Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,378

2 members and 2,376 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Kaiju (28)

» Stats

Members: 75,149
Threads: 248,588
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, koala
  • 04-12-2009, 11:44 PM
    ama1997
    Re: hr669 send a tip to your local news
    I did the same sent an email to the 5 local stations here. I have not herd back from them yet.
  • 04-12-2009, 11:52 PM
    temec
    I just sent a message to KTLA.. It's a very very large news station in so cal.
  • 04-13-2009, 12:05 AM
    mainbutter
    Quote:

Originally Posted by grim reaper in NY View Post
    Just sent a letter to my local Fox News station. They live for stories like this. All the exposure we can get can only help our cause.

I worry that the majority of people who care about this issue hate snakes in particular enough to want this bill passed.
  • 04-13-2009, 01:00 AM
    GregBennett
    I posted about HR669 on some of my other hobby boards (guns, car clubs) and the only responses I got from people were them saying they think this should be passed and that they think people shouldn't be aloud to own dangerous animals (example: chimps, large snakes). Most pointed out the everglades as to reason why people shouldn't own snakes. We have a hard road a head of us.

Most people outside this hobby just don't get it or really care. And the average gerbil or reptile owner doesn't see the point in caring about this.

I just hope every person inside this community does there part to stop this bill.

Just to repost: Ralph Davis has tried to make it as easy as possible to send in letters.

Here's his link.

http://www.ralphdavisreptiles.com/fo...96&whichpage=1

Please people send in letters. I have over 100 I'm sending. We need to be heard.
  • 04-13-2009, 10:43 AM
    tjones
    I emailed both of my news stations and one of them emailed me back and I will be doing an interview april 20th, i know its alittle late but atlest they emailed me back. They want my snake to be in it also!!!!!

:salute::banana:SAY NO TO HR669:banana::salute:
  • 04-13-2009, 11:15 AM
    Little B-Py
    Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfy-hound View Post
    Wikipedia offers lists of news stations by state. Click each station to go to the website for that station, and look for "news tips" or "contact us".
    I just spent 2-3 hours on the florida news stations, and I know I didn't get to half of them.

can you post that link?
  • 04-13-2009, 11:18 AM
    panthercz
    I view sending this to a news station as a mistake. Most people will gladly support banning reptiles. The news stations will not show it for what it is, a bad thing.
  • 04-13-2009, 11:28 AM
    mikedahitman87
    I think that fish hobbyist are an untapped resource. My dad isn't into reptiles but is really into tropical fish. When I told him about the resolution, he got pretty upset about it.

Although pretty much everyone here is a reptile hobbyist, I think the key to fighting the bill is to focus on animals that a larger majority like. For example gerbils, tropical fish, and birds. If you can get the news to focus on that instead of snakes and lizards, it would be better.
  • 04-13-2009, 11:35 AM
    panthercz
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mikedahitman87 View Post
    I think that fish hobbyist are an untapped resource. My dad isn't into reptiles but is really into tropical fish. When I told him about the resolution, he got pretty upset about it.

The only problem with that is it seems the few fish keepers that do know about it, don't care because they think it won't effect them.
    The only fish keepers that seem to care are the people over on monsterfishkeepers.com and a handful of others.
  • 04-13-2009, 11:42 AM
    Clear
    Most people are aiming this at snakes, if you point out small lizards, exotic mammals and fish it will hit a bigger audience. Many people hate snakes but love gecko's, bearded dragons, ferrets and fish.