Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,183

1 members and 2,182 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,408
Threads: 248,769
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, WheezyS
  • 06-24-2011, 01:13 PM
    kitedemon
    I think they are beautiful critters but I just can't get close to one out in the open, if I have a bunch of solid wood between me and the legs I am fine but out in the open is scary, my fear spooks the horse too so it gets ten times worse. My sister has 3 horses and I am working on getting better. I semi trust one of them... it is start I guess.
  • 06-24-2011, 01:27 PM
    ed4281
    Re: are there any animals you dont like or are fearful of?
    Spiders and horses.
  • 06-24-2011, 01:27 PM
    djansen
    Dogs, large and small.
  • 06-24-2011, 01:55 PM
    ballpythonluvr
    I am very fearful of spiders. I had one bite me in the leg and it put a nice little wound and hole in my leg that would not heal for weeks. I am afraid of bees too because I am allergic to them.
  • 06-24-2011, 01:55 PM
    Teacher's Pet
    For me, it's spiders. I have gotten less phobic over the years, but even seeing a picture of one makes my hands sweat. My brain takes longer to recognize it's a picture than my nervous system needs to panic!

As far as not liking an animal, I do get irritated with the thousands of crows who caw-caw-caw at 5:30 in the morning, and again at 5:30 at night. It's like they all know to meet in the trees outside my windows for the twice daily cacophony. Shuddup!!
  • 06-24-2011, 02:04 PM
    Kinra
    I hate bugs of any kind. To me they are super creepy and everyone I saw that to is surprised... just because I like reptiles does not mean I like bugs! >_<

I also can't stand most birds and rodents. I like birds of prey and hope to some day fulfill a dream of being licensed to practice falconry but I hate parrots and most of the birds you can get at pet stores. Just like people can't understand why I keep snakes I can't understand why people like parrots. They are nosy and messy and sometimes really mean. As for the rodents, I kept hamsters and gerbils as a kid and it just never seemed to work out for me. Rodent bites suck.
  • 06-24-2011, 02:06 PM
    J.Coils
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Kinra View Post
    I hate bugs of any kind. To me they are super creepy and everyone I saw that to is surprised... just because I like reptiles does not mean I like bugs! >_<

I also can't stand most birds and rodents. I like birds of prey and hope to some day fulfill a dream of being licensed to practice falconry but I hate parrots and most of the birds you can get at pet stores. Just like people can't understand why I keep snakes I can't understand why people like parrots. They are nosy and messy and sometimes really mean. As for the rodents, I kept hamsters and gerbils as a kid and it just never seemed to work out for me. Rodent bites suck.

yes..rodent bites are terrible..much worse than any snake bite i've ever had
  • 06-24-2011, 02:15 PM
    Amon Ra Reptiles
    The only thing that bothers me (Becky) really is maggots. Dont know why because that can't hurt me but omg I can't handle maggots....
  • 06-24-2011, 02:22 PM
    J.Coils
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottNBecky View Post
    The only thing that bothers me (Becky) really is maggots. Dont know why because that can't hurt me but omg I can't handle maggots....

lol yeah i agree with that..maggots are gross..a group of maggots fell on my hand once some years ago and..well i didnt take it well at all...i was working at walmart and some had got into a can of busted dog food that i was stocking..i reacted badly
  • 06-24-2011, 02:37 PM
    mommanessy247
    i have a good 'ol list of creature phobias

maggots,
    bees,
    wasps,
    most spiders-especially widows,
    scorpions &
    pit bulls.

non-creature phobias -

escalators,
    heights,
    the ocean,
    deep ends of pools,
    flying,
    the idea of ever driving &
    riding in the car
    ever since our car crash in california. it was minor but our car sustained about $3k in damage & i was injured a little when i braced just before impact.
    this is why i still do not have a license & really would do just fine without one. i have alot of emotional issues that would pose a great risk to myself & those around me & i'm not too keen on that idea at all :colbert:.