Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,000

2 members and 1,998 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,392
Threads: 248,759
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, ball-o-rama
  • 01-12-2015, 10:35 PM
    John1982
    This girl was in her typical tea kettle mood so figured I'd get a quick video of her cursing up a storm. Ignore the bad lighting, video is meant more to be heard than seen in this case - check out the pictures above to see her actual colors. She doesn't usually bite once I have the tub out but she'll headbutt or, infinitely more annoying, lash her midsection around sending bedding scattering across the floor. She calms down pretty good once I pull her out but she's pretty cranky when I get in her space. I find it oddly endearing though try not to mess with her other than cleaning or feeding time.

http://i839.photobucket.com/albums/z...psqz1vm2xm.mp4
  • 01-13-2015, 11:56 AM
    EL-Ziggy
    Re: New Female - Feeding Shots
    Wow, she's a grumpy one aye John? Has she always been so hissy? My 2 bulls will rattle their tails a little if I disturb them and the younger one used to huff and puff but they grew out of it pretty quickly. She's a nice sized girl and sounds pretty intimidating.
  • 01-13-2015, 07:20 PM
    John1982
    Oh yeah, she's perpetually fresh off the wrong side of the bed. I'm positive I could work with her a bit and get her chilled out but I would honestly miss the display.
  • 01-13-2015, 10:41 PM
    BumbleB
    Ha she sounds so mean is that normal in bulls? I read somewhere thay they didn't have the best attitudes but that's pretty intimidating to say the least
  • 01-13-2015, 10:59 PM
    John1982
    Quote:

Originally Posted by BumbleB View Post
    Ha she sounds so mean is that normal in bulls? I read somewhere thay they didn't have the best attitudes but that's pretty intimidating to say the least

Depends how much you work with the snake but out of my 7, which are only handled for maintenance, just 2 are hissers. None of mine are biters though, they're just very audible snakes when annoyed. Even my most aggressive hatchlings grew out of biting within the first few months under general maintenance. They only do a bit of tail rattling now when I move them for cleaning.
  • 01-13-2015, 11:20 PM
    BumbleB
    That's good to know. They're beautiful animals I get a little jealous when you guys post pics haha
  • 01-14-2015, 12:20 AM
    EL-Ziggy
    I'm with you John, usually all they need is a little work. I handle mine a few times a week and they're both really mellow now. The male I have would hiss, strike, and bite in the beginning but now he's putty in my hands. I do love their defensive displays though.
  • 01-14-2015, 11:34 AM
    jclaiborne
    I can see why people would say they are intimidating snakes, she just looks so mean, but so cool at the same time!