Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,321

0 members and 2,321 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,392
Threads: 248,763
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, ball-o-rama

Is it Shedding time.

Printable View

• 07-23-2007, 10:38 PM
    bigrich0086
    Re: Is it Shedding time.
    hod pretty good my room is humid as it is around 60 all day long. and i hope he dont climb over lol hell be there for couple hours till i get hom form work. and the lid is just sitting there for nwo cuz i kno he cant reach it yet im gonan go buy the clamps for it firday when i get paid.the clay is holding up good its starting to set. its to harden like it was takin out of the oven in bout a day or 2 its gotta be safe lol my dog ate a peice of it. how she got it is beyond me.
  • 07-23-2007, 10:44 PM
    bigrich0086
    one last question bout his shed. when i moved him form tank to tank his skin was very wrinkly and sliverish(reflective) this mean the skin is seperating and ready to be shed now.
  • 07-23-2007, 11:02 PM
    dr del
    Hi,

Actually it normally means he should have shed it a couple of days ago. They go blue then turn back to normal then shed - so looking silvery and wrinkled is normally a retained shed.

Check out our sticky on bad sheds for solutions.

And I wouldnt hold out long on getting those clips as it's not that far from the top of his hides/vines to the lip of the divider and from there he can push on the lid with ease.

We recomend a humidity of 60-60% when their in shed so you might want to look at the glass tank setup sticky again to see how to seal over the lid to get it up their when he's shedding.

dr del
  • 07-23-2007, 11:19 PM
    bigrich0086
    he didnt look liek that firday all he had was the dull look at the cloudy eyes. ill give him till tomorrow and if nothing changes ill put him in some warm water and let him soak and see if itll help.i dont htink hes tired to shed it to be honest even his head looks like that so its gotta be comin soon.
  • 07-24-2007, 12:34 AM
    dr del
    Hi,

Just noticed I nerfed up the humidity recomendations for during shed.:oops:

It should have read 60% - 70% humidity

dr del ( the fumblefingered :ninja: )
  • 07-24-2007, 12:46 AM
    bigrich0086
    i jus covered the top lid with plastic wrap with 15 inches open from the wrap. that will help me tons. if he done shed it how to i get him to shed it since he hasnt begun to do it. his head is like his body
  • 07-24-2007, 02:42 PM
    dr del
    Well,

You could read my previous posts about it where I gave you a link to the sticky that tells you that exact thing.:P

Click on the relevant blue underlined text in my post 4 before this one.:D

dr del
  • 07-24-2007, 10:40 PM
    bigrich0086
    yea i did look at it but hes got a full shed still on him not jus bits n peices. how do i get the whole shed off him. heres a picture of him. i bought a vitamin spray that has the stuff he needs for healthy skin and keeps his skin lookin good.http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y14...6/100_1943.jpg he looks shiny cuz of the spray i put on him. its called vita spray. it contains electrolytes and keeps skin softer and mosit. it also has vitamin d3. ill see if thia helps his skin out. also by the water bowl it was soaked all over and udner. was that the sign of him in the water.
  • 07-24-2007, 11:11 PM
    dotc0m
    My eyes!!! :eek:

Why is he so dark? Is that spray you put on him commercially sold for snakes/BP's in particular?

You should really just put him in a tub or a small enclosure, it's so much easier to take care of and clean. It's such a great idea, and it's like having a small hide with smaller hides within it that keeps your snake happy.
  • 07-24-2007, 11:14 PM
    bigrich0086
    hes dark cuz the spray did that and hes got that retained shed on him. and the spray is forulated to work for all snakes of any species.