Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,919

1 members and 1,918 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,393
Threads: 248,764
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, bananas_momma

Big News Coming Tomorrow!

Printable View

• 07-11-2013, 11:41 PM
    paulbuckley
    Re: Big News Coming Tomorrow!
    i see desert in these two snakes... granted the citrus is harder, but both have a look thats very promising to me. i've produced maybe 30 deserts the past few years - i realize that does not make me an expert, but from what i've witnessed on my own, i like what i see. i may be proven wrong, but i hope not. good luck guys and thanks for posting. exciting stuff.
  • 07-12-2013, 06:27 PM
    Mike41793
    Big News Coming Tomorrow!
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Marrissa View Post
    This is what Family Reptiles posted about sharing this information.

Yea i get that they're withholding some of the details... I just wanna know where the got the snake from though. It doesn't look like a desert to me either.
  • 07-12-2013, 08:56 PM
    MisterKyte
    Quote:

Originally Posted by asplundii View Post
    Identity of the snake notwithstanding I think people need to consider a few things before making the claim that this is an absolute game changer for the morph. But first, a small point of clarification -- I do not know why everyone is under the impression that these eggs will not hatch. The issues with Desert females looks to be associated with the development/progress of the eggs inside the female. Once the eggs are out there should be no issues with them.

That is a very apt observation that a lot of people probably should take into consideration here.

As for me, having no experience with the Desert morph, I am personally inclined to trust the judgement of Amir and the OP but if things turn out to not be what they see, well, it'll be disappointing but I'm certain both parties would be willing to work towards a solution.

I'm cautiously excited about these females from both the OP and Family Reptiles for a number of reasons (copycat breedings, flukes, endangerment of animals, etc. etc.) and yeah, these probably should have totally been sat on before they were posted since I think a lot of the "negative nancies" are just concerned about this abruptly coming out of the woodwork. Personally, I think that this is something maybe even should have been kept on the DL until after the clutch was hatched out, Desert females raised, and proved to also be viable or not but that's just me. Breeding of Desert females, although not always fatal, is something that I think we can all agree on should be approached with the utmost caution. That being said, if this for whatever reason results in a line of fertile Desert females, I'd back it 100%. Here's hoping to you, OP! And you to Family Reptiles! Let's hope both these girls turn the tide.
  • 07-13-2013, 09:22 PM
    TessadasExotics
    Congrats if this proves to be true. Even if it is proven to be true, it's gona take some years before we can see if the females from the clutches have issues or not, and then their clutches afterwards.
    So many Genetic experts and phenomenal attitudes on this site.

Haters gona hate, no matter what.
  • 07-15-2013, 08:18 AM
    Annarose15
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike41793 View Post
    Yea i get that they're withholding some of the details... I just wanna know where the got the snake from though. It doesn't look like a desert to me either.

I met the Family Reptiles folks at the Columbia Repticon this past weekend. They seem like very nice folks who are eager to share their learnings with the BP community, ONCE they have hatchlings thriving and have had a chance to collaborate with others in their situation to see what changes in methods seem most likely to have impacted their success so far. I also saw quite a few more pictures of their female on eggs, and don't doubt from those that she's a desert. Bear in mind that pics snapped while a female is laying are typically in horrible lighting with a shaky hand (I know I would be shaking if I just found that clutch!). I think we as a community can hold our collective breath for a few more weeks (or months, heaven forbid), and then all of our questions will be answered to the best of the OP's and other's abilities.
  • 07-15-2013, 12:27 PM
    Bruceweb
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Annarose15 View Post
    I met the Family Reptiles folks at the Columbia Repticon this past weekend. They seem like very nice folks who are eager to share their learnings with the BP community, ONCE they have hatchlings thriving and have had a chance to collaborate with others in their situation to see what changes in methods seem most likely to have impacted their success so far. I also saw quite a few more pictures of their female on eggs, and don't doubt from those that she's a desert. Bear in mind that pics snapped while a female is laying are typically in horrible lighting with a shaky hand (I know I would be shaking if I just found that clutch!). I think we as a community can hold our collective breath for a few more weeks (or months, heaven forbid), and then all of our questions will be answered to the best of the OP's and other's abilities.

Another couple of clutches have been announced today in the UK..I wonder how many others arpund the globe have had successful pairings..the negativity by some will not help others come forward..its a shame
  • 07-15-2013, 12:29 PM
    Kodieh
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruceweb View Post
    Another couple of clutches have been announced today in the UK..I wonder how many others arpund the globe have had successful pairings..the negativity by some will not help others come forward..its a shame

Hey, it's snowing in Cuba.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  • 07-15-2013, 12:32 PM
    Bruceweb
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Annarose15 View Post

Another couple of clutches have been announced today in the UK..I wonder how many others around the globe have had successful pairings..the negativity by some will not help others come forward..its a shame..I am proud to be one of the stupid trolls that has point blankly refuse to be brow beaten into accepting the opinions of others on the net that have continually regurgitated others opinions despite the fact that no one knows what has been the issue..people should think for themselfs rather than follow the pack..just my opinion of course

All the best to every one that has had a result breeding their females..its been great news
  • 07-15-2013, 12:42 PM
    Bruceweb
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Kodieh View Post
    Hey, it's snowing in Cuba.

Apparently they arent far off hatching so I guess we will see eh!...I guess YOU would believe its snowing in Cuba if others were to tell you so..personaly I take every thing on the net with a pinch of salt lol!
  • 07-15-2013, 12:46 PM
    Kodieh
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruceweb View Post
    Apparently they arent far off hatching so I guess we will see eh!...I guess YOU would believe its snowing in Cuba if others were to tell you so..personaly I take every thing on the net with a pinch of salt lol!

Quite the contrary, I'm highly skeptical of this.