Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,827

1 members and 1,826 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,392
Threads: 248,763
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, ball-o-rama
  • 01-29-2014, 09:45 PM
    Archimedes
    Re: California Python Breeder Arrested After 100s of Dead Pythons Found in Home
    This is very upsetting. These are the kinds of stories that make our families worry when they hear that the hobbyist in their family is using racks/getting more than just one snake.

Sent from my warm hide using Tapatalk
  • 01-29-2014, 10:10 PM
    Mephibosheth1
    Why does our hobby seem to attract so many nut-cases?? It's bad for our image!!:rage::rage:
  • 01-29-2014, 10:39 PM
    sho220
    Looks like he may be a member here http://ball-pythons.net/gallery/brow...imageuser=7237

From Bill Buchmans profile page...
    My Collection:WAY TOO MANY!!! ALL BALL PYTHONS!!!

Yeah...ya think?
  • 01-29-2014, 10:45 PM
    MonkeyShuttle
    Im sure this is hyped up a lot. He may have had a few dead and some as the report say's BONES so starving snakes which is horrible but the majority of the queues seem to be coming from people who cry abuse because you keep a snake in a rack system. Like no
    actual number of dead snakes just actual how many he had total... Hmmm. And the one quote "the majority of them are GOING to be dead". Come on really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 01-29-2014, 10:50 PM
    sho220
    Quote:

Originally Posted by MonkeyShuttle View Post
    Im sure this is hyped up a lot. He may have had a few dead and some as the report say's BONES so starving snakes which is horrible but the majority of the queues seem to be coming from people who cry abuse because you keep a snake in a rack system. Like no
    actual number of dead snakes just actual how many he had total... Hmmm. And the one quote "the majority of them are GOING to be dead". Come on really.

Did you not flip through the photo gallery??? Or read the comments from neighbors???
  • 01-29-2014, 10:53 PM
    DNACurtusK
    That is just TERRIBLE. If I'm not mistaken.....is this the High End Herps Bill Buchman?? I read a long BOI thread on him before on Fauna....if this is the same guy....people thought he was dead? Not sure if this is the same person.
  • 01-29-2014, 11:04 PM
    MonkeyShuttle
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sho220 View Post
    Did you not flip through the photo gallery??? Or read the comments from neighbors???

Belay my last!!!!!

• 01-29-2014, 11:08 PM
    sho220
    Quote:

Originally Posted by MonkeyShuttle View Post
    Belay my last!!!!!

From what I've read, it seems he just got in over his head, combined with the fact that he lost his Mom a year or two ago...that can have a crushing effect on some folks...sad situation all around...for the snakes and Bill...
  • 01-29-2014, 11:08 PM
    bcr229
  • 01-29-2014, 11:09 PM
    OctagonGecko729
    By his thanked posts here and the replies on the article it looks like this guy was liked by both our community and his community in SoCal. Last activity here was in December 2012. Tends to be how stuff like this happens, people fall out of contact and then you see them on some strange/tragic news story. I always find it strange how no one was around to intervene before things get this bad. Did the guy have no one he could go to for support? Really sucks all around.