Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,163

0 members and 2,163 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,162
Threads: 248,599
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Csr112
  • 11-19-2018, 07:58 PM
    67temp
    I feel bad that I haven't given him a name yet. Maybe once he is out of QT he will earn one. Currently my wife just calls him "Mr. Bitey Face". He recently got upgraded from a hatchling tub to a tank with more arboreal options.

https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...bde0a973_o.jpg

https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...14a6b9b3_o.jpg

https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...497cf597_o.jpg

https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...a23a902c_o.jpg
  • 11-19-2018, 07:59 PM
    Dianne
    Re: Axanthic IJ/Papuan carpet python
    He’s a beauty!
  • 11-28-2018, 05:52 PM
    Helonwheelz383
    Very nice! You mind me asking how much this fella set you back?
  • 11-28-2018, 07:32 PM
    67temp
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Helonwheelz383 View Post
    Very nice! You mind me asking how much this fella set you back?

Nope I don't mind. I feel these forums are here for open discussions.

When I was researching these to see if they were even feasible I was having a hard time finding any forsale or any that had already sold. They are a good bit harder to find than the axanthic coastals. The only price I could find was Paul Harris from Ukpythons. I think he had them listed at 600 pounds ($750). After I found out Eric was producing them I told my wife I was expecting this one to be roughly $800 but was budgeting to spend up to $1,200 if I needed to. I went through the process of getting on the waiting list, waiting for them to take meals and prove they were thriving, picked out the one I wanted, a bunch of emails back and forth discussing snakes, shipping dates and such. When the little guy was almost ready to get shipped out I realized we were missing part of the transaction. So one of my final emails had "btw I dont think we ever discussed cost and payment." When he told me the cost was $400 for that awesome looking little guy I was more than happy to send payment over right away.

Whats crazy is how much a double het axanthic granite is going for. I think a pair is currently around $1500 for non-visual morphs. The visuals of those are even more $$$ but really stellar looking.
  • 11-28-2018, 07:47 PM
    Helonwheelz383
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 67temp View Post
    Nope I don't mind. I feel these forums are here for open discussions.

When I was researching these to see if they were even feasible I was having a hard time finding any forsale or any that had already sold. They are a good bit harder to find than the axanthic coastals. The only price I could find was Paul Harris from Ukpythons. I think he had them listed at 600 pounds ($750). After I found out Eric was producing them I told my wife I was expecting this one to be roughly $800 but was budgeting to spend up to $1,200 if I needed to. I went through the process of getting on the waiting list, waiting for them to take meals and prove they were thriving, picked out the one I wanted, a bunch of emails back and forth discussing snakes, shipping dates and such. When the little guy was almost ready to get shipped out I realized we were missing part of the transaction. So one of my final emails had "btw I dont think we ever discussed cost and payment." When he told me the cost was $400 for that awesome looking little guy I was more than happy to send payment over right away.

Whats crazy is how much a double het axanthic granite is going for. I think a pair is currently around $1500 for non-visual morphs. The visuals of those are even more $$$ but really stellar looking.

Dang I'd say you did pretty good for $400. That Axanthic is to die for. I've been thinking about picking up a second noodle and just when I think I've made up my mind I see a post like this haha.
  • 12-03-2018, 06:10 AM
    67temp
    Sadly this thread won't be progressing any further. Last night when I was checking on everyone I found that he had passed. I'm pretty devastated as he looked normal and healthy when I checked on him earlier in the day.
  • 12-03-2018, 06:17 AM
    richardhind1972
    So sorry to hear that

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
  • 12-03-2018, 08:09 AM
    MR Snakes
    Quote:

Sadly this thread won't be progressing any further. Last night when I was checking on everyone I found that he had passed. I'm pretty devastated as he looked normal and healthy when I checked on him earlier in the day.

So sorry to hear. Good thoughts your way.
  • 12-03-2018, 08:17 AM
    MR Snakes
    Quote:

So being new here, what could've happened to such a young (and healthy looking) critter?
  • 12-05-2018, 08:29 AM
    67temp
    Quote:

Originally Posted by MR Snakes View Post
    So being new here, what could've happened to such a young (and healthy looking) critter?

I had a necropsy done and it appears to have been kidney related.