Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,547

0 members and 2,547 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,395
Threads: 248,765
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Boons
  • 05-25-2022, 12:28 PM
    Bogertophis
    What a cute little guy. You could call him Audi. (it sounds like "outie", hahaha! & it actually means "listen!" in German) :D
  • 05-26-2022, 12:28 PM
    Lizrd_boy
    Re: Leopard gecko breeding questions
    Haha idk maybe. Or maybe Lucky lol.
  • 05-26-2022, 01:04 PM
    Erie_herps
    I actually named my first crested gecko baby Lucky. Haha, I guess we both have good taste.
  • 05-27-2022, 03:36 PM
    Lizrd_boy
    Good news! I tried to feed the lil guy last night after he shed, but I wasn't sure if he got anything. But today I just watched him eat his first waxworm! I figured the high fat content would help him gain some weight, and if he refuses plain crickets after this I can squeeze waxworm juice onto them or something.
  • 05-27-2022, 06:28 PM
    Erie_herps
    That's great! I would definitely try to get him onto something healthier but eating waxworms is better than nothing.
  • 05-27-2022, 08:16 PM
    Lizrd_boy
    Definately. I'm not thinking I'll give him any more, I just wanted him to gain a little weight, and he wasn't fast enough for crickets.
  • 05-27-2022, 08:17 PM
    Bogertophis
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Lizrd_boy View Post
    Definately. I'm not thinking I'll give him any more, I just wanted him to gain a little weight, and he wasn't fast enough for crickets.

I think that was a good decision- ;)
  • 05-27-2022, 10:02 PM
    Erie_herps
    Also, in the future, if a gecko has trouble catching crickets you can put the crickets in the fridge for a short time (5-10 minutes) and they will slow down. It's perfectly humane (cooling the temperature is the standard way to euthanize inverts) and it will slow them down enough where it's very easy for the gecko to catch them. They will speed back up as they warm up but they would still be slowed down for a while.
  • 05-31-2022, 04:51 PM
    Lizrd_boy
    Over the past few days the lil guy hasn't been eating a ton, but I think he ate more last night and he pooped and it was larger than it was before. So far, so good! I don't think I told, you yet, but ater his first shed I moved him to his shoebox outside of the incubator.
  • 06-07-2022, 09:42 AM
    Lizrd_boy
    I've noticed Rex has been staying in his humid hide when he's not exploring/hunting. I think that's because his humid hide is more secure feeling, but I'm concerned he's not getting warm enough since the bottom of the humid hide is thick ceramic, and that he's breathing too much water since it's a humid hide. I'm considering replacing it with a less secure tupperware container so he actually gets warm enough. What do you think?