Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,017

1 members and 3,016 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,172
Threads: 248,600
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Ro55y5
  • 08-08-2022, 01:29 PM
    Bogertophis
    She's looking great! And enjoying a sun-bath- :D
  • 03-27-2023, 09:34 AM
    Nick_MD
    Nearing the 4 year mark this Aug. Moving her closer to a 3 week feeding schedule on small rats. I'm thinking her back third is just a little chunky, but curious what you all think. She's up to ~1,200g.

https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...om/qKUuXkY.jpg

https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...om/YS9Jyss.jpg
  • 03-27-2023, 12:55 PM
    bcr229
    Re: Lyssa - new Tarahumara Boa
    She's looking great!
  • 03-27-2023, 02:47 PM
    Caitlin
    Beautiful girl, and it's nice to see her enjoying the sun. To my eye she looks a wee bit chunky but maybe that's just me. My two are also coming up on 4 years old in July, so our snakes are really close in age. But mine are also on the small side even for dwarf boas - neither has quite hit the 3' mark yet. They're being fed at roughly 14-day intervals (with some variance depending on behavior and what their last meal was) and they are mainly on weaned rats or occasionally just a large mouse. So maybe I'm underfeeding, but I think/hope they look good?

This is Frida who had just asked to come out of her enclosure and is in the process of putting herself into her favorite activity area.

[IMG]https://ball-pythons.net/gallery/fil...h_april_22.jpg[/IMG]
  • 03-28-2023, 09:59 AM
    Nick_MD
    Caitlin, your girl Frida looks good to me. I love her coloration. Is that just natural variety in the Tarahumaras or is something else contributing to that? My girl is so much darker brown (with some pinks the pics don't capture well).

I'm going to keep Lyssa on the small rats as they're the perfect size for her. I probably should have increased the feeding schedule when I graduated her rat size, but I'll keep her to 3 weeks and see if she trims up a bit. I feel she might be on the upper end of the dwarf spectrum as she's a bit heavier and thicker than I expected. Amuses me that she's the largest I have for now, but will eventually be the smallest.
  • 03-28-2023, 11:18 AM
    Caitlin
    Re: Lyssa - new Tarahumara Boa
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick_MD View Post
    Caitlin, your girl Frida looks good to me. I love her coloration. Is that just natural variety in the Tarahumaras or is something else contributing to that? My girl is so much darker brown (with some pinks the pics don't capture well).

My understanding is that this is just the natural variation in Tarahumara appearances - both of mine are very silvery with a lot of pink and peach tones along their sides, and I've seen their colors ranging from that all the way to the lovely mocha colors of your Lyssa. They're such great snakes and such a nice size for handling.