Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,470

1 members and 2,469 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,405
Threads: 248,767
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Miramiraonthewa11

Yingarna the Bredli

Printable View

• 02-04-2016, 03:56 PM
    Reinz
    She sounds like a cool snake, and looking great as well!

Enjoyed the pics. :)
  • 02-04-2016, 05:44 PM
    Prognathodon
    Re: Yingarna the Bredli
    She is great. One thing I find interesting is how she doesn't use her tail, vs. Bruce the JCP: When she's cruising around her cage or out exploring she very rarely holds on with it. Bruce, OTOH, usually has a loop as a safety line.

My husband was teasing me the other day about having more pictures of the dogs and snakes than our (adult) son. My excuse is that the snakes don't care if you take their picture, but it's also the ease of pulling out the phone or tablet, plus they're just plain photogenic.

Sent using software and hardware
  • 02-04-2016, 08:38 PM
    Firemaniv
    They will eat everything in the house like teenage kids!
    The 1st pic is awesome, she has an eye on you.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk
  • 02-04-2016, 09:51 PM
    EL-Ziggy
    Ying is a real beauty Prog. That's some pretty impressive growth too.
  • 02-05-2016, 12:42 AM
    EL-Ziggy
    @ Prog and Fire- Do you all feed your carpets a diverse diet or rats exclusively?
  • 02-05-2016, 11:26 AM
    Reinz
    Yingarna the Bredli
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Prognathodon View Post
    She is great. One thing I find interesting is how she doesn't use her tail, vs. Bruce the JCP: When she's cruising around her cage or out exploring she very rarely holds on with it. Bruce, OTOH, usually has a loop as a safety line.

My husband was teasing me the other day about having more pictures of the dogs and snakes than our (adult) son. My excuse is that the snakes don't care if you take their picture, but it's also the ease of pulling out the phone or tablet, plus they're just plain photogenic.

All three of my Coastals and my Jungle use their tails as life support.

My Boas usually do also except when climbing vertical. Then they use their tails like a foot to stabilize on and push upwards. Come to think of it, my BP does this as well.

Etta, Coastal Carpet
    http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...4f731f6a91.jpg

Lizzy, Coastal Carpet
    http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...08b363be89.jpg

Esmarelda, Jungle Carpet
    http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...3016471c73.jpg

Mack the Knife, Coastal Carpet
    http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...ee9f454807.jpg

Elenore, BCI Boa
    Using tail to push off of
    http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...0cfe5dff2f.jpg
  • 02-05-2016, 11:35 AM
    Prognathodon
    Rats, and the occasional mouse leftover when one of the smaller snakes refuses. She's got a great feed response, if she refuses a normal feeding she's either deep in shed or something is capital-W Wrong.

Got home last night and discovered Ying was blue. Grumble grumble grumble, the other big girls (BP and a corn) just ate Tuesday so wouldn't be interested in Ying's rat. She was out on her branch, so I tried zombie-dancing the rat on her - took a couple/few strikes, but she got it.

Her growth has snuck up on me; it's hard to believe she's grown that much. She's currently feeding every 5 days, and we try to err a smidge on the small side and let them grow slowly.

• 02-09-2016, 11:34 PM
    Firemaniv
    Quote:

Originally Posted by EL-Ziggy View Post
    @ Prog and Fire- Do you all feed your carpets a diverse diet or rats exclusively?

Large rats normally and medium rats when the ball python refuses it. I have not double fed since going to large rats even though I think she would take 2 larges if offered.

• 02-10-2016, 12:17 AM
    DennisM
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Firemaniv View Post
    They will eat everything in the house like teenage kids!

Hmmm… recent threads have me thinking about adding bredli to my collection. Not sure I can afford another mouth to feed that eats as much as that teenager does!
  • 02-11-2016, 03:09 PM
    Prognathodon
    Called Animal Plastics and ordered Yingarna a new cage today - a T12, which is 48" X 24" X 24" tall (and an A20, which is 36" tall, for the VBB). I ordered it with the basking shelf, and I think I may get some (pseudo-) slate tile to put on the shelf. Because I don't spoil my snakes, nope nope nope! [emoji4]

The hard part now is waiting the 10 weeks (or longer - son's skink cage got caught in delays on their end, hopefully ships this week).

Still waiting for Ying to shed - her eyes cleared a couple days ago. I'd like to get some good pictures of her freshly-shed.