Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,182

2 members and 2,180 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,408
Threads: 248,769
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, WheezyS
  • 04-05-2018, 05:37 PM
    AbsoluteApril
    Re: What's your fav grunge band?
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Ax01 View Post
    have u been to Rudy's Can't Fail, the diner next to The Fox Theater in downtown Oakland? it's co-owned by Mike Dirnt of Green Day and named after The Clash song. my office was up the street on Thomas L. Berkeley Way (20th Ave) and we used to go there sometimes.

No, I haven't been there but I've been to the Fox a few times. I met Mike and Billie at the first BFD in '94, my bf at that time was an acquaintance of theirs from before they hit it big. Wish we had phones that would take pictures back then!
    I usually avoid Oakland if I can (heheh) Was the diner any good?
  • 04-05-2018, 05:51 PM
    Ax01
    Quote:

have u been to Rudy's Can't Fail, the diner next to The Fox Theater in downtown Oakland? it's co-owned by Mike Dirnt of Green Day and named after The Clash song. my office was up the street on Thomas L. Berkeley Way (20th Ave) and we used to go there sometimes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
    No, I haven't been there but I've been to the Fox a few times. I met Mike and Billie at the first BFD in '94, my bf at that time was an acquaintance of theirs from before they hit it big. Wish we had phones that would take pictures back then!
    I usually avoid Oakland if I can (heheh) Was the diner any good?

that's so cool u met them in '94. i think Tre Cool is the coolest of the trio tho. the diner is good but nothing special. they have a blackened catfish that i liked - u can have it in a sammich, salad or w/ fries. haha yeah Oakland is truely The Wild West. i do really, really miss The Bay!

Edit: ok for the grunge fans: did u also wear flannel and Doc Martens, etc?
  • 04-05-2018, 06:29 PM
    rlditmars
    My youngest daughter's name is Allison Layne so I'll let you guess who is my favorite.

That said Chris Cornell had the best rock voice, next to Robert Plant, of all time. "Ten" is one of those albums that I can play the whole thing without skipping a song. And I love the "Unplugged" version of Man who Sold the World.

Besides the Grunge factor of the movie, Bridgette and Kyra were quite the lookers then too.
  • 04-05-2018, 07:38 PM
    Ax01
    Quote:

Originally Posted by rlditmars View Post
    My youngest daughter's name is Allison Layne so I'll let you guess who is my favorite.

That said Chris Cornell had the best rock voice, next to Robert Plant, of all time. "Ten" is one of those albums that I can play the whole thing without skipping a song. And I love the "Unplugged" version of Man who Sold the World.

Besides the Grunge factor of the movie, Bridgette and Kyra were quite the lookers then too.

love that one too! but isn't Kurt plugged in on that one? the opening guitar riff that's played throughout. it's electrified right? or he at least has some pedals and/or effects going on. (someone who actually plays may be abel to explain more)
  • 04-05-2018, 07:47 PM
    hilabeans
    Quote:

Edit: ok for the grunge fans: did u also wear flannel and Doc Martens, etc?

Duh. I had 3 pairs in all until I decided Docs were sellout and lame, then I moved on to Gripfast.
  • 04-05-2018, 09:23 PM
    Sunnieskys
    You know I can't choose, being born and raised in Seattle lol.
  • 04-05-2018, 11:32 PM
    Godzilla78
    What's your fav grunge band?
    Soundgarden, nirvana, pearljam.
    Cant decide, they All have good songs that have that emotive angst and angry distorted grunge guitars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 04-05-2018, 11:37 PM
    Godzilla78
    https://youtu.be/sNh-iw7gsuI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 04-06-2018, 12:13 AM
    Dxw425
    I’d have to say tie between bush and nirvana
  • 04-06-2018, 01:02 AM
    Sonny1318
    Alice In Chains and Soundgarden all the way. But I have to give Nirvana props too.