Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,359

2 members and 1,357 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,223
Threads: 248,636
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, mizmenabee
  • 07-08-2009, 09:02 PM
    MsPrada
    Re: Fox News 9:45 Friday Morning
    Good Luck Dude!
  • 07-08-2009, 09:32 PM
    jkobylka
    Well I'm excited for you Trey. Make us Georgian's proud! I know you will.

Justin
  • 07-08-2009, 09:38 PM
    TheOtherLeadingBrand
    I am going to watch for sure... I hope they show it here in Florida. Maybe they will, considering that the snake "incident" happened here.

PS this will also be the first time I have ever watched FOX! hehe

You are doing a great thing... you should be proud!
  • 07-08-2009, 10:09 PM
    MelissaFlipski
    I haven't read the whole thread, so I hope I'm not repeating what someone else said, but take your biggest, most docile snake and show them what a sweetheart it is!
  • 07-08-2009, 10:13 PM
    West Coast Jungle
    I think it is a great opportunity to educate the public a little.

One big point (for me at least) is letting people know that the term python covers many many species. Most people hear about these huge burmese pythons in the everglades and think ALL pythons are huge and potentialy dangerous.

The difference between a Ball and a Burmese is like a house cat to a mountain lion. Yes they are both felines but one gets much larger and their diets, behaviors and security requirements are much different.

If THEY mention the feral burmese situation in the US it would wise to point out that these animals come from very warm tropical climates which means southern florida/everglades is the ONLY place the could survive and they pose NO threat to the rest of the continetal USA. Anything in the 60's or lower would be a death sentence. Thus why the need to outlaw them in the entire USA. We should make laws based on scientific fact, not myths and paranoia. The other arguement is they pose a threat to native species but the fact is dogs kill more native animals than EVERY reptile pet combined! If that was the concern then we should outlaw dogs which everyone would think is completely ridiculous.

I also feel that by allowing people to own these animals it makes us more aware of our natural enviroment and appreciate all creatures so in the long run it helps animals and the enviroment.

Once again only bring it up if they do, I think they will since this is a current event hot topic.

Bring up all the morphs, that makes people go oooh and ahhh!

best of luck bro!
  • 07-09-2009, 09:53 AM
    Repsrul
    Oh my GOD!!!! I wanted to jump threw the tv and strangle both of the news anchors. I hate people like that. Good job man.
  • 07-09-2009, 10:03 AM
    TheOtherLeadingBrand
    What happened??! Dying to find out... or see some footage!
  • 07-09-2009, 10:08 AM
    AaronP
    I watched it and made a ghetto video for it. Encoding it right now, will be up within the hour I hope.
  • 07-09-2009, 10:19 AM
    AaronP
  • 07-09-2009, 10:31 AM
    Freakie_frog
    Great job Trey!!!!!