Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,852

1 members and 1,851 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,405
Threads: 248,766
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Miramiraonthewa11
  • 06-19-2016, 12:13 PM
    wolfy-hound
    Good to hear and we'd love to see updated photos soon too.
  • 06-19-2016, 01:07 PM
    BMorrison
    Re: EMERGENCY | My Ball Python's Scales Just Split
    Glad to hear he's doing better and I second anybody who's said progress or updated pictures would be sweet to see! You're doing an amazing job with that little guy! Keep up the good work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 06-19-2016, 02:22 PM
    LanceM
    Awesome job caring for him I agree pictures would be nice.
  • 06-20-2016, 06:43 PM
    Nixon
    [Posting pictures and I accidentally posted instead of previewing]
  • 06-20-2016, 07:01 PM
    Nixon
  • 06-20-2016, 07:27 PM
    wolfy-hound
    Those look really good. He will heal fast, no worries and eventually there won't be scars left even.
  • 06-21-2016, 07:29 AM
    EDR
    Been aware of this thread for a while now and just wanted to finally give you a verbal pat on the back for taking in little dave. There's to many really sad cases out there and it's really good to see a good example like this where your turning him around. It looks like your giving him the tlc he needs to get better and im wishing him the best and best of luck to you as well.
  • 06-21-2016, 10:14 AM
    LanceM
    Looking good
  • 07-14-2016, 07:32 PM
    Nixon
    Updating yet again - Dave is doing great. He has scabbed up properly and is still eating. I have found nothing unusual with him. He is still loose when it comes to his scales, being wrinkly, as if he had a bigger body before but he's only been growing more and more into it. I'm hoping with enough vitamin supplements, his scales will tighten up and fit him more. I'd feel less stressed about holding the guy. He's so fragile.

So, I wanted to make this post because of what happened merely minutes ago today. I have a friend over and she's fascinated with snakes but I'd never trust her owning one because of how rough she handles them. I had Dave out and he was slither on the bed that we were both sitting on. She gets up to get or do something and she literally, not kidding, AN INCH away from crushing his skull. She had tripped a bit but I saw how close her foot was and my heart dropped instantly. Right away I put him back. That was too close. I know it would've been an accident but if he went like that... just in a heartbeat - I would lose my mind, honestly. I understand if he died due to infection or malnutrition but a foot of someone who is careless. It would hurt. She didn't even seem to care when I told her that. She apologized but she acted like it wouldn't affect me greatly, going on to other topics. I don't want her holding my snakes now.

Christ.

We could've lost Dave.
  • 07-14-2016, 07:45 PM
    JodanOrNoDan
    All people value life differently. She probably does not realize what an accomplishment it was just for you to keep that animal alive. The people here do though. I would hire you in a minute to help out with my collection. As I said before, you have seriously impressed me with your tenacity.