Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,060

1 members and 2,059 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,408
Threads: 248,770
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, WheezyS
  • 10-19-2007, 06:15 PM
    ADEE
    Re: What do you feed your crestie?
    hallo gets the crested gecko diet only... i have offered the crickets and even meal worms and hes uninterested and i have to fish them out of his enclosure.
  • 07-01-2008, 10:45 PM
    Envied Reptiles
    I have well over a houndred cresteds and the vast majority have eaten noting but crested gecko diet for years. On a rare occasion I will feed hatchlings/ juvis crickets and or roaches , but this is a rarety and only done for a few exceptional animals that I am trying to put weight on.

But, yes they can survive and thrive on c.g.d. alone , Ive raised hatchling to breeding adults feeding them nothing but c.g.d. , and I only feed my colony every third day.
  • 07-01-2008, 10:47 PM
    Envied Reptiles
    Should have double checked the dates on the post, didnt realize this was so old, somehow it showed up on the "current topics" thing, whoops.:)
  • 07-14-2008, 08:04 PM
    djansen
    mine get cgd in baby food and crickets every once in a while.

One of my geckos actually attacks the spoon lol.
  • 07-14-2008, 09:18 PM
    crusher
    my pair eat repashy 2 part diet and get crickets when the pet store has ones there that are actually still good. i usually go and theyre all smashed and stuff.... pisses me off but they seem to love the repashy.
  • 07-14-2008, 09:19 PM
    crusher
    whoops sorry i forgot that this is not supposed to have foul language.
  • 10-03-2008, 09:01 PM
    dr del
    Hi Crusher,

You have about 9 minutes to edit any post that you make - and if anything triggers the censors it is fairly important to do so as it is an infractable offense.

Since it was within time I edited this one for you. :)

After this it's the frozen salmon. :fishslap: :P

dr del
  • 10-03-2008, 10:12 PM
    Colin Vestrand
    mine simply love CGD so much that there's not much reason to feed them crickets... i do every now and then just for fun, but i don't do so on a regular basis.
  • 10-04-2008, 06:19 AM
    SilverWolf
    For my past Crested Geckos I was mainly feeding CGD with a few crickets here and there. I was not going to feed anything but CGD to my new little baby but it has been showing an interest in wanting them. My boyfriend has been wiggling his finger by his enclosure and the little gecko has been leaping at him like he was trying to catch it. So either it wants some crickets or it's just an attack crestie. :D I'll probably get some pin heads today to see what happens.
  • 10-29-2008, 02:39 AM
    sweetcheeks
    I just got my crestie a few days ago..... but for now its just the Repashy CGD. When I go to petsmart I'll start looking for pinhead crickets cause it's too small for anything bigger IMO. So i'll probably feed crickets once a month or something just as a treat.