Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,476

1 members and 1,475 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Btripp08 (38)

» Stats

Members: 75,149
Threads: 248,591
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, koala
  • 02-28-2015, 07:13 AM
    Karokash
    http://i57.tinypic.com/i263y9.jpg

An updated image. Look how much better he looks!
  • 02-28-2015, 07:25 AM
    Karokash
    PS. That little patch of stuck shed on his back came off ablut 10 seconds after this picture. The fogger has helped immensely.
  • 02-28-2015, 12:21 PM
    Albert Clark
    Re: New owner and site member, BP Dehydrated from store.
    The bp you purchased from Petsmart came with a receipt and a period of time to meet with your satisfaction or not. If you purchased one from them in the past and it died why even purchase another animal from that particular store? Maybe next time try a reputable breeder? I understand the rescue part but why start with a problem when you really don't have to? On another note you can solve the humidity issue by purchasing a "versa top" for your enclosure from Petsmart or Petland. It is a folding glass top that fits the exact measurements of the sized tank you have. Comes with a plastic attachment that slides onto the glass and you can put air holes into that part to facilitate oxygen exchange. Good luck. Stay in peace and not pieces. A.C. :)
  • 02-28-2015, 12:23 PM
    Albert Clark
    Good job! The bp is lucky to have you as his owner! Keep up the good work... :gj:
  • 02-28-2015, 02:05 PM
    Citrus
    I'm not about to read through 175 posts, but here's what I would do for a dehydrated snake: feed f/t and dip the head of the f/t into warm water after it's defrosted. Then feed. That way you know the snake is getting liquids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 03-03-2015, 05:00 PM
    Spoons
    Oh wow, he looks WAY better than he did! That is awesome :D What a cute little snake!
  • 03-12-2015, 03:50 AM
    Karokash
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Citrus View Post
    I'm not about to read through 175 posts, but here's what I would do for a dehydrated snake: feed f/t and dip the head of the f/t into warm water after it's defrosted. Then feed. That way you know the snake is getting liquids.

I appreciate the suggestion, I will keep it in mind for any future issues as that makes a lot of sense. I apologize for the length of the thread; it sort of turned into just a running observation of him as he got better.
  • 03-12-2015, 07:59 AM
    Citrus
    I'm glad he's better! :D

• 03-12-2015, 05:53 PM
    Albert Clark
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Karokash View Post
    PS. That little patch of stuck shed on his back came off ablut 10 seconds after this picture. The fogger has helped immensely.

I know you have been busy tweaking Kaa's enclosure and you deserve a commendation for all your success with him. He definitely can take adult mice and or rat pups. I saw while he was eating in the you tube video ,there was quite a bit of substrate that got attached to the mouse and he subsequently swallowed. Just be careful with that for the future. Actually, what you can do is while he is swallowing the prey reach in with the tongs and remove as much of the substrate as possible. Don't move the prey item or touch him with the tongs. Only remove substrate! It's ok if they swallow a little but you can remove a lot during the swallowing process. Good luck and relax and enjoy him. :snake: :gj: