Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,191

1 members and 1,190 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,222
Threads: 248,631
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Langdon
  • 03-17-2008, 11:44 AM
    Texas Dan
    Re: How long can you leave stuck shed?
    Quote:

Originally Posted by starmom View Post
    yeah, and your snake likes his tail.... :weirdface

Lol, i'm kidding. I wouldn't do anything without knowing if it was good or bad for my snake. I love the little guy.
  • 03-17-2008, 11:55 AM
    starmom
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Skoalbasher View Post
    Lol, i'm kidding. I wouldn't do anything without knowing if it was good or bad for my snake. I love the little guy.

Oh for goodness sake~ don't do that to me in the morning!!!!! :rolleye2:
  • 03-17-2008, 12:14 PM
    missi182
    haha, thats what the winks are for silly!!!
  • 03-17-2008, 01:36 PM
    Texas Dan
    Quote:

Originally Posted by missi182 View Post
    haha, thats what the winks are for silly!!!

We don't wink in Texas.

:salute:

except maybe to pretty girls.

;)
  • 03-17-2008, 01:48 PM
    dalvers63
    I never soak my BPs, since it isn't a natural thing for them to do in the wild. I can guarantee that the damp pillowcase, with a washrag or small damp towel thrown in with the snake, will take care of the problem in no time.

I've always been one to take care of stuck sheds first thing as soon as I notice it. It's easy enough to get a pillowcase wet and throw them inside it and then back in their tub/cage for an hour or so. When you take them out, if the shed isn't gone it will be very easy to remove.
  • 03-17-2008, 02:01 PM
    Texas Dan
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dalvers63 View Post
    I never soak my BPs, since it isn't a natural thing for them to do in the wild. I can guarantee that the damp pillowcase, with a washrag or small damp towel thrown in with the snake, will take care of the problem in no time.

I've always been one to take care of stuck sheds first thing as soon as I notice it. It's easy enough to get a pillowcase wet and throw them inside it and then back in their tub/cage for an hour or so. When you take them out, if the shed isn't gone it will be very easy to remove.

I should have done it when I first noticed, but I was so excited he did shed I wasn't thinking.

How many pillow cases you think they have in the wild? :rolleye2:
  • 03-17-2008, 02:27 PM
    starmom
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dalvers63 View Post
    I never soak my BPs, since it isn't a natural thing for them to do in the wild...

Hmmm, I'm not certain this can be said with this much certainty. There are places in Africa where royal pythons live in mangroves and mangroves grow in swamps. I keep reading research papers to increase my own knowledge and am amazed at the diversity of these snakes and their adaptability as well.
  • 03-17-2008, 02:58 PM
    Spaniard
    For problem sheds I took a spare towel and hand stitched it into a small bag; then I take the snake and a small wash cloth and throw them in a small amount of water for 20 minutes and that usually does the job.

This is a picture of Kharma coming out of her custom made sauna ;)

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...o/100_1644.jpg
  • 03-17-2008, 02:59 PM
    missi182
    I would say that sometimes putting a damp pillowcase right in the enclosure is not an option (as in my case). I use scott shop towels as substrate so when they get wet, they stay wet. I change them often but I don't see what is wrong with either soaking in a separate tub or putting a damp cloth in with the bp in a separate tub. What ever works for each individual I guess, as long as the bp is kept warm and the stuck shed is tended to.
  • 03-17-2008, 03:33 PM
    Texas Dan
    I still want to know about these pillow cases in the wild. :D

:salute: