on my face like "did he just strike" i didnt even get tagged and i think the scare is just as bad as the wound. The fact that i shreaked HOLY S@$% made the store owner come back just laughing. He knew what had happened. So yeah i got the other bp in the cage next to him. :D:D My bci has struck at me through the glass a few times.
  • 09-19-2008, 11:49 AM
    Dave763
    Mostly I get tagged by hatchlings when cleaning or changing water.
  • 09-20-2008, 11:47 AM
    tx_floyde
    I was bit by my adult male Floyde. When I was moving from my house I had to put him in something other than his tank so as to eliminate risk of something smushing him or pinching him. So I tried to put him in a much too little critter thing with the vented lid. He started coming back out, normal dimeanor, I put my hand in front of him, and bam! He bit me right on some scar tissue on my thumb. I had to kind of push and pull to get him off.
    The point is I knew better, and I learned my lesson. If the snake makes a decision, don't try to change his mind.
  • 09-20-2008, 12:05 PM
    ayza03
    So how would you move with BP so it won't bite you or strike at you?
  • 09-20-2008, 08:20 PM
    ch312
    not yet but i cant wait until it happens. curious to see what its like ;)

maybe ill dress my hand up to look like a rat:rolleye2:
  • 09-20-2008, 09:18 PM
    catawhat75
    Not by any of my bp's (not from the lack of trying from a couple). I have been bitten by my Children's Python and an 8 foot Burm.
  • 09-22-2008, 12:34 AM
    CruelHerbie
    I've been bitten twice now, but both have been my own fault!