Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,991

1 members and 1,990 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,392
Threads: 248,759
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, ball-o-rama
  • 07-14-2009, 03:46 PM
    Stewart_Reptiles
    Re: Sellers, take care Kristy1277
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick Long View Post
    Why are all you admin trying to put her down so much?

If this were all of YOU in this situation.....you would be pulling the same cards.

So admins and mods are not members capable of giving their opinion on a situation anymore……………….well excuse me.

My opinion is the same whether I am a member or on the staff and would be exactly the same if posted on another forum.

As for being in the same situation, once a transaction is completed a transaction is completed, if I sell a female and later found out she is gravid I would not expect to get anything from that clutch.
  • 07-14-2009, 03:48 PM
    Freakie_frog
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Morphie View Post
    No. Please feel free.

Scenario, Robin. A person you gave a snake to, to be nice to them: Turns out you gave them the wrong one. Happens to be your very first snake ever, one that you really really cared for and was your ultimate treasure. Maybe it's just a normal, but it was sentimentally very special to you.

You write to that person: Hi, i accidentally put my snakes in the wrong drawer and you got my special one. Would you be willing to swap me?

They write back: no. Sorry, you should have thought about that.

Would you not feel slighted? Hurt? Like people should perhaps be warned not to extend special favors to this person, so that no one else has to feel as awful as you do?

Difference. the animal was a gift and not a purchase by the other person.

Had she refused to give back the free-bees Ok sure I could see getting hurt.. But you made a mistake in not verifying the gravid state of the animal you SOLD. As a result the buyer got a surprise clutch.

Does it hurt sure it blows!!! Does it warrant coming here and claiming their a slimy person for not giving you something you didn't even know existed.. No.
  • 07-14-2009, 03:49 PM
    littleindiangirl
    I bet you a lawyer out there somewhere would stipulate that you sold her the snake, not the sperm that fertilized the eggs, or even the eggs themselves. I could totally see that on Judge Joe Brown someday. :8:
  • 07-14-2009, 03:50 PM
    Freakie_frog
    Quote:

Originally Posted by littleindiangirl View Post
    I bet you a lawyer out there somewhere would stipulate that you sold her the snake, not the sperm that fertilized the eggs, or even the eggs themselves. I could totally see that on Judge Joe Brown someday. :8:

Have fun with that :gj:
  • 07-14-2009, 03:50 PM
    matt71915
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jglass38 View Post
    I think a lot of people are being a little harsh on Morphie. She used the forum appropriately to air out something she is hurt about. She has every right to feel hurt. Unfortunately, a lot of the time, people suck. I'm a bit jaded so I generally believe that in business people are out to screw you and I hope in the end I am proven wrong. I do agree though that just because you do something for someone doesn't mean the good deed needs to be reciprocated. Be wary of people who continually nickel and dime you. Nothing will ever be enough for them and in the end you may end up feeling taken.

this is what i think morphie is trying to say. Its in the business forum and this is how she does business.
  • 07-14-2009, 03:53 PM
    rabernet
    Quote:

No. Please feel free.

Scenario, Robin. A person you gave a snake to, to be nice to them: Turns out you gave them the wrong one. Happens to be your very first snake ever, one that you really really cared for and was your ultimate treasure. Maybe it's just a normal, but it was sentimentally very special to you.

You write to that person: Hi, i accidentally put my snakes in the wrong drawer and you got my special one. Would you be willing to swap me?

They write back: no. Sorry, you should have thought about that.

Would you not feel slighted? Hurt? Like people should perhaps be warned not to extend special favors to this person, so that no one else has to feel as awful as you do?

Yes, I would be very hurt. No, I wouldn't feel that I needed to warn people about the person.

And yes, I gave a female to a person instead of a male locally last year.

I called them up as soon as I got home, to tell them of the mistake (the snakes were in the baby rack next to each other). They chose to keep the female that I had intended to hold back and were not willing to switch with me. So, it has happened to me. I moved on. It didn't stop me from helping others at a later time.
  • 07-14-2009, 03:53 PM
    Morphie
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    an act of kindness is an act of kindness which means nothing should be expected in return.

This is an idealized theory. Fact of the matter is that altruism comes from a subconscious expectation of reciprocation. It evolved because people who stick together are generally more successful at life than people who betray each other. When you are nice to someone, you are saying "i accept you into my social circle, and I will offer you the benefits of friendship." Whether or not you care to admit it, this is an investment. "If I am nice to people, then they will be nice to me".

Otherwise, everyone would just eat everyone else's babies. :8:

Seriously though when someone breaks the cycle, everyone who has invested in them in the past feels slighted, and are less likely to extend the hand of friendship again in the future (documented studies show this also occurs in squirrel communities).

You may not expect something right then, but you do expect your kindness to be remembered, and it is offensive when it is not.
  • 07-14-2009, 04:04 PM
    Morphie
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Freakie_frog View Post
    Difference. the animal was a gift and not a purchase by the other person.

I don't think that matters, personally. I don't feel I would be right in asking her to give me that 10 bucks she was missing for the stat, or to pay me for the water bottles.

I gave that stuff away because it mattered to her more than it did to me at the time, and I'm a nice person like that.

What's different about the egg is it's non-reproducible (she has the only one), and I am asking for a favor in much the same way she asked several of me (and succeeded at getting) because the egg, if hatched, would be more sentimentally important to me than to her, and to her, *that* does not matter (when something as stupid as a few dollars was enough to make me feel like she deserved my altruism not even a month ago - I can't even imagine ending up with the only progeny of someone's cherished and deceased snake and not giving them any means by which to recover it if they told me it was a big deal to them).
  • 07-14-2009, 04:10 PM
    Freakie_frog
    Quote:

I don't think that matters, personally. I don't feel I would be right in asking her to give me that 10 bucks she was missing for the stat, or to pay me for the water bottles.

I gave that stuff away because it mattered to her more than it did to me at the time, and I'm a nice person like that.

What's different about the egg is it's non-reproducible (she has the only one), and I am asking for a favor in much the same way she asked several of me (and succeeded at getting) because the egg, if hatched, would be more sentimentally important to me than to her, and to her, *that* does not matter (when something as stupid as a few dollars was enough to make me feel like she deserved my altruism not even a month ago - I can't even imagine ending up with the only progeny of someone's cherished and deceased snake and not giving them any means by which to recover it if they told me it was a big deal to them).

It does matter because. When you took money for the snake you sold every part of it from head to tail thats what she was paying for. She got what she was paying for and you got the money for what you were selling. You just didn't know what you were selling. Thats not her fault or her responsibility to make right.

I can see your point but you have to understand lets say its a fire..Are you going to give her a fire when you hatch them as repayment for giving up that baby?

Its tough when your so attached but please understand you got rid of the animal. And now once you found out theres more to it than you once though your asking for the offspring. It's unheard of. I just don't understand if there was even a possibility that the snake was gravid why sell it?!?!
  • 07-14-2009, 04:18 PM
    Morphie
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Freakie_frog View Post
    I just don't understand if there was even a possibility that the snake was gravid why sell it?!?!

It was stupid. I've been liquidating my entire collection because we're moving somewhere 1/3 as big. I didn't want to sell off everything, but I've been convinced to do it by my partner. The place is really tiny.

It has been incredibly painful, but my heart was just crushed when I found my darling Kayoubi belly-up, and wasn't sure I needed to keep going and trying. I am keeping a mojave that nearly died on me (he survived because i decided to break down and do assist feeding and got him going again) and my darling spider girl because she's such an adorable odd-ball. I was hoping against hope that someone had taken with the fire, but they were all acting odd and not taking food, but there was no indication of swelling or any of that stuff either, so the possibility seemed remote.

Hope (the snake she bought) is a big, beautiful girl. Kris bought two of my favorites that day, and I cried when she left. I had since mostly gotten over it, but then she writes to tell me she has my beloved Kayoubi's only possibly-good egg...