Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,558

3 members and 2,555 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,400
Threads: 248,766
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Miramiraonthewa11

Gtp Bit Me! Yaya! Duw!

Printable View

• 09-19-2008, 03:44 PM
    Colin Vestrand
    Re: Gtp Bit Me! Yaya! Duw!
    yeah maybe you guys are right... that's the way i've always looked at it though.
  • 09-19-2008, 03:58 PM
    Chuck
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Colin Vestrand View Post
    yeah maybe you guys are right... that's the way i've always looked at it though.

Colin I think you have it correct if you go by the given definition of a fang. I think in practicality when you have a whole mouth full of fangs and then a specialized fang for injecting venom. It was looked at as easier to call the fangs teeth and the hollow venom delivery teeth fangs. Hope that makes sense :confused:
  • 09-19-2008, 04:14 PM
    bigballs
    Quote:

Originally Posted by PythonWallace View Post
    Are you saying you'd rather take a bite from a 6' afrock than a 6' chondo? :weirdface Pound for pound, inch for inch or however you put it, afrocks and burms have larger teeth than chondros. Look at the pictures and imagine that the head sizes are the same. The afrock's teeth are way bigger. But being that chondros don't get that big, teeth on larger boids make chondro teeth look miniscule.

I think we are way off topic here, so that's all I have to say about it.

thats not really what im saying at all...

but a six foot chondro would be an exceptionally large full grown specimen where as a six foot afrock would still not be fully grown so if i had to pick i would rather get bit by a six foot, couple thousand gram animal rather than getting bit by a 20 foot couple hundred pound animal or in this case the the not fully grown six foot tens of pounds animal.

i agree with you that these other boids have teeth that make a chondros look miniscule but a t-rex's teeth must make a retic's teeth look like sowing pins.

look, youre right, so is everyone else and we are waay off topic here. i think we are all saying the same thing in different ways.;)
  • 09-24-2008, 09:12 AM
    pythontricker
    wow. ok, i didn't even relize people were still looking at this thread.
    ok. so i don't get the big deal.
    The snake ate perfect, shed two days later and has grown another like 10 grams since i got it. I do realize that it has large teeth. I have read many pages online about these snakes. the snake is 8 or 9 months old and already a little over a foot. The snake has no broken bones. and moves perfectly. I am really getting pissed off with the mob of people who are all of the sudden deciding to hate on me. I mean come on. You cannot make this many accusations based on pictures and some text. the only one who can say anything about this snakes health, is me, and others who have seen it. INCLUDING MY VET WHO SAID IT WAS VERY HEALTHY DURING A CHECK UP AFTER I FED IT ON THE CHAIR!!!!!!! you have no right, and thats for everyone who verbally insulted me, to tell me that my snake will be unhealthy or is unhealthy. because, it eats, sheds, drinks, and defecates correctly. golly. you guys are really scaring me. COOL OUT. and don't judge a book by its cover. And i really mean that. take a step back and breath. :mad:
  • 09-24-2008, 09:24 AM
    pythontricker
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Warocker's Wife View Post
    :mad: First I couldn’t be more disappointed in what I am seeing. :mad:
    There’s so many things wrong with this picture. The baby is still a neonate – which means your little baby shouldn’t even be moved or handled AT ALL!!!:angered:
    You wrote ‘I thought I would try it once. Just for fun. It swallowed it fine, No problems there. When I moved it, it didn't regurgitate, now the next day it hasn't regurgitated. I think its fine and it hasn't been an issue yet. I so far see 0 ill effect.’
    Are u kidding me??? The stress will show later and why would u EVEN take a chance!!! :tears:
    Your beautiful little baby is just THAT a little baby. Read a book …..READ A GTP BOOK!!!

Get Greg Maxwell’s book and read it. Knowledge is power and for the love of god take care of that beautiful little neonate.
    Feed her/him from his encloser or a nice tub... In a dark- dim room as it is intended to be.
    Treat your animal with love and respect not hanging from a chair – not in a bright room …

Your little baby should be hanging from her/his perch securely and ready for its food where it feels nice and warm and fuzzy happy and secure…

I hope no damage has been caused from you ‘trying it once – just for fun’ :colbert:

Really honestly read The More Complete Chondro.

Wow. I really hate when people make blatant accusations as to how my snake will turn out in the future health wise. even after i go to a world renounced herp vet to get the animal checked up. its something that I do with every animal. this guy checked out everything on this snake. he gave it a clean bill of health. it is a very healthy gtp. and is starting his/her color change. Read the other post i made. just cool it. I take great care of my animals. I realize it was kind of risky to do this. but the snake continues to eat fine. and it shed in one piece, I could provide pictures. dont judge me, you have no right. i have done plenty of research. and i would not have done something like this to a younger one. This guy isn't even eating pinks any more. he is already on fuzzies. which is considerably bigger.
  • 09-24-2008, 02:56 PM
    WaRocker
    Quote:

Originally Posted by pythontricker View Post
    Wow. I really hate when people make blatant accusations as to how my snake will turn out in the future health wise. even after i go to a world renounced herp vet to get the animal checked up. its something that I do with every animal. this guy checked out everything on this snake. he gave it a clean bill of health. it is a very healthy gtp. and is starting his/her color change. Read the other post i made. just cool it. I take great care of my animals. I realize it was kind of risky to do this. but the snake continues to eat fine. and it shed in one piece, I could provide pictures. dont judge me, you have no right. i have done plenty of research. and i would not have done something like this to a younger one. This guy isn't even eating pinks any more. he is already on fuzzies. which is considerably bigger.

Well if you keep on feeding from a chair:weirdface I can guess how this lil guy/gal will turn out..
    As far as only doing it one time.. Wow wanna play russian roulette just one time?? You first :D That is all I have to say about that.. :skullbone

But very happy to hear that its doing fine.. Great news and if you ever find the book or link that says have your snakes eat at the table with you send me the link I will read it.:hungry:

I can only imagine in sheer horror that your not the only one who has hung a GTP from a chair and then though it must be hungry:weirdface

Rock on dude and hope things keep going well:gj:
  • 09-24-2008, 03:13 PM
    Colin Vestrand
    Quote:

Originally Posted by WaRocker View Post
    Great news and if you ever find the book or link that says have your snakes eat at the table with you send me the link I will read it

yes, because anything you read in a book MUST be true!

not to beat a dead horse, but seriously... an image of SHEEP really comes to mind here.
  • 09-24-2008, 05:02 PM
    WaRocker
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Colin Vestrand View Post
    yes, because anything you read in a book MUST be true!

not to beat a dead horse, but seriously... an image of SHEEP really comes to mind here.

Maybe you wanna play the game too :D:gj:
  • 09-25-2008, 12:32 AM
    pythontricker
    I really am not going to argue about this any more. I cant take this kind of judgment, and sarcasm. I am so done with you. You are a very ignorant person. In the sense that you don't know anything about MY snake.
  • 09-25-2008, 09:43 AM
    WaRocker
    Quote:

Originally Posted by pythontricker View Post
    I really am not going to argue about this any more. I cant take this kind of judgment, and sarcasm. I am so done with you. You are a very ignorant person. In the sense that you don't know anything about MY snake.

Wow now name calling. :colbert:
    I didnt know the TRUTH was ignorant??
    All I was saying is that I am happy that you freakin snakes are healthy man. Then just trying to help out people by stating the truth. That feeding a snake on a darn chair is tarded and probably not the best thing. I have never called you a name Or made a personal slam on you. Just stating facts and truths.
    The only one that needs to chill here is you and your additude.