Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,121

4 members and 2,117 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,394
Threads: 248,765
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, 316 Pythons
  • 07-23-2012, 08:55 PM
    kdreptiles
    So sorry this happened. I lost one of my first babies after two weeks of incubation... It wasn't nearly that developed but it was still sad, and I can't imagine dealing with a full-term baby death. :(:(
  • 07-23-2012, 11:09 PM
    angllady2
    My heart goes out to you darling.

I know you've seen my thread about my fire clutch, but this makes me grateful I was fortunate enough that none of mine died.

It's so hard to have to deal with something like this. We all know going in to breeding things can go wrong, but we all like to say "It won't happen to me." I think it is critical to show people that breeding these snakes is not all cute babies and cool morphs. There is hard work and sometimes heartbreak. It is not to be taken lightly.

Gale
  • 07-23-2012, 11:38 PM
    mues155
    Quote:

Originally Posted by angllady2 View Post
    My heart goes out to you darling.

I know you've seen my thread about my fire clutch, but this makes me grateful I was fortunate enough that none of mine died.

It's so hard to have to deal with something like this. We all know going in to breeding things can go wrong, but we all like to say "It won't happen to me." I think it is critical to show people that breeding these snakes is not all cute babies and cool morphs. There is hard work and sometimes heartbreak. It is not to be taken lightly.

Gale

I couldn't agree more!

Thanks guys for all of your support.

On a happy note my first lesser is out of the egg now. Cute as can be! I'll post pictures of him in a less depressing thread.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  • 07-24-2012, 12:40 AM
    gsarchie
    Sorry about your little ones, but if nothing else it will help you to appreciate the survivors even more. Best of luck next year.
  • 07-24-2012, 12:43 AM
    PitOnTheProwl
    Sorry to hear of the losses, it really sucks and wont get easier.
    It is a part of doing what we all love.
    I am dreading the day I will have to cull a hatchling:confusd:
  • 07-24-2012, 12:56 AM
    John1982
    I'm sorry this happened to you and your little ones. Best of luck with the rest and I look forward to seeing 8 healthy babies soon.
  • 07-24-2012, 01:24 AM
    heathers*bps
    I swear the same thing happened with me on my first clutch this year!! All the eggs caved in really bad, and out of 4 eggs, 1 lived. All the 3 babies that passed were super tiny, and one had an umblical cord wrapped around it. :(

I am sorry for your loss. I hope that the others are ok.
  • 07-24-2012, 01:35 AM
    WingedWolfPsion
    You can do everything absolutely right, but they aren't always all 'meant' to make it. Things like this simply aren't that uncommon, and will happen to every breeder at some point. You will see a great deal more of this if you make a practice of cutting the eggs--if they weren't cut, those eggs would simply have failed to hatch, and would have gone bad.
    Cutting them gives us a window into what went wrong, but it can be shocking to see, at times.
  • 07-24-2012, 02:57 AM
    Sama
    Sorry you lost some of your babies = (
  • 07-24-2012, 03:37 AM
    Navy
    Luckily, I've only lost one baby. But it's always hard.
    I'm sorry you lost them, but I'm sure there are plenty more healthy babies to come in the future.