Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,515

2 members and 1,513 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Kaiju (28)

» Stats

Members: 75,149
Threads: 248,590
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, koala
  • 04-10-2014, 02:18 PM
    JoRandom
    Re: What's the most you've ever spent or would spend on a single bp?
    Quote:

Originally Posted by CptJack View Post
    Under 500 - maybe a little more for a really pretty snake that caught my attention.

Pretty sure I'm an outlier, but I'm not interested in breeding and as pretty as I find some of the morphs, they're still just ball pythons. BP aren't particularly display animals, and as far as 'pet' goes, the paint job doesn't make that much difference. Offer me the right albino and I'd bump it up to more than the 500, but otherwise ... I don't think I'd spent more than 2 to 300.00, and that'd be a common morph or a bigger snake.

This. Love looking at the higher end morphs, but looking is all it will ever be.
  • 07-19-2014, 06:17 PM
    colton62
    Being 17 right now not very much lol. But maybe when I'm older depending on my job and where I'm at during the future snake breeding wise i could see myself buying a few high end morphs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 07-20-2014, 02:57 AM
    raisinjelly
    Good time for a thread like this to pop back up. I've been wondering lately if sometime in the future, after I've gained a decent bit of hands-on experience, I'd want to get BEL. It's been one of my dream pets for a few years now. $1,000+ is a pretty big chunk of money to spend on just a pet, since I'm not planning on getting into breeding and thus would not make my money back by selling hatchlings. I'm kinda leery of spending money like that on living things in general, because things can happen even if care is perfect - like IBD for example - and they could end up dying just a few years in. Also as CptJack mentioned, balls don't make very good displays since they mostly chill out in their hides. Aside from handling it I probably wouldn't be seeing much of it in the enclosure. Two-way glass igloo maybe? Haha

Ah well, I have a long time to think about it. Especially if I end up having to move to be able to legally own constrictors. In the mean time, reptile fantasies are the best fantasies :D
  • 07-20-2014, 01:36 PM
    satomi325
    BELs are no longer in the $1000+ range. They've dropped to around $500 these days.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  • 07-20-2014, 08:29 PM
    raisinjelly
    Wow seriously? I guess it's been quite a while since I checked. That's awesome!
  • 07-20-2014, 11:16 PM
    AjBalls
    $6,000 for my banana bumblebee. This was less than a year ago when normal bananas were still $6,000.
  • 07-22-2014, 09:19 AM
    C2tcardin
    What's the current top BP on the market price wise? I was at Repticon over the weekend and one of the breeders there said they were recently offered $30k for a snake and they turned down the offer. Don't remember what it was but he said there are only 4 in the world.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • 07-22-2014, 10:18 AM
    bigt0006
    Quote:

Originally Posted by C2tcardin View Post
    What's the current top BP on the market price wise? I was at Repticon over the weekend and one of the breeders there said they were recently offered $30k for a snake and they turned down the offer. Don't remember what it was but he said there are only 4 in the world.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top price rite now would probably be the scaleless heads aka het scaleless no scaleless have been sold only hets and the fetched a pretty hefty price.

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk 2
  • 07-22-2014, 01:06 PM
    Spike89
    The most I have spent is $80 for a normal before I realized that pet stores were such a joke. I paid $25 for my 3'7" male normal. I would pay $600 for the right one though. It would have to blow my mind though.
  • 07-22-2014, 01:11 PM
    Spike89
    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/23/yrezepyn.jpg

I would pay extra for this but a BP is a BP. As much I love them they are what they are.