Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,221

4 members and 1,217 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,218
Threads: 248,626
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Pmcclanahan1
  • 01-29-2014, 11:10 PM
    MonkeyShuttle
    Re: California Python Breeder Arrested After 100s of Dead Pythons Found in Home
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sho220 View Post
    From what I've read, it seems he just got in over his head, combined with the fact that he lost his Mom a year or two ago...that can have a crushing effect on some folks...sad situation all around...for the snakes and Bill...

Totally agree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 01-29-2014, 11:16 PM
    Shann
    From the comments on many of the articles (once you get past all the stupid comments posted by people who think all snake keepers are "sick") it seems like he was very much loved and respected previously. I see lots of posts from families of his former students saying that he was a really great teacher, and introduced many kids to animals. This whole thing makes me very sad. I'm also very worried about what impact this could have, with exotic animals being such a hot topic at the moment.
  • 01-29-2014, 11:17 PM
    OhhWatALoser
    Ugh, he had so many cool dinker projects, some proved out, napalm, cajun, reaper. I was excited to see some of the other odd ball stuff prove out.

story makes it sound like a case of hoarding triggered by his mother's death, unfortunate.
  • 01-29-2014, 11:18 PM
    bcr229
    Not to excuse what this guy did, but grief can really mess you up mentally. I came close to really screwing up my life and family a few years back after my mom passed away. I didn't realize how badly I was affected. Fortunately my husband and some close friends encouraged me to get help before my life became a complete mess. It looks like this guy lived alone, so without support from others he probably just fell apart. Damned shame the snakes had to suffer also.
  • 01-29-2014, 11:19 PM
    sho220
    Quote:

Originally Posted by OhhWatALoser View Post
    story makes it sound like a case of hoarding triggered by his mother's death, unfortunate.

That's the impression I get as well...
  • 01-29-2014, 11:49 PM
    blackfish707
    Very sad. I agree, it does sound like he was a great member of the community just overwhelmed/overcome by the passing of his mother.
  • 01-30-2014, 12:56 AM
    gopherhockey03
    Ugh... makes me sick...
  • 01-30-2014, 01:12 AM
    DooLittle
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
    Not to excuse what this guy did, but grief can really mess you up mentally. I came close to really screwing up my life and family a few years back after my mom passed away. I didn't realize how badly I was affected. Fortunately my husband and some close friends encouraged me to get help before my life became a complete mess. It looks like this guy lived alone, so without support from others he probably just fell apart. Damned shame the snakes had to suffer also.

This ^ grief can be horrible. Especially without any support around you. Sad story all the way around. And it paints a terrible picture to the ignorant.
  • 01-30-2014, 02:20 AM
    Mr. Misha
    Re: Some Snake News out of Southern California
    This is really sad... I'm glad they're prosecuting this guy on criminal charges. It's crazy to me how people loose control.

I live 45 minutes from Santa Ana so maybe I'll see if I'd be able to adopt one...

Sent using Tapatalk
  • 01-30-2014, 02:31 AM
    CrystalRose
    USARK just posted on facebook about it. They said there are 186 that are alive. Over 200 dead. The live ones are being taken care of by the The Southern California Herpetology Association and Rescue. They also posted the donation page for the rescue for people to donate to the care of the remaining snakes. Very very sad situation.