Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,618

0 members and 2,618 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,178
Threads: 248,609
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, turntechgodhead
  • 10-26-2004, 02:54 PM
    padiente
    I must admit, I have a high tolerance for pain, but that comes from years of clumsimess, hence self inflicted pain. I don't need more things around me that I can hurt myself with. Its just asking for trouble. Why, just today, I fell flat on my face at work because, as I was uncrossing my legs getting off my stool, the heel of my left stilletto caught the lip of my right foot and to avoid poking a hole through my foot by stepping down I decided to fall. Since my feet were basically stuck on oneanother and I had something in my hands I fell flat on my face. 10 minutes later I knocked a glass of water all over my counter, and a couple of weeks ago I hit my head on a metal corner hard enough to give me head ache for 2 days. I have been to the emergency room twice since late february. I am constanly covered with bruises and scrapes, so a pet that could really hurt me is not an option. hahaha
  • 10-26-2004, 03:12 PM
    mlededee
    Interviews
    sounds like maybe you should steer clear of stillettos and corners. and water. have you considered the padded room option? ;)
  • 10-26-2004, 04:00 PM
    padiente
    humidity problem
    yes, I have and have even found a way for it to be astetically pleasing :). The funny thing is, this is the first time I have ever tripped in spiked heels. I turn my ankles everytime I wear my low wedge heels so i opt for the high scray ones, that the rest of the world has problems with. How odd is that
  • 10-26-2004, 05:41 PM
    Shaun J
    hey guys...you do know those pics on tongs .com are fake?dont you?most of them are and it was confirmed on some other forum.
  • 10-26-2004, 05:42 PM
    led4urhead
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bpkid
    hey guys...you do know those pics on tongs .com are fake?dont you?most of them are and it was confirmed on some other forum.

For some reason i doubt this. I would, however, like to see the post about them being fake. Got a link?
  • 10-26-2004, 05:45 PM
    Shaun J
    not really,sorry dude.it was a loong time ago.i think it was somewhere on RF or Fauna.i will try to find it.
  • 10-26-2004, 05:59 PM
    led4urhead
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bpkid
    not really,sorry dude.it was a loong time ago.i think it was somewhere on RF or Fauna.i will try to find it.

Without some kind of proof, your claim is just a bit hard to swallow. I'm not saying that its false, but tongs.com has a pretty good reputation in the reptile community and i doubt that they would put something up that was false.
  • 10-26-2004, 06:05 PM
    Shaun J
    oh,i guess that thread was wrong.just forget what i said. :lol:
  • 10-26-2004, 06:42 PM
    bittenonce
    I assure you that the photos are real. Some of them are 25 yrs old and where taken after the sweetwater texas round ups. I have been dealing with tongs.com for many years and have been involved with several of thier photos. Go to SHHS and click on the bite photos and you will see some of the same graphic stuff. It's reality of owning venomous and what it can do to you.
  • 10-26-2004, 06:44 PM
    Shaun J
    they dont look to realistic to me but who am i to say...