Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,230

2 members and 2,228 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,394
Threads: 248,764
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, 316 Pythons

Thorny Devils

Printable View

• 05-24-2007, 03:41 AM
    steveo
    Re: Thorny Devils
    you lucky sob wildlifewarrior , i didnt see any at all when i was out there :(
    cool photo mate
    and yeah i suspected they must of been smuggled in or something as Australia will not export any lizards/reptiles at all , which i tend to agree with
  • 05-24-2007, 10:27 AM
    Jcapicy
  • 05-24-2007, 02:11 PM
    steveo
    Ive read it that ace guy sounded dodgy lol
    thing is people think all they eat is ants..they dont, in the wild maybe as food is scarce in there habitat , the trio i saw being kept fed on small crickets and ants etc its true they eat a HELL of alot thats the reason she swapped them back then for a pair of GTP'S , also even thou Australia has VERY strict rules on there flora/fauna regarding exports ie NOTHING gets out (which i think is totally correct ) and most of the time its true BUT animals do get smuggled out from time to time thats where Bearded Dragons originaly came from smuggled WC's now there all captive bred but the original animals were smuggled into different countries way back
    people in the know can get hold of any animal they wish which i think is wrong tbh but sh@t happens :(
  • 05-24-2007, 02:44 PM
    Gooseman
    Quote:

Originally Posted by steveo
    Ive read it that ace guy sounded dodgy lol
    thing is people think all they eat is ants..they dont, in the wild maybe as food is scarce in there habitat , the trio i saw being kept fed on small crickets and ants etc its true they eat a HELL of alot thats the reason she swapped them back then for a pair of GTP'S , also even thou Australia has VERY strict rules on there flora/fauna regarding exports ie NOTHING gets out (which i think is totally correct ) and most of the time its true BUT animals do get smuggled out from time to time thats where Bearded Dragons originaly came from smuggled WC's now there all captive bred but the original animals were smuggled into different countries way back
    people in the know can get hold of any animal they wish which i think is wrong tbh but sh@t happens :(

Yup, just look at our borders....:salute:
  • 05-24-2007, 03:38 PM
    Sputnik
    Quote:

Originally Posted by xdeus
    I doubt if many zoos have them. They will apparently eat only a certain type of ant found in their region, so unless a zoo can sustain a large ant colony they won't last very long.

They are cool! :)
  • 05-24-2007, 04:38 PM
    wildlifewarrior
    Quote:

Originally Posted by steveo
    you lucky sob wildlifewarrior , i didnt see any at all when i was out there :(
    cool photo mate

Thanks man, i have better still pics but these were the ones my girlfriend took. Yea i was driving up the West Coast from Perth to Exmouth, i was sittin shotty in a bus of 22 chattin with the driver about everything. I mentioned i love herps pulled out my field guide and said "I would love to find these" pointing to the Moloch's pic, he was like o you wanna see one look for a horse shoe in the road. So i kept lookin finally we found one!! It is a herpetologist's dream! she was AWSOME!! beautiful face, awsome colors!!

steveo where were you at? I was based outta Fremantle, (near perth) WA

~mike
  • 05-26-2007, 04:07 PM
    steveo
    Im thinking about going back to Austrailia again in the near future , the last time i was there i spent my time travelling through the east coast from sydney up to cairns i landed in Cairns then had to travel down to Brisbane for a month of conservation work ( that was great fun brilliant team i was in) , when i finished my work i flew down to sydney and travelled through most of the east coast on the way back up to Cairns to fly home. It was the best 3 months of my life out there :) (made a point after sydney of staying away from the cities though , so glad i did the outback rules) :rockon:
  • 05-27-2007, 01:38 PM
    Pork Chops N' Corn Bread
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JBallPython
    I don't think any exist in US collections...besides zoos maybe. The australians like to bogart their local wildlife.:(

Hmmmm. Maybe thats why we don't have masses of wild Aussie animals in the glades.

They are pretty cool but I don't see anyone legally getting them in the US anytime soon