Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,185

2 members and 1,183 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,218
Threads: 248,626
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Pmcclanahan1
  • 09-08-2018, 02:07 PM
    jmcrook
    Re: Gerald Super Dwarf Ultra Ivory Retic Progression
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyrivers View Post
    I'd have to take a couple days off of work to do the road trip I have a pet store you could ship into probably want me to check

Sent from my N9560 using Tapatalk

That would be ideal but as I just said, I can’t ship. Not FedEx certified. He’s too heavy for Ship Your Reptiles. If you want to make the drive let me know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 09-08-2018, 02:07 PM
    Skyrivers
    I just checked it is legal to ship a reticulated python to Texas

• 09-08-2018, 03:02 PM
    Skyrivers
    Ups said they will ship him. Let me know if you need address.

• 09-08-2018, 03:14 PM
    jmcrook
    Quote:

Ups said they will ship him. Let me know if you need address.

That’s strange because their website expressly says that they will not ship snakes of any sort...

• 09-08-2018, 03:16 PM
    Skyrivers
    Call your local UPS main hub they will give you a quote
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jmcrook View Post
    That’s strange because their website expressly says that they will not ship snakes of any sort...

• 09-08-2018, 03:41 PM
    jmcrook
    Quote:

Call your local UPS main hub they will give you a quote

Regardless, as I’ve said, I’m not shipping. Also just now have someone offering to come get him tomorrow.

• 09-08-2018, 03:44 PM
    Skyrivers
    Awesome
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jmcrook View Post
    Regardless, as I’ve said, I’m not shipping. Also just now have someone offering to come get him tomorrow.

• 09-08-2018, 10:01 PM
    Sauzo
    I might be wrong but i believe JM would have to Delta Dash Gerald. I think UPS and FedEx have weight restrictions which is why you have to ship large cages via freight as well as really large constrictors. Plus the cost to ship FedEx or UPS would probably be a ton of cash. Think Delta Dash is $100. That is how i would have to have a Gila or Beaded shipped to me when i last checked but thats for venomous.

And are you sure that anyone can ship retics to Texas? Last i heard, only those grandfathered in with USARK could ship to Texas as well as certain breeders. Thought it only applied to Texas, Florida and NY.

I'm really surprised no one wants to buy Gerald. I had like 4 people interested in Caesar and I believe Gerald is a more expensive morph. Maybe try and offer him up at a 'steal' price if you really need him gone asap. I would consider it but I really dont have room for another 8 foot snake. And of course this only applies if the guy who interested falls through.
  • 09-08-2018, 10:50 PM
    jmcrook
    Gerald Super Dwarf Ultra Ivory Retic Progression
    I don’t even care about money at this point. The value of my sanity cannot be quantified in dollars. The sooner I can relax and breath again the better, even if I give him away.
    I think at the time of either of our purchases Gerald might have been a little pricier but there’s a fair number of platinum and platinum related SD morphs out there and being an incomplete dominant trait it doesn’t seem to hold the same market value as a recessive morph like any of the albino strains.
    All I know at this point is that I’m very done with having to armor my torso and arms every time I have to change the damn paper in his cage, which is like twice a day anymore. You can’t even try to touch him when cleaning or he lashes out and thrashes about the entire cage and comes lunging out the door

• 09-08-2018, 10:58 PM
    Skyrivers
    I was told anyone can ship to texas
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    I might be wrong but i believe JM would have to Delta Dash Gerald. I think UPS and FedEx have weight restrictions which is why you have to ship large cages via freight as well as really large constrictors. Plus the cost to ship FedEx or UPS would probably be a ton of cash. Think Delta Dash is $100. That is how i would have to have a Gila or Beaded shipped to me when i last checked but thats for venomous.

And are you sure that anyone can ship retics to Texas? Last i heard, only those grandfathered in with USARK could ship to Texas as well as certain breeders. Thought it only applied to Texas, Florida and NY.

I'm really surprised no one wants to buy Gerald. I had like 4 people interested in Caesar and I believe Gerald is a more expensive morph. Maybe try and offer him up at a 'steal' price if you really need him gone asap. I would consider it but I really dont have room for another 8 foot snake. And of course this only applies if the guy who interested falls through.