Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,064

0 members and 1,064 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,218
Threads: 248,626
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Pmcclanahan1
  • 08-16-2013, 09:06 PM
    treeboa
    Re: News: 2 die in rock python attack
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mrkrec View Post

The guy they interviewed in the article is the same moron that claimed this guy had the snake legally. I don't know why they are still listening to him. He does not know what he is talking about.
  • 08-16-2013, 11:52 PM
    Dehlol
    Yeah... It's going to make a straight up vertical climb through a vent system.... Vents are pretty smooth metal, so this heavy bodied snake went 90 degrees straight up and didn't break any vent systems until above the room....

I'm going to guess either the following.

Carbon monoxide from the snake somehow falling (I haven't seen diagrams on how the vent system works, in case the snake DID get up there). OR

Double homicide, guy took out the fan, put a hole in the ceiling, , and placed the snake in the room before calling police to have a scape goat...

I'm willing to bet his vent system isn't even big enough to accommodate the snake either....

I keep getting grief about this from strangers who find out I keep large snakes, and I have to take 15 minutes to explain the logistics of exactly how impossible this stuff is...
  • 08-17-2013, 08:22 AM
    MarkS
    It's been touched on before but I think it's important to mention it again. If the cause of death is asphyxiation then it wasn't caused by constriction. Constriction from a snake that size doesn't just stop the lungs from working, it also stops the heart from pumping and the blood from circulating. Constriction from a snake that size is going to show up as cardiac arrest, not asphyxiation.
  • 08-18-2013, 12:53 AM
    ironpython
    I saw an article on Facebook it said they are calling it a murder investigation now, apparently the mother had made several calls to people talking about the snake as if to be establish an alibi and a snake expert told the police that they would have woken up up and there would be snake bite marks on the boys.

1.1 pastels, 1.0 lesser, 0.1 spider, 1.3 norm. 1.0 fire 0.1 RTB 0.0 sav. Mon.
  • 08-18-2013, 01:44 AM
    SquamishSerpents
    That is a false article with no sources, from Australia, no less.

People can we please stop beating this dead horse?

There is nothing left to question or speculate. Answers either will, or will not come out. Nobody knows. So wait patiently.
  • 08-19-2013, 12:27 AM
    Dehlol
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SquamishSerpents View Post
    That is a false article with no sources, from Australia, no less.

People can we please stop beating this dead horse?

There is nothing left to question or speculate. Answers either will, or will not come out. Nobody knows. So wait patiently.

Nobody knows? I know the snake alone was not what killed these kids, just like I know I have on a pair of shorts right now, and I know I just cleaned up a gallon of retic piss from my snake room floor.

Not a dead horse if people still are so naive to believe the snake actually did what is claimed. ;)
  • 08-19-2013, 12:45 AM
    SquamishSerpents
    News: 2 die in rock python attack
    I don't believe anything without facts present, which there are none of.
  • 08-19-2013, 10:46 AM
    sorraia
    Here's an article from the 17th (2 days ago). It touches on this case (while mostly talking about 40 ball pythons seized from a motel room), stating it is an ongoing criminal investigation.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/worl...icle-1.1429707

Another article, from the 12th, indicating ongoing criminal investigation:
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-br...-brampton.html

I can't find anything else on the matter.
  • 08-23-2013, 12:28 AM
    Kensa
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-br...ton-blood.html

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-br...oys-death.html

And it is a criminal investigation. Looks like the shop owner is at the very least being investigated for criminal negligence causing death.

Whether or not the snake did in fact asphyxiate those boys is a moot point in my opinion. The circumstances surrounding their deaths, as well as a few other news stories lately, may have a negative impact on our hobby, but we as a group need to unify instead of trying to redirect blame. The masses don't care that the vast majority of us can/do keep these pets responsibly, they only see the bad keepers that portray our hobby in a negative light.
  • 09-14-2013, 12:30 AM
    Bluebonnet Herp