Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,381

1 members and 2,380 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,178
Threads: 248,609
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, turntechgodhead

The Burm Has Landed!

Printable View

• 12-01-2017, 01:29 PM
    dylan815
    Re: The Burm Has Landed!
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    I hear ya. A burm is a little too much snake for me. I really want to keep anything i get around the 10 ft mark. I was really considering getting a male mainland retic as i really like pied retics and there is no super dwarf to them yet.

GO for it man!
  • 12-01-2017, 01:34 PM
    Sauzo
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dylan815 View Post
    GO for it man!

Well first off, i need to pony up the $2000 for one hahaha. Just ordered another Herpstat 6 from the sale and like i said, i would have to triple check the parents' size but anyways, back to the burm. You need to start a progression thread for the worm lol.
  • 12-01-2017, 01:36 PM
    BallPythonWannaBe
    Im not sure if I understand this right. Are reticulated pythons smaller than Burmese Pythons??
  • 12-01-2017, 01:36 PM
    dylan815
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    Well first off, i need to pony up the $2000 for one hahaha. Just ordered another Herpstat 6 from the sale and like i said, i would have to triple check the parents' size but anyways, back to the burm. You need to start a progression thread for the worm lol.

Oh yeah, heres a nice looking female for less than 2K. https://new-england-reptile.myshopif...ale-pied-retic

i should start a progress thread for my retic, that would be fun to see.
  • 12-01-2017, 01:41 PM
    Godzilla78
    Quote:

Originally Posted by BallPythonWannaBe View Post
    Im not sure if I understand this right. Are reticulated pythons smaller than Burmese Pythons??

I believe Reticulated are longer, but Burmese are heavier built
  • 12-01-2017, 01:43 PM
    dylan815
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Godzilla78 View Post
    I believe Reticulated are longer, but Burmese are heavier built

Agreed!
  • 12-01-2017, 01:54 PM
    C.Marie
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dkatz4 View Post
    Funny story with the name. My wife, who is not a snake fancier but it's none-the-less the greatest woman on earth for letting me pursue my hobby, made me concede to let the kids and her name the snake as something of a compromise.
    With that in mind, there is a strong possibility that this majestic giant, will be called Dr. Waffles
    I'm trying to convince my five-year-old that we should call him SpongeBurm ScalePants. 🙄

Great minds think alike my son named his poodle PierreLaPoodlePants lol both are great names love it :D
  • 12-01-2017, 02:33 PM
    dkatz4
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ShaneSilva View Post
    Hey you finally got one! Congrats! We got the same morph. How's his attitude?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

So far he's a bit cage defensive (and very vocal) but super sweet once in hand. Although i wont really be holding for a a few more days to let him acclimate. He took a couple of pops at me; once when i had him on the table for the size picture, and once while i was trying to get him out of my little holding bin and into his actual enclosure. But while i was handling him he was super easy, just sat in my hand then cruised up my arm and discovered the almighty neck warmth, lol. Once on my shoulder he wrapped his tail around a shirt button and i actually had to work him for like 5 straight minutes to get him to come down.

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...0f&oe=5A94F9E0
  • 12-01-2017, 04:34 PM
    Sauzo
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dkatz4 View Post
    So far he's a bit cage defensive (and very vocal) but super sweet once in hand. Although i wont really be holding for a a few more days to let him acclimate. He took a couple of pops at me; once when i had him on the table for the size picture, and once while i was trying to get him out of my little holding bin and into his actual enclosure. But while i was handling him he was super easy, just sat in my hand then cruised up my arm and discovered the almighty neck warmth, lol. Once on my shoulder he wrapped his tail around a shirt button and i actually had to work him for like 5 straight minutes to get him to come down.

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...0f&oe=5A94F9E0

I remember the days when Caesar was that small *tears up* :D
  • 12-01-2017, 04:38 PM
    LadyCalypso
    Amazingly beautiful critter there