Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,177

0 members and 2,177 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,394
Threads: 248,764
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, 316 Pythons
  • 06-08-2010, 05:24 PM
    guntersxr
    Re: Question regarding "de-venomizing" a snake
    i think cleveland and quagmire from family guy said it best. "sex with out potency is pointless, you take the venom from a cobra and what do you have? you have a belt."
  • 06-08-2010, 05:45 PM
    anthonym
    Not to be the devil's advocate or anything (well, I guess that's exactly what I'm being.. haha), but whenever these discussions come up about venomoids come up, I see nothing but terrible analogies and opinions masquerading as facts..

While I'm not a big fan of them myself, I'd really like to see better arguments made other than "Its like a gun without bullets" and its a cruel procedure. Yes, the backroom hack jobs are cruel procedures, but advancements this day and age provide for pretty damn humane surgeries when done correctly. I'd also like to see actual research data regarding the argument about them not being able to digest food. I've never actually seen solid data for or against this argument, and most every point everyone raises in these discussions, are pretty much just regurgitated info they've heard from someone else.

Like I said, I'm not saying this to argue for venomoids. But I really dislike ill formed arguments in any discussion. I enjoy hard data, not speculation :)
  • 06-08-2010, 05:54 PM
    guntersxr
    sorry if i offended you fella, didnt realize quoting something funny from a cartoon would get your panties in a bunch. my appologies.:tears:
  • 06-08-2010, 05:56 PM
    anthonym
    Quote:

Originally Posted by guntersxr View Post
    sorry if i offended you fella, didnt realize quoting something funny from a cartoon would get your panties in a bunch. my appologies.:tears:

haha, sorry, I wasn't singling anyone out. Sorry if it seemed that way. I'm just talking in general. :)
  • 06-11-2010, 03:49 PM
    Skiploder
    Quote:

Originally Posted by guntersxr View Post

Where did you get that you offended him? As far as I can tell, his answer didn't even address your analogy.

Were you hoping to offend him?

Anthony:

Studies have been done on digestions and venomoids - no appreciable difference.
  • 09-05-2010, 01:18 PM
    Bellabob
    Never, ever remove or "de-venomize" a snake. Its lethal for them.
  • 09-05-2010, 01:30 PM
    coldblooded
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Bellabob View Post
    Never, ever remove or "de-venomize" a snake. Its lethal for them.

What?

I'm not for devenomizing, but I have never heard of it being lethal for hots to be devenomized. (Disregarding the chance of infection after the surgery.)
    :confused:
  • 09-05-2010, 02:18 PM
    Sammy412
    Whether it affects digestion or it doesn't, it is cruel to alter an animal for a human's whim.....whether it is making a venomous a venomoid, or clipping ears on a dog......Cosmetic, no medical necessity. Leave things the way nature intended, and if people don't like it they can buy a nonven or a collie:)