Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 974

1 members and 973 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,218
Threads: 248,626
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Pmcclanahan1

Big News Coming Tomorrow!

Printable View

• 07-08-2013, 09:54 PM
    Family Reptiles
    Desert Female
  • 07-08-2013, 09:57 PM
    MasonC2K
    This thread:

Tease. Anticipation. Tease
    Excitement.
    Cautious optimism.
    Pessimism. Pessimism. Pessimism.
    Optimistic confirmation.
    Speculative inquisition.
    Aggressive speculative statement.
    Rebuttal. Rebuttal. Rebuttal.
    Curious optimism.
  • 07-08-2013, 09:57 PM
    Family Reptiles
    Re: Big News Coming Tomorrow!
    Another picture of the female on eggs. Sorry I didn't add a message to the picture I just posted. She was bred to a pinstripe male. She is back on food and doing very well. Eggs are due to pip around 8/2/13. Certainly no guarantee that everything is going to go perfectly, but so far it is looking good.
  • 07-08-2013, 10:06 PM
    Xaila
    Interesting stuff for sure. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread ;) I'm not gonna get my hopes up about what it might mean for the future of Deserts though.
  • 07-08-2013, 10:13 PM
    Mike41793
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Family Reptiles View Post
    Another picture of the female on eggs. Sorry I didn't add a message to the picture I just posted. She was bred to a pinstripe male. She is back on food and doing very well. Eggs are due to pip around 8/2/13. Certainly no guarantee that everything is going to go perfectly, but so far it is looking good.

Who'd you buy that female from?
  • 07-08-2013, 10:55 PM
    majorleaguereptiles
    Quote:

Originally Posted by MasonC2K View Post
    This thread:

Tease. Anticipation. Tease
    Excitement.
    Cautious optimism.
    Pessimism. Pessimism. Pessimism.
    Optimistic confirmation.
    Speculative inquisition.
    Aggressive speculative statement.
    Rebuttal. Rebuttal. Rebuttal.
    Curious optimism.

Haha I love this! Very true and I might be in some of that. :)
  • 07-08-2013, 11:45 PM
    Robyn@SYR
    I thought Family Reptiles sounded familiar. They had the table next to us at the Daytona show.

Chad told me today that he spent a couple of hours at the show chatting them up all about the Desert project and his breeding strategies. Temps, feeding, cycling, weights, pairing, etc.

I don't know if that paid a key role in their success, but I am glad to see it!
  • 07-08-2013, 11:51 PM
    joebad976
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Family Reptiles View Post

Thanks for posting, in an earlier post you had mentioned other breeders with deserts on eggs. You think it would be possible to get them to post on this thread as well? Are the other breeders also in Florida?

Would be nice to see some additional positive news. Good luck, it is going to be a long 25 day wait.
  • 07-09-2013, 12:15 AM
    Family Reptiles
    Robyn, yes we were. That was the first show we did.
  • 07-09-2013, 01:01 AM
    Cross Exotics
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bubblz View Post
    Routing for the snake and the op and I also would have waited until the eggs hatched. This would have been less of an issue if you already had the evidence to back it up with. There are less disputes and nahsayers when all the proof you need is right there. Which is why most people working on projects and proving animals out keep it hush hush until they have the offspring to verify it. Hopefully lesson learned for some, some times a little patience goes a long way.

Lesson learned to a degree, 1/3 - Female Desert laying and living = complete, 2/3 - Viable eggs in incubator = complete, 3/3 - :snake::snake::snake::snake::snake::snake: hatchlings = counting the days. :D

Glass 2/3 full in my opinion and glad to share this with you. :) Looking forward to the news from the others as well.

~ Joe