Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,218

2 members and 2,216 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,395
Threads: 248,765
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Boons

Frustrated new owner

Printable View

• 04-29-2012, 12:19 AM
    wolfy-hound
    Baby pythons are food for everything, so he's just a little paranoid. Once he figures out you're a nice warm thing, and not a thing that wants to eat him, he'll relax more.

Welcome to BP.net.
  • 04-29-2012, 07:36 AM
    kitedemon
    There is a moment when a young snake no longer looks at you and sees something that might eat it. What happens in the small snakey brain I don't know but often they no longer believe we are a threat. Some get there fast some slow.

I would suggest try just touching the snake at first in its hide just touch with a finger. Then lift the hide away and just touch. Then lay a whole hand over the snake. I'd then try lifting it up a few inches off the floor of the enclosure. (slowly) Just build up slowly make sure you movements are very slow and steady. Remember most things that prey on Royals move fast so you really must not move fast. touch handle once o twice a week for a few min and build that up over a few months. I have had snakes 'ignore me' in a few weeks to well over a year before it calmed down.

As Slim said over 20 years in fact the oldest recorded is over 45 years. You have a long time to build 'trust' for lack of a better term. Take it easy.