Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,029

2 members and 2,027 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,392
Threads: 248,763
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, ball-o-rama

Collection Gone

Printable View

• 11-22-2011, 03:19 AM
    Lolo76
    I'm so sorry for your loss... I can't imagine, and it makes me grateful to live in a warmer climate. If you do decide to rebuild the collection, let me know - I could probably spare a couple of snakes, if somebody's willing to help me with shipping (I'm not certified yet). Sorry again. :(
  • 12-17-2011, 08:30 PM
    FalconPunch
    This made me want to cry. I'm a detached person, but my eyes are wet. I can't possibly wrap my mind around this.

You did what you could. Nature takes lives sometimes, mate.
  • 12-18-2011, 01:37 AM
    Kittycatpenut
    Wow that really sucks. I can't imagine what I would do if even one of my pets passed. They really do become members of the family. :tears:
  • 12-18-2011, 04:47 AM
    Emily Hubbard
    My eyes got wet reading this, I am so sorry. I cannot imagine feeling so helpless. :tears: I hope you can find the strength to build a new collection. The ones you lost can never be replaced, but you can honor their memories and love a new generation. When the time is right. I will pray for you and your wife. :tears:
  • 12-18-2011, 12:56 PM
    AEnimaDrummer98
    Hang in there, man! For surely there is a future and your hope not be cut off
  • 12-19-2011, 02:18 PM
    Jeremy Cox
    Re: Collection Gone
    wow, from a newbs perspective and for what it's worth, I'm sorry for your loss. This really makes me wonder what I'd do in a similar event. Time to start preparing for the worst to avoid disaster.
    I wish you and your family the best and again, my condolences.:(
  • 12-19-2011, 02:34 PM
    akjadlnfkjfdkladf
    i am very sorry about your snakies!

at least you have the setups ready if you want to get back into it

(and i bet you will):D
  • 12-19-2011, 02:44 PM
    Highline Reptiles South
    that is awful i am so sorry. I was sitting here thinking, what would I do? The best I could come up with was maybe use one of the kerosene heaters?
  • 12-20-2011, 11:10 PM
    SlitherinSisters
    Oh my gosh that is terrible. You did what you could, take your time :hug:
  • 12-20-2011, 11:37 PM
    Solarsoldier001
    I can understand how you feel, to try and do everything for an animal (or herp) that you love. My beloved cat apparently ate rat poison from our neighbor who put it around their house. Of course I didn't see the effects of it until the next day. By then we got hit by a hurricane that lasted for 4 days. I try calling vets and doctors no one was available and they said that since I caught it a day late there was nothing I could do for him. Just to make his passing as comfortable as possible. I couldn't ease his pain and it made me terribly sad to watch my best friend suffer so much. Afterwards, I gave death stares to my neighbor for years... that was about four years ago and I still miss my kitty :(. But I did eventually move forward and get myself a new lovable kitty XD. I love my kitty she is a wonderful cat in her own way, she'll never replace the kitty from before (of course) but she makes me happy when she is around and I believe that's the point to all pets. They make you feel good :)