Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,403

1 members and 2,402 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,170
Threads: 248,600
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, viersa
  • 07-10-2021, 01:31 PM
    jmcrook
    Re: So this happened yesterday....
    OP, you were also given some good advice in your first thread here exactly 2yrs ago on the subject of this animal.

https://ball-pythons.net/forums/show...-eating-snakes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 07-10-2021, 01:37 PM
    Bogertophis
  • 07-11-2021, 07:27 AM
    Gocntry
    Well, Uhh don't know what to say.

You guys are Absolutely Correct, that's 1st week on the forum learning stuff. I Should and Do know better than that.

I don't know where my mindset or judgement went too, or what I was thinking but it was totally Not Correct.

My Apologies for the complete lack of judgement in that action.

My Snake Deserves and Will receive better treatment from now on!

Thanks for the "Nudge" in the right direction, and to take the Corrective Action.
  • 07-11-2021, 09:38 AM
    Bogertophis
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Gocntry View Post
    Well, Uhh don't know what to say.

You guys are Absolutely Correct, that's 1st week on the forum learning stuff. I Should and Do know better than that.

I don't know where my mindset or judgement went too, or what I was thinking but it was totally Not Correct.

My Apologies for the complete lack of judgement in that action.

My Snake Deserves and Will receive better treatment from now on!

Thanks for the "Nudge" in the right direction, and to take the Corrective Action.

Well that took honesty & guts. :colbert2: We don't often hear many "oops, my bad" around here. Everyone makes mistakes too, just not always so public...;)
  • 07-28-2021, 05:45 PM
    Gocntry
    So he (assuming due to size) has a name also. He is now known as Worm.

I haven't touched or disturbed him since. I haven't seen him, and he still hasn't eaten.

But this morning my daughter saw this in his enclosure, verified eye caps and tail tip are on the shed.

Only opened enclosure to remove it. That would explain him hiding for a few weeks, Now maybe he will be hungry and eat an egg or two

I have button quail and coturnix quail eggs in there for size choosing. Working on getting finch eggs to if he wants something smaller.

https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...5678064062.jpg
  • 07-28-2021, 06:37 PM
    Bogertophis
    Nice update, let's hope he'll eat now. :gj:
  • 10-18-2021, 05:18 PM
    Gocntry
    As of today, still hasn't eaten for me :(,(3 months)

When I picked him up I was given the snake and 1/2 box of quail eggs. Did he eat the other 6?, that was not known. (local shelter adoption)

I haven't touched him at all, he is active at night and I can catch him moving around his enclosure.

he has shed once since I got him.

I have put button quail eggs, coturnix quail, and blue coturnix quail eggs in there for him. 1 week on, 1 week off.

I know in nature he would not eat, due to no eggs being laid.

My BP has went on food strike before for 6 months, but she's a lot bigger.

I don't want anything bad to happen in my care, so where do I go next?

Do I need to try to syringe feed him some egg? (never done that for any snake)

Just continue to let him alone? I am just unsure where to go next?

As with everybody else, I can get into my vet but it's a pain, and I don't want to disrupt him if he's just getting comfortable.

Thoughts from anybody??
  • 10-18-2021, 06:22 PM
    bcr229
    Given that most of these are WC, if he does have a bowel movement ask the vet if they will test for parasites without actually bringing in the snake. Some will, some won't.
  • 10-18-2021, 08:50 PM
    Erie_herps
    If you haven't changed the enclosure since the picture after you redid it, it might help to cover 3 sides for more security. Try feeding a fresh egg, rather than one refrigerated and reheated (I just read this in some care sheets), some local quail or finch breeders might be able to help with this.
    If you still can't get him to eat you could try moving him to a vertical enclosure, they're semi-arboreal/arboreal, an enclosure with more climbing opportunities will help.
  • 10-20-2021, 04:51 PM
    Gocntry
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
    Given that most of these are WC, if he does have a bowel movement ask the vet if they will test for parasites without actually bringing in the snake. Some will, some won't.

My local vet does this, they had me do it for the Boa I re-homed from CL.

I also have Stahl Exotic Vet (SEAVS) about 45 minutes from me if needed too.