Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,284

1 members and 2,283 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,162
Threads: 248,599
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Csr112

Zelda themed hides!

Printable View

• 07-16-2017, 05:22 PM
    MissterDog
    Re: Zelda themed hides!
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Booper View Post
    That's so cool! I was thinking I wanted to make a hobbit-themed viv and make some hobbit hole hides, but now I also want a Zelda themed viv!

Oooh Hobbit themed sounds amazing! I'd love to see that! Of course I'd also love to see more Zelda themed vivs too :P Please totally share if you ever do either!
  • 07-16-2017, 05:23 PM
    MissterDog
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Reinz View Post
    Very cool and creative! :)

Brings back many fond memories of my daughter and I playing Zelda together in the 80's and 90's. :)

Thank you! Glad I could bring back some nostalgia! Which Zelda games did you two play together?
  • 07-16-2017, 05:32 PM
    Reinz
    Quote:

Originally Posted by MissterDog View Post
    Thank you! Glad I could bring back some nostalgia! Which Zelda games did you two play together?

Yes, we played together and we would figure out how to complete levels and beat bosses, and eventually beat the games.

I had to quit playing when games went 3D because they give me vertigo. But she still plays and beats them.

She also says that she still prefers the old school role play games.
  • 07-16-2017, 06:50 PM
    Miranda2
    Did you coat it with any kind of polyurathane?
    I looked up the apoxie on amazon and its not too bad price wise, 34 dollars for 4lbs. I am def. going to be getting some.
    Ive been wanting to find a Tiki for a jungle themed tank. Now I can just make one.
  • 07-16-2017, 07:36 PM
    EL-Ziggy
    Great hides and very nice work! I need a couple of XLs please. :)
  • 07-16-2017, 08:06 PM
    MissterDog
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Miranda2 View Post
    Did you coat it with any kind of polyurathane?
    I looked up the apoxie on amazon and its not too bad price wise, 34 dollars for 4lbs. I am def. going to be getting some.
    Ive been wanting to find a Tiki for a jungle themed tank. Now I can just make one.

I used Minwax polycrylic water based protective finish :)

You can also get it in spray form, I'd recommend getting either clear satin or clear matt finish so it's not as shiny. I did notice that it will sometimes lift off acrylic paint if you're brushing it on, so I used either the spray version first or used clear, acrylic medium before applying the Minwax. Just keep in mind it's water resistant and not water proof. The apoxie itself however, is very waterproof!

Apoxie is definitely worth trying out! You can also get a 1lb pack if you just want to sample it. For the hides I made I definitely needed the 4lbs!
  • 07-16-2017, 08:19 PM
    PokeyTheNinja
    I'm with Ziggy. When do I get mine? :P
  • 07-24-2017, 07:12 PM
    MissterDog
  • 07-24-2017, 07:25 PM
    redshepherd
    they are SO GOODS
  • 09-20-2017, 01:08 PM
    Godzilla78
    Just found this thread...Awesome! Great art you made there and they look practical as well.