Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,959

1 members and 1,958 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,392
Threads: 248,764
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, ball-o-rama
  • 01-30-2014, 03:08 PM
    sorraia
    Re: Some Snake News out of Southern California
    He won't get jail time. Since CA prisons and jails are over crowded, people are released for all kinds of reasons. Animal abuse and neglect ate not currently considered serious enough crimes for jail. He'll likely be let off with fines.
  • 01-30-2014, 03:24 PM
    Tarotknits
    Re: Santa Ana Hoarder Incident : DONATE to the people that are saving the survivors
    I'd love to adopt one, I was going to get my first snake next week but I'd rather adopt out of this bad situation. Sadly though I live in Georgia =( I doubt they would ship one to me.:(
  • 01-30-2014, 03:43 PM
    Powerline Reptiles
    Re: Santa Ana Hoarder Incident : DONATE to the people that are saving the survivors
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Misha View Post
    Any information on how to get involved or volunteer? I live about 45 minutes away and would like to help out any way I can.

Sent using Tapatalk

Here's a link to their organization. I'm sure they have contact info listed on their site

http://socalherpassn.com/
  • 01-30-2014, 03:46 PM
    Mr. Misha
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Powerline Reptiles View Post
    Here's a link to their organization. I'm sure they have contact info listed on their site

http://socalherpassn.com/

Thanks, I already contacted them.

Sent using Tapatalk
  • 01-30-2014, 04:43 PM
    Andys-Python
    MarkS,
    You are correct: I don’t know what it would take to kill a snake from neglect. And I thank GOD for that! I do know from the reports that the neighbors have been complaining to the police for, at least, six months about the stench. So this has been going on for quite some time. There were reports of rats and mice eating each other to stay alive and bottles of human urine setting in cluttered, filthy rooms. Excuses have been made that he lost his mother and father and grandmother over the last 5 years. I’m sorry, but there are plenty of other people that have lost a lot more than that and haven’t gone over the edge like this. I’m sure there is more to this story. There always is. I don’t think anyone will disagree that this person is deeply disturbed and needs help.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Misha gave her opinion, you gave yours and I gave mine.
    You are a “Super Moderator” of this forum. You of all people should know better than to attack someone personally for giving their opinion. I consider your comment:
    Quote:

This is a completely ridiculous assumption and shows just how little you know. Your further diatribe sounds like the rantings of a petulant child.
    inappropriate and out of line.

I have said what I have to say on this subject.
  • 01-30-2014, 04:57 PM
    Mr. Misha
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Andys-Python View Post
    Misha gave her opinion

I'm a guy. I know the name makes it seem otherwise. :)

Sent using Tapatalk
  • 01-30-2014, 05:02 PM
    Andys-Python
    Quote:

I'm a guy. I know the name makes it seem otherwise. :)
    SO sorry!!!!

:oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:

Please forgive me

:please::please::please::please::please::please::please::please:
  • 01-30-2014, 06:15 PM
    MarkS
    Quote:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Misha gave her opinion, you gave yours and I gave mine.
    You are a “Super Moderator” of this forum. You of all people should know better than to attack someone personally for giving their opinion. I consider your comment:
    inappropriate and out of line.

I have said what I have to say on this subject.

No. Anybody who would equate Animal neglect with child molestation is woefully ignorant and I'm frankly appalled that anyone would make this association.
  • 01-30-2014, 06:37 PM
    Shann
    Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
    No. Anybody who would equate Animal neglect with child molestation is woefully ignorant and I'm frankly appalled that anyone would make this association.

I have to agree. This case here mostly just makes me incredibly sad. A little angry, sure, but mostly I just hope that the animals as well as the owner get the help that they need. Depression is complex, and I feel that it is hard for some people to understand if you don't have personal experience with it (either yourself or with someone you love). Something that is a painful loss for someone can be the end of the world for another.

Had this been the molestation of a child, my reaction would be VERY different. To me, neglect of an animal and child molestation are on completely different levels.

I'm not justifying what this person did. I think it is truly truly horrible. But I think they are very sick and need help. I've known animal hoarders, and it's never a simple case.
  • 01-30-2014, 06:47 PM
    Mr. Misha
    Quote:

SO sorry!!!!

:oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:

Please forgive me

:please::please::please::please::please::please::please::please:

Hehe. No worries. :)