Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,545

0 members and 2,545 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,178
Threads: 248,609
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, turntechgodhead

Sally, lavender SD retic

Printable View

• 01-10-2021, 06:16 PM
    67temp
    Re: Sally, lavender SD retic
    Time for an updated picture of her.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...b407044754.jpg

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk
  • 01-10-2021, 06:21 PM
    Gio
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 67temp View Post
    Time for an updated picture of her.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...b407044754.jpg

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

She looks pretty.

Is that your weather there? If so wow!

Snow cover here but warmer temps. I think we are right at 32F at the moment. This time of here that is pleasant. Usually this week can produce -20F temps.

I like seeing the photos. It will be a bit before I shoot the outdoor stuff.
  • 01-10-2021, 07:37 PM
    jmcrook
    The strains of albino in retics are some of the best looking albino snakes out there. Yours is no exception!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 01-10-2021, 08:16 PM
    67temp
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    Is that your weather there? If so wow!

Our winter weather in the mid-atlantic region is weird. We can get a foot of snow dumped on us then the next day be in the 60's. The past week had been over cast, daily drizzles and some freezing rain mixed in with it in the 30's and 40's. Yesterday was periods of sun, chilly and windy. Today was a high around 50, calm and sunny. So days that I can actually get out to take pictures I load up on them. The cooler temps help slow the snakes down a tiny bit so its just snap 3 or 4 pictures then take them back in.
  • 01-10-2021, 09:45 PM
    Kam
    She is beautiful.

• 01-30-2021, 08:57 AM
    lew-e
    Alright. I know a year and a half ago I said I’d never get one. I watched some videos yesterday, reach out reptiles coincidently, and I think I’m in love with these snakes. I’m reading up on them like crazy and love seeing the updates. Please keep them coming!

• 01-31-2021, 06:06 PM
    67temp
    Quote:

Originally Posted by lew-e View Post
    Alright. I know a year and a half ago I said I’d never get one. I watched some videos yesterday, reach out reptiles coincidently, and I think I’m in love with these snakes. I’m reading up on them like crazy and love seeing the updates. Please keep them coming!

So I'm just going to be honest here and say that Garret is a great guy, super nice and really does have a passion for these. He is also a marketing genius. I'm a small hobby breeder, and yeah I have a pair of them that I managed to get lucky with their attitude compared to others on this forum. I could breed them because... who doesn't like making several grand? Really though I don't think I ever will, simply because I can't ethically sell a person a snake that I don't think makes for a good pet. There are plenty of other species in this size and care range that make better pets. I feel if retics were anymore of an advanced level of keeping they would be up there with venomous.
  • 01-31-2021, 10:15 PM
    lew-e
    Quote:

So I'm just going to be honest here and say that Garret is a great guy, super nice and really does have a passion for these. He is also a marketing genius. I'm a small hobby breeder, and yeah I have a pair of them that I managed to get lucky with their attitude compared to others on this forum. I could breed them because... who doesn't like making several grand? Really though I don't think I ever will, simply because I can't ethically sell a person a snake that I don't think makes for a good pet. There are plenty of other species in this size and care range that make better pets. I feel if retics were anymore of an advanced level of keeping they would be up there with venomous.

Understandable. Definitely not a snake to pick up on a whim and not for a novice. I’ve kept snakes for over 20 years now so I feel pretty confident in my abilities and believe me when I say I am doing a ton of research. This isn’t a species I am willing to just jump into. A lot of thought and careful consideration will go into my final decision. But I do appreciate your honest input!

• 01-31-2021, 10:31 PM
    67temp
    Quote:

Originally Posted by lew-e View Post
    Understandable. Definitely not a snake to pick up on a whim and not for a novice. I’ve kept snakes for over 20 years now so I feel pretty confident in my abilities and believe me when I say I am doing a ton of research. This isn’t a species I am willing to just jump into. A lot of thought and careful consideration will go into my final decision. But I do appreciate your honest input!

If you have experience and with medium/advanced species you might do good with them. They have potential to be rewarding or a major challenge.... or both.
  • 01-31-2021, 11:02 PM
    lew-e
    Quote:

If you have experience and with medium/advanced species you might do good with them. They have potential to be rewarding or a major challenge.... or both.

Appreciate the input. Hence all the research :)
    If you have any specific places with info you found helpful I’d appreciate it. Otherwise I’ll keep scouring the forums and anywhere else I can accumulate some knowledge.