Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,092

0 members and 2,092 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,393
Threads: 248,764
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, bananas_momma

Big News Coming Tomorrow!

Printable View

• 07-08-2013, 08:03 AM
    tikigator
    Subbing :)
  • 07-08-2013, 08:36 AM
    Bigswol
    Subscribing.. this has been one of the most interesting threads I have read on here in awhile.
  • 07-08-2013, 08:50 AM
    grcforce327
    Re: Desert On Eggs
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Family Reptiles View Post

Hey,that's not a desert!!!http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/s...aughing025.gif

Kinda looks like my 1600gr female desert! I think mine is brighter. Going to have to shoot a pic to compare.
  • 07-08-2013, 08:52 AM
    jben
    Re: Big News Coming Tomorrow!
    IMHO, I don't think the OP prematurely jumped the gun. He purchased a citrus desert that ended up giving him eggs, who would not want to share that excitement, I know I would've done the same thing.

Sent from my EVO Design using Tapatalk 2.
  • 07-08-2013, 10:01 AM
    lightpied
    Quote:

Thanks for sharing, do you have any more info on her?(sorry if I missed info, long thread)
  • 07-08-2013, 10:20 AM
    Rickys_Reptiles
    Once upon a time a wild Ball Python produced a freak baby, a Ball Python with an odd pattern. Not sure how many thousands of Ball Pythons were produced before that happened.

Once upon a time a Desert Ball Python produced a viable cutch. Not sure how many hundreds of Ball Pythons had to die before that happened.
  • 07-08-2013, 03:55 PM
    Herpenthusiast3
    Quote:

Originally Posted by rabernet View Post
    perhaps it's your delivery that needs work.

It's fine to disagree, and we all get it now from almost every single post here that you are a proud card carrying non-sheeple. :)

x2
  • 07-08-2013, 06:38 PM
    heylookitsjon
    Quote:

This is Mike from Family Reptiles here in Lakeland, FL. Congratulations on your Desert clutch. Scott and Elizabeth, the owners of Family Reptiles, also have a viable clutch of eggs from a Desert female currently in the incubator and it is due to pip in a couple weeks. We also know of a few other breeders that have viable desert clutches and we are all trying to compare notes as to what factors may have been involved in the success. If you are willing, Scott would love to chat.

Hey, I'm excited for you guys! I got my cinny female from Scott, and I couldn't be happier.

To the OP: SUBBING. I have to know when this clutch hatches! Good luck.

To everyone arguing: Nah, not gonna get involved. Just gonna sit back and wait for pictures of baby snakes.

Praying to the Ball Gods that everyone's desert clutches come out good!
  • 07-08-2013, 09:27 PM
    Jake Milbradt
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jben View Post
    IMHO, I don't think the OP prematurely jumped the gun. He purchased a citrus desert that ended up giving him eggs, who would not want to share that excitement, I know I would've done the same thing.

Sent from my EVO Design using Tapatalk 2.

Anyone on here would have done the same thing. Like I said before, he paid $1900 for the snake. I'm sure he wasn't questioning whether or not it was a desert. He might be questioning it now, but that's a different discussion.
  • 07-08-2013, 09:51 PM
    bubblz
    Routing for the snake and the op and I also would have waited until the eggs hatched. This would have been less of an issue if you already had the evidence to back it up with. There are less disputes and nahsayers when all the proof you need is right there. Which is why most people working on projects and proving animals out keep it hush hush until they have the offspring to verify it. Hopefully lesson learned for some, some times a little patience goes a long way.