Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,391

1 members and 1,390 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,222
Threads: 248,630
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Langdon

Do snakes fart?

Printable View

• 02-06-2009, 04:30 PM
    dc4teg
    Re: Do snakes fart?
    thats wonderful
  • 02-06-2009, 05:12 PM
    cassandra
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruce Whitehead View Post
    She loves a good gas passing and seems to really enjoy projectile defecation as a hobby as well.

Corns are vicious projectile defecators, aren't they? :rolleyes:
  • 02-11-2009, 07:22 PM
    ArachnoLady
    I too found this thread. I know its a funny subject but I heard my ball pythons break wind. I thought it was my imagination but I am glad this thread was started! Now I know I am not nuts!:taz:
  • 02-13-2009, 08:29 PM
    candyman88
    i never hear my snake fart but i did hear him breath a few times.do did my wife
  • 02-13-2009, 09:08 PM
    Bloodsong
    If you hear an occasional "puff" when it is breathing it may be possible RI. Get that animal to a vet if this is something that happens more than once or twice in a month!

Bloodsong
  • 02-14-2009, 02:20 PM
    southb
    Well mine do fart but only while pooping.....at least thats the only time I do hear it. Heck they might have a fart party every morning at 3am!
  • 02-14-2009, 08:39 PM
    skaplan86
    without any sort of photo, video, or even audio recording... I call shenanigans... i think everybody just wants to be part of the "my snakes fart" bandwagon... This is not meant to offend anybody, but i want proof!
  • 02-15-2009, 02:51 AM
    blackcrystal22
    Quote:

Originally Posted by skaplan86 View Post
    without any sort of photo, video, or even audio recording... I call shenanigans... i think everybody just wants to be part of the "my snakes fart" bandwagon... This is not meant to offend anybody, but i want proof!

I haven't heard anyone 'call shenanigans' since 3rd grade.

Yes snakes fart. If an animal has an external vent/rectum, the buildup of air has a possibility of making a sound.
    Even if it didn't sound, it would still have natural gas release from it's system. Therefore, a fart.
  • 02-15-2009, 09:20 AM
    Bruce Whitehead
    Quote:

Originally Posted by cassandra View Post
    Corns are vicious projectile defecators, aren't they? :rolleyes:

They have many skills and this is just part of the artichoke that is a corn... layer after layer after interesting layer. :)
  • 02-15-2009, 09:24 AM
    Bruce Whitehead
    Quote:

Originally Posted by skaplan86 View Post

You are calling shenanigans on snake farts?

How many snakes have you held when they decided to lose the sausage butt on ya? I will assume not many... unless I get audio or video footage and signed declarations to prove otherwise. And throw in a criminal records check and a signed affidavidat (sp?) of some sort so that it looks kind of official like. :)

I would be more interested in video footage of a snake burping!