Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,432

1 members and 2,431 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,172
Threads: 248,602
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Ro55y5

Is Major a normal?

Printable View

• 11-08-2017, 12:00 PM
    PythonBabes
    Yup pastel, bright green eyes.
  • 11-08-2017, 12:01 PM
    Eric Alan
    Re: Is Major a normal?
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Stocksy View Post
    I have heard that it is difficult to know if a BP is het pied or not. I hear about "tram lines" on the tail, but i'm not sure what they look like. How can i find out? I don't have the guys number who i bought him off.

You can post a picture of his belly towards the tail end and we can help point them out to you (if they are there).

Realistically, the "tram lines" (or "train tracks") are not a guarantee of anything. Both het Pieds and non-het Pieds are capable of showing these same markers. Seeing them would make me feel better about the animal I bought as a Normal het Pied though. :)
  • 11-08-2017, 01:15 PM
    Stocksy
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric Alan View Post
    You can post a picture of his belly towards the tail end and we can help point them out to you (if they are there).

Realistically, the "tram lines" (or "train tracks") are not a guarantee of anything. Both het Pieds and non-het Pieds are capable of showing these same markers. Seeing them would make me feel better about the animal I bought as a Normal het Pied though. :)

I will get a pic up later.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
  • 11-08-2017, 05:16 PM
    dr del
    Pastel I'd say too.

Did you but the spider from the same seller? If not we really need to talk about your quarantine routine **winces**
  • 11-08-2017, 05:37 PM
    Stocksy
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dr del [emoji173
    ️;2573820]Pastel I'd say too.

Did you but the spider from the same seller? If not we really need to talk about your quarantine routine **winces**

No i didn't. I have had Kia a good few months now. Quarentine routine?

• 11-08-2017, 05:39 PM
    JodanOrNoDan
    Yes quarantine. They shouldn't be near each other for about three months. An oops can cost vet bills is the four digit range.
  • 11-08-2017, 05:43 PM
    Stocksy
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JodanOrNoDan View Post
    Yes quarantine. They shouldn't be near each other for about three months. An oops can cost vet bills is the four digit range.

That was only the 2nd time they have been close to each other like that. I always take them out and handle them one at a time. I wash my hands before and inbetween each handle too.

• 11-08-2017, 05:53 PM
    JodanOrNoDan
    Washing your hands is good. Use a disinfectant on your hands as well. Do not share anything including tools between the two enclosures. Ideally they should not even be in the same room. Reptile metabolisms are very slow. It can take months for an illness to show up. Many collectors have two entirely different environments. One for the permanent collection another for quarantine.
  • 11-08-2017, 06:07 PM
    Stocksy
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JodanOrNoDan View Post
    Washing your hands is good. Use a disinfectant on your hands as well. Do not share anything including tools between the two enclosures. Ideally they should not even be in the same room. Reptile metabolisms are very slow. It can take months for an illness to show up. Many collectors have to entirely different environments. One for the permanent collection another for quarantine.

I use the same spray on my hands that i clean their RUBs out with. Nothing is shared between them. Not even the water i wash their stuff in. They are in seperate rooms, but i'm hoping to covert a cupboard into a reptile den.

• 11-08-2017, 06:20 PM
    JodanOrNoDan
    Sounds like you are doing the right thing, just don't have them near each other or crawling over the same surfaces.