Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,870

0 members and 1,870 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,162
Threads: 248,599
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Csr112
  • 11-09-2017, 05:33 PM
    zina10
    Re: How to Setup a Glass Tank (20 long) With Pictures!
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tttaylorrr View Post
    i noticed this, too. i saved all the photos on my phone just in case anyone ever needed them.

That is awesome !!

Not sure how this could be done, perhaps the permission of the OP needs to be asked ? And then the pictures hosted elsewhere ? And a administrator might be able to re-insert them?

Would be great if it could be done, this is such an important sticky !!
  • 11-09-2017, 05:35 PM
    JodanOrNoDan
    The pictures are a victim of the "cloud". Photo bucket changed something and those images are no longer reachable. This is always a possibility when people link to something that is outside the hosting of this site. The only other alternative would be to store all the images locally to this site which incurs cost in disk space so it may not be feasible for the owners. On the sites I host I do not allow outside linking. All images must be on my systems so this problem is avoided.
  • 11-09-2017, 05:36 PM
    tttaylorrr
    Quote:

Originally Posted by zina10 View Post
    That is awesome !!

Not sure how this could be done, perhaps the permission of the OP needs to be asked ? And then the pictures hosted elsewhere ? And a administrator might be able to re-insert them?

Would be great if it could be done, this is such an important sticky !!

i might work on re-posing the OP with the photos through Tapatalk when i get home later.
  • 11-09-2017, 05:43 PM
    SDA
    Thankfully you can click the image placeholder and it will show the image. All that needs to be done is update the hosting site. Imgur has been around for years now and is funded in part by reddit. It is designed to be linked.

Here is the user page for this thread

http://s1186.photobucket.com/user/Th...?sort=3&page=1
  • 11-09-2017, 07:32 PM
    PitOnTheProwl
    Yep photobucket SUCKS!!
  • 11-09-2017, 07:48 PM
    Zincubus
    TapaTalk is fabulous for uploading photos easily and quickly AND it's a free app

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • 11-09-2017, 10:56 PM
    Eric Alan
    Quote:

Originally Posted by PitOnTheProwl View Post
    Yep photobucket SUCKS!!

Yep. Didn't used to. Now - worse than Hoover.
  • 11-09-2017, 10:57 PM
    tttaylorrr
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tttaylorrr View Post
    i might work on re-posing the OP with the photos through Tapatalk when i get home later.

gona have to be this weekend [emoji21]
  • 11-09-2017, 11:04 PM
    zina10
    I'll be happy if it happens in time. It's a great link to send new keepers too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 11-10-2017, 12:50 AM
    Ss laser
    Wow what a great thread. I am a newbie so bare with me. Just doing research to get my daughter and I a pet BP.

Couple things that come to mind with tanks heat and humidity. Is the room temp the tank is in. This concerns me as we like a cool house in the Pa winter at 68. And I can see humidity a issue depending on how dry the room is also or at least play a small role. Same for the summer time with the AC. And these factors will change depending on location and preferences to room temp.

Another thought I have or maybe is common knowledge. Is with a red bulb heat lamp. The bulb watts is going to be another factor to play with. Depending on tank overall size and depth really changing the radiant heat. So too small a bulb in a large tank or deep tank could cause both temp and humidity issues. Same type of issue with a larger wattage bulb in a "normal" shallow tank (20L) or smaller temporary tank for the new baby BP.

The best info in this thread is the water source with a large surface area and moving it to control humidity. Also the wet towel idea! I always had humidity problems with my daughters hermit crabs! Temp was good with the lamp on but a little struggle with just a heat lamp. Temps fell to far at night. This thread and site has taught me how to correct all those problems! Some foil wrap with a larger water bowl and a UTH with stat would have corrected everything. So I now have a ton more confidence in setting up a home for a new BP! Sorry for the long reply! Thanks all!