Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,228

1 members and 2,227 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,395
Threads: 248,765
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Boons
  • 09-28-2022, 09:58 AM
    Homebody
    Re: Onix the Central African Rock Python
    Quote:

Originally Posted by YungRasputin View Post
    i have a small clip from our first handling sesh but when I tried to upload it it wouldn’t let me and idk how to convert it ...

I found this old thread with instructions on how to post video, but I haven't tried it myself. I'm anxious to see your beautiful boy in action.
  • 09-28-2022, 10:50 AM
    Albert Clark
    I couldn’t believe how many African Rock Pythons are available on Morphmarket. I’m really tempted but have to stay in control. Did Onix come from the Bob Clark collection? Lol.
  • 09-28-2022, 05:58 PM
    YungRasputin
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Albert Clark View Post
    I couldn’t believe how many African Rock Pythons are available on Morphmarket. I’m really tempted but have to stay in control. Did Onix come from the Bob Clark collection? Lol.

no, i actually have a friend who breeds them and they gave me pick of the litter - been wanting something from Bob for awhile but at present the stars haven’t aligned - not trying to be a “bad influence” but imo the key is finding a specimen with small genetics then using sexual dimorphism to your advantage eg: Onix’s mum is 12 feet, his dad is 9 feet, Onix is male so from all that i can assume 8-10 feet, max 11
  • 09-28-2022, 05:59 PM
    YungRasputin
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Homebody View Post
    I found this old thread with instructions on how to post video, but I haven't tried it myself. I'm anxious to see your beautiful boy in action.

i’ll have to give it a looksie! many thanks!
  • 11-23-2022, 12:08 PM
    YungRasputin
    haven’t recorded anything yet still however since it’s been a couple months thought i would give update: i have been holding him nearly everyday since making this post and he’s still been as chill and delightful - absolutely zero problems in this respect - throughout this entire time he’s at most hissed at me 1 time because he just didn’t want to be held that day but that’s been it

he’s actually 1 of my most favorite to hold because he’s so reliably and consistently friendly
  • 11-23-2022, 12:14 PM
    YungRasputin
    also noting that their growth rate is p fast it seems
  • 01-02-2023, 08:35 PM
    YungRasputin
    not the greatest pic since *someone* decided to be bashful at the last minute and hide half their body lol but little Onix has doubled in size since the first post! (better pix forthcoming)

https://ball-pythons.net/gallery/fil...2b1be34b5.jpeg
  • 01-02-2023, 08:48 PM
    Bogertophis
    I love his patterns & coloration- 'shy' doesn't hide any of that.
  • 01-02-2023, 09:00 PM
    YungRasputin
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    I love his patterns & coloration- 'shy' doesn't hide any of that.

awe ty! me too! and the background of his lineage according to my personal friend who breeds them is his line is 100% normal - not even Albino or patternless - so it’s just 100% the pure beauty of the species

and the background on the pic is - when i first approached his enclosure he was giving me signs that he was up for handling but i noticed his water seemed low and he was soaking his tail in the dish so i decided to top him off but apparently pouring water on his tail was an offense because he gave a short hiss and then got bashful lmao he’s real funny like that
  • 01-02-2023, 09:31 PM
    Bogertophis
    Quote:

Originally Posted by YungRasputin View Post
    awe ty! me too! and the background of his lineage according to my personal friend who breeds them is his line is 100% normal - not even Albino or patternless - so it’s just 100% the pure beauty of the species

and the background on the pic is - when i first approached his enclosure he was giving me signs that he was up for handling but i noticed his water seemed low and he was soaking his tail in the dish so i decided to top him off but apparently pouring water on his tail was an offense because he gave a short hiss and then got bashful lmao he’s real funny like that

As I often say, "nature" gets it right- the natural beauty that survives is what I like too.

I can see where pouring water on his tail would be annoying- :rofl: And snakes never consider that was our best alternative for the situation, they're just so ungrateful...:D