Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,181

1 members and 2,180 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,405
Threads: 248,766
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Miramiraonthewa11
  • 01-28-2021, 02:36 PM
    EL-Ziggy
    Re: 2020 0.1 Jungle Carpet Python
    She’s stunning Crook! That apple won’t fall far from the tree!! Congrats again on the lovely new critter. MM4L
  • 01-28-2021, 03:33 PM
    Bogertophis
    Re: 2020 0.1 Jungle Carpet Python
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jmcrook View Post
    I forgot to put “Progression” at the end of the thread title. If a mod sees this, could y’all change that for me. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Done! :cool: For some reason, it's only changed on the first page. Best I can do.
  • 01-28-2021, 05:23 PM
    Gio
    Well, well, well,,,,,

This is a nice little thread to visit today.

Congrats sir!

Electric yellows involved in that beauty's color scheme.
  • 01-28-2021, 05:46 PM
    jmcrook
    2020 0.1 Jungle Carpet Python Progression
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    Well, well, well,,,,,

This is a nice little thread to visit today.

Congrats sir!

Electric yellows involved in that beauty's color scheme.

Yeah, sold a bunch of artwork in the last couple months and decided I’d treat myself to a late Christmas gift. Might need to invest in some shades with how she seems to be coloring up.

Not the same kind of lineage as Nick’s stock, as there are some undocumented animals in this snakes background, but I decided I needed a classic screaming yellow and black jungle here and this girl quickly grabbed my attention from the moment I saw her.

While she can’t be verifiably be labeled as “pure” m.s.cheynei she most certainly can be labeled as “pure badass!” Hah! Love her either way already. Probably attempt first feed tonight if she’s out on her perches again.

Almost texted you a pick and decided I’d let you find a surprise thread from me [emoji41]

• 01-29-2021, 12:01 AM
    jmcrook
    Re: 2020 0.1 Jungle Carpet Python Progression
    First rat fuzzy down the hatch [emoji817]

• 01-29-2021, 12:32 AM
    Bogertophis
    Woo-Hoo! :gj: :dance::pinkele::banana:
  • 01-29-2021, 04:34 PM
    Gio
    Quote:

Yeah, sold a bunch of artwork in the last couple months and decided I’d treat myself to a late Christmas gift. Might need to invest in some shades with how she seems to be coloring up.

Not the same kind of lineage as Nick’s stock, as there are some undocumented animals in this snakes background, but I decided I needed a classic screaming yellow and black jungle here and this girl quickly grabbed my attention from the moment I saw her.

While she can’t be verifiably be labeled as “pure” m.s.cheynei she most certainly can be labeled as “pure badass!” Hah! Love her either way already. Probably attempt first feed tonight if she’s out on her perches again.

Almost texted you a pick and decided I’d let you find a surprise thread from me [emoji41]

Nothing wrong with something not 100% pure!

One of my favorites is a total mutt.

My little cup of joy back in 2014 sure didn't look pure coastal.
    https://i.imgur.com/mc9NJ4h.jpg

I picked her because she was so colorful.
    https://i.imgur.com/VFhEvTm.jpg

Nothing like your neon light show, but still neat.

A carpet in any mixer, mutt form is usually pretty cool.

Think you scored once again, and she'll look really nice in one of your AP cages.

I'll forgive you for not texting me LOL!
  • 01-29-2021, 09:39 PM
    jmcrook
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    Nothing wrong with something not 100% pure!

One of my favorites is a total mutt.

My little cup of joy back in 2014 sure didn't look pure coastal.
    https://i.imgur.com/mc9NJ4h.jpg

I picked her because she was so colorful.
    https://i.imgur.com/VFhEvTm.jpg

Nothing like your neon light show, but still neat.

A carpet in any mixer, mutt form is usually pretty cool.

Think you scored once again, and she'll look really nice in one of your AP cages.

I'll forgive you for not texting me LOL!

Nothing wrong at all with non pure! Your Jewel is a great example. Jungle type colors combined with a sort of diamond/coastal intergrade pattern. She’s a stunner for sure.

It’s also possible that my girl ~could be pure Cheynei, but without documentation for every animal in her pedigree it can’t be verified and as such wouldn’t be ethical to label her or any potential offspring down the road, should she be bred, as pure jungles.

Love seeing that pic of your girl in her cup. I know I’ll miss all of my carpets being that size once they’re bigger, but also can’t wait to see them with some decent size on them.

• 01-29-2021, 09:51 PM
    Kam
    Congratulations!

• 01-31-2021, 06:33 PM
    Gio
    Quote:

Nothing wrong at all with non pure! Your Jewel is a great example. Jungle type colors combined with a sort of diamond/coastal intergrade pattern. She’s a stunner for sure.

It’s also possible that my girl ~could be pure Cheynei, but without documentation for every animal in her pedigree it can’t be verified and as such wouldn’t be ethical to label her or any potential offspring down the road, should she be bred, as pure jungles.

Love seeing that pic of your girl in her cup. I know I’ll miss all of my carpets being that size once they’re bigger, but also can’t wait to see them with some decent size on them.

I kind of miss the small sizes too. The skin is so soft when they are young.

Judging by the parents of your girl, I think a few sheds down the road you are going to see electrical yellows.

Thanks for reminding me that Jewel could have a splash of diamond in her. I know Nick said one of the parents had "some" diamond traits, but he was speculating.

I'm waiting on the new book. I know Nick mentioned jungle and coastal sharing the same DNA and there was some discussion that a jungle could be a northern locale of coastal.

In any event, I think you just need a Bredli and you'll be pretty close to The Complete Carpet Python keeper.

Might as well buy another cage LOL!