Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,378

1 members and 1,377 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,223
Threads: 248,636
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, mizmenabee

we got a new pet!

Printable View

• 05-28-2007, 06:49 PM
    frankykeno
    Re: we got a new pet!
    Ohhh I see she has you trained already LOL. If you and your daughter want a fun way to spoil her with homemade treats here's a great website with some recipes....even some frozen doggie treats!

http://www.bullwrinkle.com/Assets/Recipes/Recipes.htm
  • 05-29-2007, 12:32 AM
    recycling goddess
    oh wow those look yummy!!! thanks jo
  • 05-29-2007, 12:45 AM
    Shelby
    Her ears are SO cute.. they look like terrier ears. How's her training coming along?
  • 05-29-2007, 01:17 AM
    recycling goddess
    she is doing GREAT. she sleeps in my bed at night and goes all night long without going out to pee. so i am getting heaps of sleep.

she's potty training (if that's the correct term) really well too. she has some accidents in the house, but all in all, she's doing so well taking herself out when she has to go!

we aren't using the crate unless we have to go out - without her. she doesn't get upset when we put her in... we toss in a treat(s) and a few toys and i think she's fine. LOL i'm not there so it's hard to know.

when we get home... she's whining, but more excited to see us i think.

she had a bad reaction to her first shots... so the vet is using something different next time. her next vet appt is on the 11th of july.

she's learned to sit, come (most of the time), go pee on command, no biting... she's doing way better on our walks. at first we had to pretty much drag her the entire walk as she didn't want to go. now she's hard to get going (she wants to stay at home) but once you get her going she's great.

she's doing great meeting and greeting new dogs. i'm careful who she gets to say hi to. i ask the owner if they have all their shots first and keep her away from any feces... so we can't go to the dog field with her yet.

all in all... she's an absolute dream of a pup. she truly is. i've never had such a wonderful friend in critter form. i'm totally in love!
  • 05-29-2007, 01:29 AM
    Shelby
    That's great.. I'm glad she's doing well for you.

On the subject of vaccines.. you may want to google 'vaccinosis'. Lots of pets react badly to vaccines.. and many vets are starting to believe we may vaccinate too much/too often. It's something to consider anyway.
  • 05-29-2007, 01:30 AM
    recycling goddess
    my vet is of that school...

as am i. my kids aren't even fully vaccinated... i pick and choose what they get.

thanks april!
  • 05-29-2007, 01:32 AM
    Shelby
    That's good to hear.. I agree with a lot of what the holistic vets are saying.
  • 05-29-2007, 01:38 AM
    recycling goddess
    as do i. i have a holistic vet on staff at my magazine... she's wonderful!
  • 06-17-2007, 01:52 AM
    recycling goddess
    another quick update:

annabella is doing amazing. she's loving her walks everyday and finding her favourite places to poo which by the way is NEVER near a garbage can so i have to carry her little 'gift' all the way home. *yuck*

she's discovered treats from a doggie bakery and has decided she's in heaven.

she is loving her crate... and isn't even whining when i return home anymore. i'm so pleased.

can't believe i have a dog!!!
  • 06-17-2007, 02:09 AM
    python.princess
    puppies are so great! luckily, my dog didn't outgrow the greatness! lol. hopefully yours won't either!