Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,258

0 members and 1,258 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,223
Threads: 248,636
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, mizmenabee
  • 04-10-2014, 02:11 PM
    JoRandom
    Re: POLL: Have you been bit by a BP?
    Been bit by plenty of dogs, even a guinea pig (those guys scare me now, haha) but never by my nor any of my friends snakes.
  • 04-13-2014, 01:07 PM
    Elementz187
    Funny story actually, I got bit by 3 of mine in the same feeding session as I put pups in 2 bit my fingers instead. And the last one bit me in the forehead lol.. After I put the pup in I dropped a bag and tried to pick it up before I put the tub back in the rack lol...
  • 04-14-2014, 02:26 AM
    Ajdag
    I did the noobest thing possible today. So I take my albino to a local reptile shop to feed. The worker puts a rat in the tub she's in. My bp doesn't look at the rat and is hanging off the edge of the tub. So I reach to guide her back in the tub ( I don't know why I did or what I was thinking) and a few seconds later. She strikes. Hits my middle finger. It didn't hurt too bad. But her fangs are sharp as a mfer. This is my first time being bit.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
  • 04-16-2014, 11:03 AM
    Andy84
    POLL: Have you been bit by a BP?
    Not yet.

But I have a feeling it's gonna happen soon. Probably frm my mojave. She really doesn't like me. 😄

Strikes at me whenever I have to clean her tank or change out her water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 05-09-2014, 06:20 PM
    richiquick
    I have had them strike but never been bitten.When I first get a new snake I wear gloves,they hate the taste and never try again.I have been bit several times by rock and Burmese pythons and those bites are not a good time,the force behind them is amazing!

Sent from my RM-915_nam_usa_228 using Tapatalk
  • 05-09-2014, 10:45 PM
    JPR
    Yup. 2500 gram female mistook my hand for a rat. I now open her tub with a hook for feeding.

• 06-20-2014, 05:50 PM
    bigt0006
    Got my first bp bite last while feeding my desert enchi he missed the mouse and got my hand. Was kind of funny my nephew freaked out and i had no reaction

Sent from my N9100 using Tapatalk 2
  • 06-20-2014, 06:34 PM
    Wargo34
    My super pastel was only weeks old when I got him so he's bitten me more than I count just because he was so young. Now he's fine and doesn't strike anymore. But my larger spider got excited for a rat and struck early (while I was trying to put the rat in the tub) and got ahold of my hand. Left a few little dots on me, but she's never done it besides that time.

1.0 axanthic (Cash)
    1.0 super pastel (Jax)
    0.1 spider (Nala)
    1.0 lesser (Leonardo)
    0.1 mojave (Sandy)
  • 06-21-2014, 09:42 PM
    PythonMan89
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JPR View Post
    Yup. 2500 gram female mistook my hand for a rat. I now open her tub with a hook for feeding.

The hook wasn't used to replace your hand, I hope? D:
    Kidding. I'm sure that wasn't a fun experience, though.
  • 06-21-2014, 09:49 PM
    PythonMan89
    I've only been struck at once, and it was admittedly my own fault. My ball was pre-shed and wasn't quite showing signs. It'd been about two days before her last meal, so I felt confident in handling her, and she'd left urates in her enclosure fairly close to the hide. So I figured I'd take her out, clean up her mess real quick, and set her back in good as new. I reached in, ran my hand along her back the way I did every other time I'd handled her, but this time she hissed at me. I ignored it, putting the need to have the cage cleaned above her not wanting to be handled, figuring she'd go back to her normal docile behavior when I took her out of her cage. And that's when she struck me. Just once. I didn't even feel anything at the time, because she was maybe six months old and still fairly small. As I was putting her back, I happened to notice the small scratches from where her fangs had scratched the first few layers of skin on the back of my hand. Nothing major. I chalked it up to it being her way of telling me she didn't want to be messed with. And the evidence was the single shed I found in her cage a couple of days later.