Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,501

1 members and 3,500 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Btripp08 (38)

» Stats

Members: 75,150
Threads: 248,592
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Dbook

Saltwater tanks.

Printable View

• 10-30-2009, 12:57 PM
    PCG Aquariums
    Re: Saltwater tanks.
    Quote:

Originally Posted by fishmommy View Post
    I am looking forward to starting my own reef tank. I want in to the salt hobby more for the corals and inverts than the fish.
    I'm just too busy this year, but if I have some downtime in the next 5 years I will be taking the plunge with one of my 75 gallon tanks. The current residents of that tank are elderly and should finish out their natural lifespans within the next year or two I'm guessing - then it's time to convert!

Expensive equipment (lighting, etc) but worth it IMHO~

WWW.aquatraders.com
    They use to have a bad rap but I have 10 differnt lights with them and they work just fine one is 4 years old.
  • 10-30-2009, 12:58 PM
    PCG Aquariums
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucas339 View Post
    several species of Gracilaria, Agardhiella, Ulva, and several other species that we just call green, red, or brown that we have yet to ID. we collect algae from the feild and grow it out. the ones i listed above we grow all the time.

im not talking about actual fish poop or anything on the black sand. im talking about chunks of rocks and shells. they stand out.

Never had truble. I think its the rock I have its soft and just turns to dust.
  • 10-31-2009, 07:19 AM
    nixer
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tonkatoyman View Post
    Some day I'm gona be rich and own me a salt water tank. I'll have to be rich because I always end up with a tank full of belly-ups. You know those fish that swim upside down. :D Really nice pictures you've got there.

you should just get those upside down catfish they already swim that way lol
  • 11-01-2009, 07:00 PM
    Boanerges
    I love fish tanks!!!! I can't wait to get a big one when me and my family get our own house!!! Yours are beautiful :gj: