Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,168

3 members and 1,165 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,218
Threads: 248,626
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Pmcclanahan1
  • 07-29-2018, 02:52 PM
    Sauzo
    Re: Gerald Super Dwarf Ultra Ivory Retic Progression
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jmcrook View Post
    Yeah we’ll see what Mark says about 8x30x18. I’d imagine it’s pretty comparable pvc to AP cages. I’ll for sure update if/when I go through with anything.
    Might have to bump Gerald up to two jumbos per feeding soon. Jumbo doesn’t even really leave a bump anymore. If I tried to let either of my retics go without food for as long as Caesar just went I’m certain they’d tear their faces off of their skulls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I'm rather surprised Caesar lasted as long as he did. He just started being torublesome last night so i'm guessing 3-4 weeks is his limit before he lets you know.
  • 08-17-2018, 01:12 AM
    jmcrook
    Gerald is the filthiest snake I’ve ever kept. Came home to a completely poo painted cage the past two days. He knows when I’ve made a full cleaning of his enclosure and this is his way of saying thanks...
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...da2b0153dd.jpg
    I only hope he’s feeling less creative with his bowel movements once he’s in the 6’ cage... that’s a lot more to clean up

• 08-17-2018, 02:40 AM
    Dxw425
    Had to do ANOTHER full scrub down with sonny before work today. Does it make me a bad person that I saw this and chuckled since I’m not the only one going through it?
  • 08-17-2018, 08:28 AM
    KevinK
    Quote:

Gerald is the filthiest snake I’ve ever kept. Came home to a completely poo painted cage the past two days. He knows when I’ve made a full cleaning of his enclosure and this is his way of saying thanks...
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...da2b0153dd.jpg
    I only hope he’s feeling less creative with his bowel movements once he’s in the 6’ cage... that’s a lot more to clean up

I don't know why but I think the nickname of "Dirty Jerry" kind of has a nice ring to it :D
  • 08-17-2018, 11:18 AM
    jmcrook
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Dxw425 View Post
    Had to do ANOTHER full scrub down with sonny before work today. Does it make me a bad person that I saw this and chuckled since I’m not the only one going through it?

Get used to it man! The joy of keeping retics. It’s the the gift that keeps on pooping...

• 08-17-2018, 12:29 PM
    Reinz
    Quote:

https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...da2b0153dd.jpg

I feel ya man. Sometimes my 7 and 8 foot Carpets will whitewash their cage with Urates. Which I find harder to clean than 💩.
  • 08-17-2018, 12:34 PM
    jmcrook
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Reinz View Post
    I feel ya man. Sometimes my 7 and 8 foot Carpets will whitewash their cage with Urates. Which I find harder to clean than [emoji90].

Urates are definitely way harder to clean. Especially if you don’t find the mess until after it’s dried... ugh.

• 08-17-2018, 12:42 PM
    Reinz
    Quote:

Urates are definitely way harder to clean. Especially if you don’t find the mess until after it’s dried... ugh.

Haha, yeah I swear that one time as soon as I left the snake room at bedtime, my Jungle in the 4x4 cage let loose on the top shelf, painted it, the wall and Urates running down the 4 ft wall got painted, and the bottom self as well!

And of course the next day was busy and i didn’t do my normal morning check until late afternoon. I didn’t think I’d ever get those stains out! There is still some in areas of the sealant that I can’t get out without stripping and resealing. :mad:
  • 08-17-2018, 01:36 PM
    jmcrook
    Quote:

Originally Posted by KevinK View Post
    I don't know why but I think the nickname of "Dirty Jerry" kind of has a nice ring to it :D

I usually just call him “poop noodle” but I like the sound of dirty jerry haha

• 08-17-2018, 03:03 PM
    Reinz
    Quote:

I usually just call him “poop noodle” but I like the sound of dirty jerry haha

Sounds like a good name. :D